TCA HUNTINGDON

Deltafarce2k7

I attended the Sarah Beth Whitehead tourny yesterday and today. I am a big fan of TCA I was suprised that both teams made the championship being the small schools of the tourny. I figured TCA had a good chance, but was suprised by huntingdon. As a big TCA fan, I give my props to Huntingdon and have alot of respect for the program they have and what their coach seems to be all about. He really has that program going and seems to do a great job with the his team. I know we all at TCA think the coach, the players, and the parents are a class act and always enjoy playing them. Huntingdon be proud of what you accomplished, be proud of the team you have become, and be very proud you have a good coach who has yall in the right direction. We see lots of schools who dont have that at all. Its nice to see others be as lucky as we are to have the coach we have. GOOD LUCK on a good season, and our prayers go out to the young lady who was injured.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the Sarah Beth Whitehead tourny yesterday and today. I am a big fan of TCA I was suprised that both teams made the championship being the small schools of the tourny. I figured TCA had a good chance, but was suprised by huntingdon. As a big TCA fan, I give my props to Huntingdon and have alot of respect for the program they have and what their coach seems to be all about. He really has that program going and seems to do a great job with the his team. I know we all at TCA think the coach, the players, and the parents are a class act and always enjoy playing them. Huntingdon be proud of what you accomplished, be proud of the team you have become, and be very proud you have a good coach who has yall in the right direction. We see lots of schools who dont have that at all. Its nice to see others be as lucky as we are to have the coach we have. GOOD LUCK on a good season, and our prayers go out to the young lady who was injured.

Why were you suprised by Huntingdon, they've had a good team the last couple of years.

How did Brentwood do in this tournament?

Who made the All Tourney team from TCA? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Please dont take this the wrong way, but my gosh if you have the pitching that both Huntingdon and TCA does why wouldn't you expect them to be in the championship game. If you put those pitchers on any other team in the tourney I would expect them to have good chance...............Yes, I am from Districe 13aa and I'm proud of how strong our district has become but I'm sure everyone would agree that a teams success is based largely on their pitching.

Didnt have a chance to get out this weekend and watch ball but I would expect both of these teams to have an excellent chance to get to the state tourney.

Why were you suprised by Huntingdon, they've had a good team the last couple of years.

How did Brentwood do in this tournament?

Who made the All Tourney team from TCA? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Brentwood was 2-1 in pool play. They beat Milan in tourney play and then lost to TCA. I will let the sportsplex post the all-tourney team. We had 20 great teams this year. This was up 6 from last year. There were many close games this year. These young ladies played very hard and in my book are winners every time they step on and off the field. Sarah Beth played hard when crossed those white lines but she also knew that it was a game. Faith, family, and friends were more important to her.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but my gosh if you have the pitching that both Huntingdon and TCA does why wouldn't you expect them to be in the championship game. If you put those pitchers on any other team in the tourney I would expect them to have good chance...............Yes, I am from Districe 13aa and I'm proud of how strong our district has become but I'm sure everyone would agree that a teams success is based largely on their pitching.

Didnt have a chance to get out this weekend and watch ball but I would expect both of these teams to have an excellent chance to get to the state tourney.

I agree Huntingdon & Trinity both have very good pitching as several teams at this tournament did. I believe there were 5 teams that went to the "Boro" last year that participated in this tournament Covington,Westview,Chester Co.,Huntingdon & Trinity. The difference seemed to be how crisp the defense was behind Trinity's pitching as well as the ability Trinity seemed to have to put runners on the bases even when playing the better teams.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Brentwood, FACS, and Briarcrest also made it to State last year, which would make it 8 teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I didnt mean in a disrespecting way that I was suprised to see Huntingdon there. I do know they have a had a very good team the last couple of years. I just had heard they didnt play well on Friday. So I didnt expect to see them come out and go through teams like they did. So if I sounded disrespectful I apologize. There were several excellent teams there this weekend and there was some very good ball played. Goodluck to the teams this year, and I hope to continue to see West TN success. Once again my apologies for sounded disrespectful.

Brentwood, FACS, and Briarcrest also made it to State last year, which would make it 8 teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry, My bad no disrespect intended to any of those teams. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Brentwood was 2-1 in pool play. They beat Milan in tourney play and then lost to TCA.

I figured Brentwood to do well in this Tournament of mainly smaller schools,thought they might be able to get past TCA since I had heard they lost 2 seniors to college ball that played a big part of their offense from previous seasons. TCA must have found a way to replace.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Most high school teams don't have the pitching to win a single elimination tourney. The games are so fast. Trinity is definitely fortunate to have two sisters that pitch. The other schools have their ace and then it's trouble in single elimination tournaments. That's a plus Trinity better appreicate this year as next year they will be in the same boat as others....except they will have one superb pitcher. It is still hard playing back to back games.......Huntingdon will go far. I saw their number 9 batter hit a homerun! I don't believe I have ever seen that in our score books. I know Covington and Ripley missed their ace pitchers.

Most high school teams don't have the pitching to win a single elimination tourney. The games are so fast. Trinity is definitely fortunate to have two sisters that pitch. The other schools have their ace and then it's trouble in single elimination tournaments. That's a plus Trinity better appreicate this year as next year they will be in the same boat as others....except they will have one superb pitcher. It is still hard playing back to back games.......Huntingdon will go far. I saw their number 9 batter hit a homerun! I don't believe I have ever seen that in our score books. I know Covington and Ripley missed their ace pitchers.

You are mistaken, Anna Renfro the 3RD sister has pitched in 3 Varsity games this year against Obion Co. Riverside & Chester Co. giving up only 1 run total in 3 outing's (unearned)

Did not watch Ripley play but the girl from Covington who pitched against Trinity was very,very good!

You are mistaken, Anna Renfro the 3RD sister has pitched in 3 Varsity games this year against Obion Co. Riverside & Chester Co. giving up only 1 run total in 3 outing's (unearned)

Did not watch Ripley play but the girl from Covington who pitched against Trinity was very,very good!

It is my opinion that none of these girls are the caliber of pitchers that Ivy Ellen Brooke and toby and Tera were and are in their Junior and Senior Year.....therfore.....pitching will be weaker. It is a discredit to say that freshman girls can pick up where five major signed pitchers left off.........unless you are Ivy or Ellen at that age. If it happened everyday we wouldn't miss our All- Americans like riverdale. Two pitchers of that caliber are better than one and the odds of them going to same school is not great. They won;t want to share time. Sisters are different. COvington will have sisters next year. They will be young but still. It will help things a great deal. Travel teams have at least 3 big pitchers......to play in tournmantst otherwise it doesnt matter. One will do. You get rest. That's all I said. Not about the season. Not about the pitcher.....about single elimination tournaments with one ace pitcher is hard to win. Period....Brooke had to pitch all day. She was worn out. There wasnt another one of her to put in.....the others are not as experienced. THis was tourney talk not game for game. Game for game is a different ballgame. Its just strategy...not about young pitchers. Seniors are just stronger and smarter......that's simple. So ALL I SAID WAS IT WAS NICE TO HAVE TWO SENIOR JUNIOR PITCHERS SIGNED ......that wont change next year for these teams probably. Ivy and ELlen were not the norm.........which is what makes them so special.