Portland VS White House

ronnieo

or u could actually be a supporter of phs and not bash ur own school. no matter how the team plays the parents and great student sections show up to support. u can join the crowd or be one of the people that bashes their own school and nobody likes. ur choice.

I AM a supporter of ALL PHS sports. If you knew who I am, it would be very obvious to you that I am one of THE biggest supporters in many ways. You do like me, you just don't know it. I don't consider asking an opinion about why the caliber of PHS athletics has fallen over the years the same as bashing them. Does it start in youth leagues, middle school, at home? I am a realist who would like to hear some logical reasons behind this issue. The fact of the matter is that we have not been very competitive in football, basketball, or baseball in quite some time. And by competitive, I mean winning seasons! Nobody likes to lose, especially the players. Obviously winning is important to you or you would not have started a thread discussing the IMPROVEMENT of Portland Baseball. In what ways would they improve if they don't win more? If you didn't care about winning, you wouldn't even be on this board. I'm just wondering what has brought about the change. There is a lot of talk around town about whether or not we can compete over the next four years with the changes in the district. Some people think we don't have a chance while others think it shouldn't make a difference. For some reason, some in this town will expect PHS to win despite the fact that we will be the smallest school in the district. Are they reasonable to expect this? Or does winning not matter anyway as long as the kids are having a good time? Opinions are like you know what - everybody has one! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or u could actually be a supporter of phs and not bash ur own school. no matter how the team plays the parents and great student sections show up to support. u can join the crowd or be one of the people that bashes their own school and nobody likes. ur choice.

Hey Seymour, in addition to my earlier comment, I would like to refer you to a comment/question/observation you made back on September 14, 2008 (YOUR direct quote is copied and pasted below):

"what has happened to portland football. 1994-2000 we went to three state championship games and won one. we rarely lost more than two to three games a season. we have the talent to play and win our region this year, but for some reason we cant get over the hump. white house was very good but we shoud have beaten northwest and greenbrier easily. they have the players and the talent to win seven games this year and make a splash. who is to blame? and i also think we have a pretty good coaching staff but why no w's?"

I am just curious as to why is was ok for you to question the downfall of PHS football but you got quite defensive with me for questioning what has happened to ALL Panther sports?! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey Seymour, in addition to my earlier comment, I would like to refer you to a comment/question/observation you made back on September 14, 2008 (YOUR direct quote is copied and pasted below):

"what has happened to portland football. 1994-2000 we went to three state championship games and won one. we rarely lost more than two to three games a season. we have the talent to play and win our region this year, but for some reason we cant get over the hump. white house was very good but we shoud have beaten northwest and greenbrier easily. they have the players and the talent to win seven games this year and make a splash. who is to blame? and i also think we have a pretty good coaching staff but why no w's?"

I am just curious as to why is was ok for you to question the downfall of PHS football but you got quite defensive with me for questioning what has happened to ALL Panther sports?! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

im a huge supporter of football. u saw me at every home game tailgating with all my buddies. i would go crazy at every football and basketball games. and i think coach bever is a great assistant but not the best head coach. i was actually praising our talent level. we won what like three or four consecutive middle school championships? im just saying i know we have talent. heck my great friends adam brown and dominique roe signed at lambuth and deservedly so. im excited about coach sanders coming in i just wish he could have been there earlier because i know we can win games with the talent we have.

I AM a supporter of ALL PHS sports. If you knew who I am, it would be very obvious to you that I am one of THE biggest supporters in many ways. You do like me, you just don't know it. I don't consider asking an opinion about why the caliber of PHS athletics has fallen over the years the same as bashing them. Does it start in youth leagues, middle school, at home? I am a realist who would like to hear some logical reasons behind this issue. The fact of the matter is that we have not been very competitive in football, basketball, or baseball in quite some time. And by competitive, I mean winning seasons! Nobody likes to lose, especially the players. Obviously winning is important to you or you would not have started a thread discussing the IMPROVEMENT of Portland Baseball. In what ways would they improve if they don't win more? If you didn't care about winning, you wouldn't even be on this board. I'm just wondering what has brought about the change. There is a lot of talk around town about whether or not we can compete over the next four years with the changes in the district. Some people think we don't have a chance while others think it shouldn't make a difference. For some reason, some in this town will expect PHS to win despite the fact that we will be the smallest school in the district. Are they reasonable to expect this? Or does winning not matter anyway as long as the kids are having a good time? Opinions are like you know what - everybody has one! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

yeah well im not sure where it starts i just got defensive there. but winning is important and having fun is the key. i know my baseball team has a blast and everyone gets along. there is alot of unity here. but we would love nothing for than to win a large number of games thats the point of sports. but if u were at the jo byrns game everyone had fun. im just behind all my guys at my school. they are my best friends and i hate that some people bash us because we work so hard and havent got the results we have wanted. i love phs and after i graduate im going to miss it. i just have alot of school pride and it hurts to see people question us, but thanks for the support and go panthers!

yeah well im not sure where it starts i just got defensive there. but winning is important and having fun is the key. i know my baseball team has a blast and everyone gets along. there is alot of unity here. but we would love nothing for than to win a large number of games thats the point of sports. but if u were at the jo byrns game everyone had fun. im just behind all my guys at my school. they are my best friends and i hate that some people bash us because we work so hard and havent got the results we have wanted. i love phs and after i graduate im going to miss it. i just have alot of school pride and it hurts to see people question us, but thanks for the support and go panthers!

Yes, I was at the Jo Byrns game and I think you guys played great and I think you have great team spirit. Sorry I couldn't make it to the Hendersonville game. It's always more fun to win, isn't it? But we've still only been able to beat 1A teams and that really concerns a lot of people in this town for all sports for next year. I didn't intend to bash anyone, I am just making observations. I just thought the baseball team was really supposed to make a turn around this year with so many returning starters, but it's not turning out like I expected so far. Still looking forward to that first district win in 2 years. I know we have the talent to win in baseball, so why no w's in except against 1A teams? Go Panthers!

Yes, I was at the Jo Byrns game and I think you guys played great and I think you have great team spirit. Sorry I couldn't make it to the Hendersonville game. It's always more fun to win, isn't it? But we've still only been able to beat 1A teams and that really concerns a lot of people in this town for all sports for next year. I didn't intend to bash anyone, I am just making observations. I just thought the baseball team was really supposed to make a turn around this year with so many returning starters, but it's not turning out like I expected so far. Still looking forward to that first district win in 2 years. I know we have the talent to win in baseball, so why no w's in except against 1A teams? Go Panthers!

yes it feels great to win. we played hard against hend. they are a really sound team but the guys next year will be in the same district. hend. 7 phs 2. district games against greenbrier tuesday and thursday. we need these two big wins in the district. go phs

the guys on the team that are not playing because they have no family that are friends of jimmy, past school mates of jimmys or just don't kiss up enough aren't having a great time....

the guys on the team that are not playing because they have no family that are friends of jimmy, past school mates of jimmys or just don't kiss up enough aren't having a great time....

That's not true.. and since I'm one of the players that's not playing, I think I would know lol

He plays who he believes gives us the best chance to win. It has nothing to do with politics.

Mikesimpson if you are going to make such an accusation, I believe you should back it up with facts. What players, in particular, do you believe should be playing and are not due to their lack of family connections or ???kissing up??? to Jimmy Parker? Just curious.