Congrats to Brainerd

sum1uno

I'm from Middle Tennessee and was watching some games today and just happened to catch the Brainerd / David Lipscomb game. I will have to say that this was a very good game and I was impressed by the coaching of both teams. You both are great coaches from what I saw and are very well respected by your players and it showed on the court. Congrats to both...

I'm from Middle Tennessee and was watching some games today and just happened to catch the Brainerd / David Lipscomb game. I will have to say that this was a very good game and I was impressed by the coaching of both teams. You both are great coaches from what I saw and are very well respected by your players and it showed on the court. Congrats to both...

I agree...but, I think that both of these teams probably did not play their best game.....but both teams seemed to have a lot of class! Well coached teams, both teams seemed to have a true "team" game.....which is comforting after watching some of these teams and their self centered attitudes! I thought the Lipscomb team especially showed a lot of heart and class...they fought to the end! I hope Brainerd is victorious tomorrow because I like their team play and attitude.....Good Luck!

Let me respond to the shorts thing. I am the coach at Red Bank and about two months ago, my father passed away suddenly. I came back after burying him on January 31, 2009 and dressed up for a game against McCallie in a tie and one of his shirts. then it hit me that in today's society of information and instant gratification, it is becoming increaslingly difficult to teach and do the right thing due to criticism and overly active fans. So, that Thursday versus Ooltewah, I made a decision NOT to wear a black band, or get a tatoo (as some kids do now a days to honor a deceased family member), however, i wore shorts. My father wore a suit for all of his 42 years of service to the airline business and always wanted to wear shorts. So, in honor of my father, despite criticism from fans such as you, I chose to do the right thing and teach my kids that doing the right thing is difficult at times. I have received more support for this jester than criticism, however, my players responded with a second year in a row run at the AAA state tournament. We have been fortunate to be here this year and as a program wish fans as yourself research your information a bit more before criticising others about things you have little insight on. SHould you want to discuss this with me call me at the school. Extension 2140 would love to get your input on the state of high school sports and sights such as these.

Respectfully

John Cherne III, EdS

Red Bank HS

Head Coach

Let me respond to the shorts thing. I am the coach at Red Bank and about two months ago, my father passed away suddenly. I came back after burying him on January 31, 2009 and dressed up for a game against McCallie in a tie and one of his shirts. then it hit me that in today's society of information and instant gratification, it is becoming increaslingly difficult to teach and do the right thing due to criticism and overly active fans. So, that Thursday versus Ooltewah, I made a decision NOT to wear a black band, or get a tatoo (as some kids do now a days to honor a deceased family member), however, i wore shorts. My father wore a suit for all of his 42 years of service to the airline business and always wanted to wear shorts. So, in honor of my father, despite criticism from fans such as you, I chose to do the right thing and teach my kids that doing the right thing is difficult at times. I have received more support for this jester than criticism, however, my players responded with a second year in a row run at the AAA state tournament. We have been fortunate to be here this year and as a program wish fans as yourself research your information a bit more before criticising others about things you have little insight on. SHould you want to discuss this with me call me at the school. Extension 2140 would love to get your input on the state of high school sports and sights such as these.

Respectfully

John Cherne III, EdS

Red Bank HS

Head Coach

Coach,

That is awesome. I too was wondering about the shorts but as you said I should research a bit before running my jaw about it. I apoligize to you for things that I too had said about it. I was wrong and you are right. You were doing the right thing. Congrats on getting to the state. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

will you guys be playing Howard next year. I would love to see Moose whip up on you again /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Respectfully

John Cherne III, EdS

Red Bank HS

Head Coach

will you guys be playing Howard next year. I would love to see Moose whip up on you again /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's my understanding that Red Bank & Howard will be in the same district along with Brainerd, Tyner, Hixson, East Hamilton, Central, and East Ridge. If that's true, it will be a competitive district and fun to watch.

Respectfully

John Cherne III, EdS

Red Bank HS

Head Coach

I am sorry to hear the loss of your father....Way to go by honoring him! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well i apoligize greatly for your loss. but i really had no clue why your coaching staff was wear shorts but now i know. i never said its was foolish or idiotic. i jus said ive never seen that before which was true. it did look pretty good tho, i liked the white shirts. i wasnt criticizing you jus throwning that out there about the shorts, wasnt trying to make a big deal jus some small talk.