Summertown, Columbia Acadamy, Richland

UNC23

Oh. Its just that I saw MTCS play earlier this year and they had some trouble defensly and did not hit. I thought they may have lost alot from last year. Didn't they go to the state last year?

I have not seen Cascade, just see their ranking and hear all the talk about how good they are. I have seen MTPS and they are not good enough to beat an honest #1 ranked team in my opinion. Any given day as they say. Congrats to MTPS.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Its just that I saw MTCS play earlier this year and they had some trouble defensively and did not hit. I thought they may have lost alot from last year. Didn't they go to the state last year?

I have not seen Cascade, just see their ranking and hear all the talk about how good they are. I have seen MTPS and they are not good enough to beat an honest #1 ranked team in my opinion. Any given day as they say. Congrats to MTPS.

We got beat in the Regionals last year. We only lost 2 seniors and have a very solid defense and average offense. We will play Mt. Pleasant tomorrow so we will see how we do. We played them last year and beat them with a long ball. Of course remember that Cascades VERY STRONG POINT is their 2 starting district pitchers, who of course will not pitch this weekend.

Moore Co. is not a bad team, they have a smart coach. They knew wat to throw aganst Summertown to shut down ther bats for few innings. Their record is not a real reflection of how good they are.

The thing with Moore County is their depth. The coach moves people around to give some kids rest while playing non district teams. I understand why he does this but not sure if it helps in the long run with the catcher being an exception because they definately need rest. Coach Deal has done a great job bringing the kids together this year they are enjoying playing ball and they are always picking each other up and encouraging one another. Great to see!!

oh... well excuse me! guess i just forgot about the runs u scored on our freshman

guess i better be sure to give u the full credit...even though u still couldn't play a complete game against us

I would watch what you say. Next time could be very different. Workman can shut down just about anybody when he is on. Wouldn't that be an awesome Region Championship game?!?!

I would watch what you say. Next time could be very different. Workman can shut down just about anybody when he is on. Wouldn't that be an awesome Region Championship game?!?!

ha yea it would but at the same time i heard blaze for richland could shut down anyone on almost any given day. Either way i would say Summertown has to bring their A game on that Monday in the Region Semis, cause they will either face Blaze or Workman. If Summertown makes it past that game, they will be more than ready for sub state and state

Summertown better keep bearing down and not let up or they will get put out early. Obviously CA did not pitch their top pitchers (workman or ayers), CA started a freshman on the hill and they were missing a couple other starters. Richland also started a younger kid. Richland was alot tougher when they brought patterson in. Richland and CA will be tough to beat when playing to win. They play each other in a big district game for 1st place this coming week and saved their best for that game, not Summertown. This was the 1st time I have seen Summertown, their pitching is not that good, they will have to out score the other team and need to hit from 1 through 9. I venture to say they dont always do that, i dont know of any single A team that stacks good enough hitters from 1-9 to beat a pitcher like blaze parsons or workman consistently.