Austin East losing a Big Time Player

Turtle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well explain it then? In my opinion, its about getting an opportunity of a lifetime. GBSdad, I'm pretty sure if one of your kids were accepted to a Prep School, you would've let them go. Don't get on here and say its not worth it because it is. Now for you to say he probably won't play, its called working hard in practice so you can have the chance to see the court and that's at any school you attend.

Secondly, I'm like the other poster, why is everyone of you Carter fans still talking about Knocking AE out. I mean, think back to when Alcoa knocked them out, they were doing the same thing that you all are doing and they went to state and got busted. Leave the past in the past and start thinking about tomorrow.. BTW won't be a joke nor will the rest of the teams that's there.

Now once again I say Congrads to Brandon Lopez. He's going to go to NC and make us Knoxvillians proud because he's going to represent.

personally as a player... if i wouldve gotten accepted to a prep school when i played high school ball a few years ago i wouldnt have left my friends and team out to dry... i mean i understand the opportunity to get your name out there and get better scholarship offers and better competition, but still AE is a good enough program where he could get the schools he wanted after him anyways if he is good enough. Brandon Lopez is a solid player, he couldve been a really good player for AE in the next few years... He didnt have to leave, look at steele and galman at fulton they getting just as good as offers as he will and theyre at fulton. I think it may hurt him going there in the long run cuz he could be the star at AE in the next few years being the go-to guy putting up unbelievable numbers kinda like the skylar mcBee kid. When he goes to that prep school he will be an average player or below average player on that team even if he does work really hard he would be an complementary player at best. For example if Mcbee was at a big school i dont think he would be getting half the looks he is getting either cuz them huge number games would go way down just because there would be a lot more talent on the floor with him.

Good luck to him though at his prep school i wish him the best.

Just a little confused on why he would make that decision. congrats to him though

Actually, Mac, all three schools (Howard, Brainerd, and Tyner) have quality guard play returning. Well, I should say guards that played significant time returning. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Howard only loses Quick, Brainerd doesnt lose any guards, and Tyner doesn't lose any either. It's all academc though.

Neither of those two teams have good guard play. Tyner and Brainerd are both good down low. The Howard backup guards could start at any of the other schools. and our back up guards are actually our best Quincey Jones and Demetre Young

I thought the goal of the Magnet School program was to keep the more affluent African American families in the school and recruit more of suburbia to the inner city.

I guess we can see it STILL DON'T WORK!

SPlains I have your tissue for all your tears on the way back tonight... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Better yet, I'll see you Monday on the baseball diamond and I'll give you some tissue.. Hahaha

But yes that's the goal of the Magnet program but you all are missing the point. If a player from any school is accepted to a National ranked(Top 25 I must add) Prep School, then of course they're going to go.. Not to get me wrong but I truly think AE is a Top 100 team but for a chance to explore the States, (Not just TN teams but all over the United States) I would go too.. Its called getting a player ready for College and this is what this acceptance is geared towards.

Another thing, its a Christian School Prep School so I'm all for that..

WOW!! well i guess ae is going to have a "rebuilding" yr next yr huh? first they're losing twins, lundy, now lopez n as much trouble as pryor stays in he probably wont be around much longer either...oh n u cant say that the bench will step up b/c i saw them play multiple times this yr n the bench is NOT going to get it done...sad day for the roadrunner faithfuls... but if steele ends up going to Oak Hill like the rumors are saying then it will be pretty even matched for the rivalry next yr

I had a chance to see A-E's jv team over at Bearden in the county tournament, they are going to be fine they are loaded with talent.

Grades or the lack of a test score are generally the reason these kids leave to go to these prep schools.

Oak Hill thrives because they get the great players that may not qualify at the next level eligible. College coaches encourage these kids to go there to get "magic grades" and become eligible.

You are right about one thing. MOST prep schools are like that. However, I have been informed that Christ School or whatever the name of the school is is quite different. They focus on more than just sports. It is a legitimate college style prep school.

Turtle you are wrong about me sending one of mine to a Prep school for athletics purposes. We had that decission to make with the the older one involving football.To be honest with you the feedback we got from people that had chosen to do this wasn't very positve.It seems that most that go this route have to do it for reasons other that athletics(and NO I am not saying this is the case with Lopez he seems to be class act and great player) if this decision is not totally 100% the kids it will not work out good.Hey if we had chosen the other way maybe there would have been more athletic offers but it has worked out for us.Good luck to Brandon

Turtle you are wrong about me sending one of mine to a Prep school for athletics purposes. We had that decission to make with the the older one involving football.To be honest with you the feedback we got from people that had chosen to do this wasn't very positve.It seems that most that go this route have to do it for reasons other that athletics(and NO I am not saying this is the case with Lopez he seems to be class act and great player) if this decision is not totally 100% the kids it will not work out good.Hey if we had chosen the other way maybe there would have been more athletic offers but it has worked out for us.Good luck to Brandon

Now that's a good post... And my only question is, how do you and others know that he's mainly going for sports purposes why not think he's going there for academics? Maybe Brandon should get on here and chime in. I'm going to text him right now and I'll tell him to get on here.. I doubt if he will post something but hey, its worth a try..

Brandon doesn't owe anybody an explanation. It's his choice, his life and he doesn't have to justify his decisions to a message board.

I mean DUH!! There's people thinking he's leaving AE because of Mitchell and we, well I know that's not true. Brandon read these post but he won't post anything on here.