How did Joe Jackon not win Mr.Basketball

hbt

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like joe "the show" was robbed of his deserving title.

I was wondering the same thing!!! Joe "The Show" Jackson is the Best Player in the State RIGHT NOW!!!! and gets robbed of Mr. Basketball? I guess they are saying that you don't have to be the Best to get the title of Mr. Basketball!!! Drew Kelley (AAA "Mr. Basketball") played in the Boro on Sat. (BSCT All Star game) and "Mr. Basketball" Drew Kelley had 5 pts. while Joe "The Show" Jackson had 35 pts. in a win and a GOLD BALL!!!! The Show has been doing this sort of thing the entire season its nothing new!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you are a voter, and you haven't seen these guys play, and you see these stats

"Kelly is a 6'7" senior, forward/center. He is a four-year starter for the Cougars who averages 31.7 points, 14.8 rebounds, 3.6 assists, and 1.8 steals per game. He shoots 71% from the field and 79% from the free-throw line. He has been named to the All-District and All-Region teams each year of his career and was named the District 11-AAA MVP as a junior and senior. He holds the school record for points in a game with 67 and has scored over 2,800 points in his career."

who would you vote for?

But Jackson can definitely play.

One thing that Drew does have over Joe Jackson is the fact that Drew has a 67 point game under his belt. That right there is an AMAZING accomplishment on Drew's part. I still think Joe is the best in the state reguardless of who won the award. If he don't get it next year, they should get rid of the Mr. Basketball trophy!

If you are a voter, and you haven't seen these guys play, and you see these stats

who would you vote for?

I'd vote for Jackson because of 1 fact that you didn't mention Joe is ranked in the NATION! If you are good enough to be ranked in the NATION, you should be good enough to win Mr. Basketball in your own state!

One thing that Drew does have over Joe Jackson is the fact that Drew has a 67 point game under his belt. That right there is an AMAZING accomplishment on Drew's part. I still think Joe is the best in the state reguardless of who won the award. If he don't get it next year, they should get rid of the Mr. Basketball trophy!

I agree on getting rid of the trophy but for different reasons.

Joe will most likely get it next year.

I noticed during the girls state tournaments (that I attended) that they gave a speech before the award was given saying that it was based on the players character, work in the classroom, as well as their performance on the court etc... I noticed in the boys state tournaments (that I attended) that they did not say that over the PA... I wonder why............ /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

who would you vote for?

coacht, the stats are impressive, on the otherhand, the competition Joe Jackson play against is tougher. Joe have impressive stats against tough competition. Kelly is a really good player but Joe is nationally ranked. I think they made the decision based on the fact that Joe will win it next year.