Grace vs. Manassas

TempleTrue

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> t t t today junior!!! buckner is good and athletic, so is patrick. buckner is said to be lazy. patrick is one of the hardest workers you will ever meet. buckner cant score on a 6'4" post from humboldt how is he going to score against patrick. patrick is averaging about 15pts buckner had like 7 against humboldt. they both do a good job on defense and they both had about 5 blocks in their games today. i think patrick can hold his own. not that buckner cant. but with all that being said Grace has amazing gaurds and they all have the ability to just go off and score 20 plus not to mention herman puts up about 20 a game any ways. mannassas didnt even have a 3 until the 3 or 4th quarter and they played very sloppy. so did Grace at first. Grace of knox had about 8 threes and couldnt miss any thing the whole game and grace won handlily. all that to say Grace christian of knox had better scorers and better gaurds than manassas and look what their fate was. so if manassas wants to get out of this one alive they better step up the gaurd play and buckner better score more. IMO

Just a minor correction Buckner had a double double today against a very good Humboldt team not chop liver. If Grace has the athletes that Humboldt has that can force 20+ turnovers then it might be close. If Grace drops back into a zone, the turnovers will be limited and Manassas by 14+

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a minor correction Buckner had a double double today against a very good Humboldt team not chop liver. If Grace has the athletes that Humboldt has that can force 20+ turnovers then it might be close. If Grace drops back into a zone, the turnovers will be limited and Manassas by 14+

oh forgive me. well humboldt is a good team but Grace has better scorers my friend u will just have to wait and see. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

oh forgive me. well humboldt is a good team but Grace has better scorers my friend u will just have to wait and see. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

HAHA well I will be in the BORO to see these GREAT scorers. Maybe you all were playing the chop liver tonight...

HAHA well I will be in the BORO to see these GREAT scorers. Maybe you all were playing the chop liver tonight...

yeah mabey we did. and we showd them for what they were. it will be a close game i like the matchup. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Grace Baptist

Hayseed, I agree with you on being "careful," but for a different reason:

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is now DANGER ZONE time, for Manassas.

Manassas must be EXTREMELY careful to avoid becoming complacent/overconfident, now that #1-ranked, undefeated Humboldt is out of the way!

The majority of knowledgeable fans felt OVERWHELMINGLY that Humboldt and Manassas were, BY FAR, the best 2 Class-A teams in the State.....because of the State's "blind draw" method of determining the Tournament matchups, however, these 2 top teams met in the 1st-round (unfortunately).

This was a Travesty, if you ask me (that's a whole 'nother story)!

Anyway, I happen to agree with the masses: Humboldt and Manassas are more than likely the best 2 Class-A teams, in the State.

NEWSFLASH: Today was NOT the Championship game!!

------------------------------------------------------

Manassas must quickly get off its emotional high and refocus on their true OBJECTIVE-- a State Title! They've still got 2 more games to win, in order to claim their (rightful?) State Championship.

The remaining teams (inferior or otherwise) are NOT going to just roll over & simply conceede the Championship to Manassas!

Hello....

Does anybody remember Georgetown (Goliath) vs Villanova (David), many years ago, for the NCAA Championship?

Manassas would be well served to go read up on the story of David vs Goliath, and Georgetown vs Villanova.

David DEFEATED the mighty Goliath...

-------------------------------------

Go Manassas..... 1 down. 2 more to go......... Memphis is pulling for ya'll!

Manassas must be EXTREMELY careful to avoid becoming complacent/overconfident, now that #1-ranked, undefeated Humboldt is out of the way!

The majority of knowledgeable fans felt OVERWHELMINGLY that Humboldt and Manassas were, BY FAR, the best 2 Class-A teams in the State.....because of the State's "blind draw" method of determining the Tournament matchups, however, these 2 top teams met in the 1st-round (unfortunately).

Anyway, I happen to agree with the masses: Humboldt and Manassas are more than likely the best 2 Class-A teams, in the State.

Manassas must quickly get off its emotional high and refocus on their true OBJECTIVE-- a State Title! They've still got 2 more games to win, in order to claim their (rightful?) State Championship.

The remaining teams (inferior or otherwise) are NOT going to just roll over & simply conceede the Championship to Manassas!

Hello....

Does anybody remember Georgetown (Goliath) vs Villanova (David), many years ago, for the NCAA Championship?

Manassas would be well served to go read up on the story of David vs Goliath, and Georgetown vs Villanova.

Well said...

