MTSCA TOURNAMENT SILVER

lovemykids

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world is Mt. Juliet doing playing in the silver divison?

MJ lost 8 seniors from last season's team, 7 of which signed college scholarships. they are starting 5 freshmen and there are 10 freshmen on the team along with 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomores. only 1 pitcher returned from last year's team and she only pitched in about 6-8 games. can there be another team in the state that is this young? what they have done so far is a testament of coach pedigo's ability!

MJ lost 8 seniors from last season's team, 7 of which signed college scholarships. they are starting 5 freshmen and there are 10 freshmen on the team along with 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 3 sophomores. only 1 pitcher returned from last year's team and she only pitched in about 6-8 games. can there be another team in the state that is this young? what they have done so far is a testament of coach pedigo's ability!

I don't agree with Mt. Juliet playing in the silver division. I think their success proves that point. I am shocked Pedigo would play in that

division. I don't care how young they are.

I don't agree with Mt. Juliet playing in the silver division. I think their success proves that point. I am shocked Pedigo would play in that

division. I don't care how young they are.

amen brother /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While I agree MJ could have competed with Gold bracket there really wasn't alot of distinction between the two brackets. I understand their reasoning and I think they were shocked by their own level of play but the same argument could be made for Knox Central and Montgomery Central. It's almost like the whole A vs B argument and since there's no governing body to set actual guidlines on who goes where it's a mute point.

While I agree MJ could have competed with Gold bracket there really wasn't alot of distinction between the two brackets. I understand their reasoning and I think they were shocked by their own level of play but the same argument could be made for Knox Central and Montgomery Central. It's almost like the whole A vs B argument and since there's no governing body to set actual guidlines on who goes where it's a mute point.

In the past we have had teams that may have been on the border line as to if they were Gold or Silver, but we have always let the coaches make the final call on where their team plays. When teams starting sending in their entry forms, there was a lot of discussion about Mt Juliet and a couple other AAA schools wanting to play down. We as the MTSCA felt very strong about wanting these teams to move up, but because no guide lines were in force, we felt opligated to follow the coaches of the teams request. We have decided because of all of the strong feelings in the organization, that from now on the governing body of the MTSCA and the tournament committee will have the option of moving someone up or down to either keep too strong of teams from playing down or to even out the brackets . As far as Montgomery Central goes, they were where they should have been, they just played an exceptional tournament. They placed 3rd in their pool and came back to win it all. This is exactlly what this division of the tournament is all about. Last year, Clarksville Northeast did the same thing and won the silver division, this year they decided to play Gold and had a good tournament but found it to be a little tougher road, even with as good of a team as they have. It is a hard call but sometimes when you have been really good for a long time and you are down a little, you may still be pretty good.