Hello....

welcome to the danger zone! gonna take u riiiighht innttoo the dannngerr zoooonnnnee!!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> bring it manassass

Of all the teams I saw in singla A today, I thought Grace had the best flow and rhythm and, in my opinion, was really the best team on the court. It blew me away to see Grace Christian knock down so many threes in the first half and Grace still controlling the game and the lead. Well done!

It seemed to take Humboldt and Manassas a little bit of time to get settled in but I am not sure that neither team would say they gave their best performance, though it was a very enjoyable show. Buckner was definitely a good player and I really liked how smooth his moves were and how well he handled the ball. He had a couple of crazy blocks! He has a good game inside and outside, and seemed to prefer to play more outside.

Patrick is an intense player and you will not see him come to the outside much. He seems to score a ton on putbacks. He is the janitor, cleaning up everyone else's missed shots. If Buckner stays on the outside or drives the lane rather than posting up on Patrick, I think Patrick will be Grace's hero.

Having watched Grace play clost to ten games so far this season, I can honestly say that they have not missed a step having been off the last week and a half.

BigBird, I understand fully the points that you are making. They seem very sensible. I respect your views....

I just think that you are overlooking this one CRITICAL detail: Pressure Defense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAUTION: Do not underestimate the profound degree to which an athletic, tough, man-to-man pressure defense changes the entire complexion and outcome of a game:

a) disrupts rhythm

bb) disrupts flow

c) causes turnovers

d) takes a team completely out of its comfort zone

e) diminishes productivity and efficiency

f) causes fatigue- physical AND mental

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's FOOL'S GOLD to look at a team's execution and productivity vs a more passive defense, for instance, and conclude that such an offensive team is "the best team on the court!"

WARNING: If anybody thinks for 1-minute that Manassas or Humboldt were "sloppy" teams, per se, then I've got some swamp land in Florida, that I'd like to sell you!

I strongly suggest that the tough, hard-nosed defenses primarily CAUSED the teams' performances to appear sloppy!!!

Of all the teams I saw in singla A today, I thought Grace had the best flow and rhythm and, in my opinion, was really the best team on the court. It blew me away to see Grace Christian knock down so many threes in the first half and Grace still controlling the game and the lead. Well done!

It seemed to take Humboldt and Manassas a little bit of time to get settled in but I am not sure that neither team would say they gave their best performance, though it was a very enjoyable show. Buckner was definitely a good player and I really liked how smooth his moves were and how well he handled the ball. He had a couple of crazy blocks! He has a good game inside and outside, and seemed to prefer to play more outside.

Patrick is an intense player and you will not see him come to the outside much. He seems to score a ton on putbacks. He is the janitor, cleaning up everyone else's missed shots. If Buckner stays on the outside or drives the lane rather than posting up on Patrick, I think Patrick will be Grace's hero.

Having watched Grace play clost to ten games so far this season, I can honestly say that they have not missed a step having been off the last week and a half.

Bigbird you should just become a Grace fan. You sound more like one everyday!!

Bigbird you should just become a Grace fan. You sound more like one everyday!!

I am a Temple fan, of course, but any open minded, honest fan of baskeball cannot help but appreciate how Grace is playing right now. I never saw a Grace game before the 2006 season and as far as I can tell the Golden Eagles are playing as well or better then that team.

welcome to the danger zone! gonna take u riiiighht innttoo the dannngerr zoooonnnnee!!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> bring it manassass

I despise that song you just posted lyrics to.....I am going to put on some decent music to rid myself of the horrid memory of that song /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Coming from an unbiased fan in the stands, with all due respect bigbird, saying that Grace Baptist was the best team on the court in Class A today is a far stretch. Keep in mind who they were playing. Grace Christian, while a good team in its own right, a Manassas or a Humboldt they aren't! Now having said that i do believe they have the "team" concept and they have a legitimate shot at winning this game. Grace's big man runs the floor really well and hustles from whistle to whistle. I did notice that he trys to block alot of shots in the paint and that could hurt him against a big, fast, athletic team like Manassas. He has a nice turn around jumper but if Buckner is on him it will get swatted in the 5th row. Grace's guards will be the difference in this game if Grace is to win. They seem very poised and they not only handle the ball well they shoot it extremely good. If Buckner doesn't hustle up and down the floor then this will most definitely work in Grace's favor because their big man will and he can affect alot of shots in the paint. I dont think he can defend Buckner one on one but thats where the team comes in and Grace does a good job helping off. Should be a good game and if its close i like Grace Baptist because they are the better free throw shooting team, but in order for it to be close they are going to have to handle Manassas pressure. Good luck to bothe teams /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />