The crowd was terrible this year (Is it just me?)

nebuntyn

The first problem is this.......teams that lose three times during tournament season should not be allowed to win state tournament.

Substate at one central location e.g. Middle Tn Belmont University East Tn where ever West Tn Oman arena. Maybe I expect to much being from Indiana and watching high school basketball there. It seems to me TSSAA has the attitude that everybody is a winner, I hate that philosophy everbody can't win. Time to change board of directors, something has to change. The atmosphere was like a normal Friday game. What do you think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first problem is this.......teams that lose three times during tournament season should not be allowed to win state tournament.

Substate at one central location e.g. Middle Tn Belmont University East Tn where ever West Tn Oman arena. Maybe I expect to much being from Indiana and watching high school basketball there. It seems to me TSSAA has the attitude that everybody is a winner, I hate that philosophy everbody can't win. Time to change board of directors, something has to change. The atmosphere was like a normal Friday game. What do you think?

This was our first time goin to State and I must admit I was shocked! I thought it would have been more supporters there too. I think EVERYBODY from Cleveland (Walker Valley) was there...lol but you're right, it was like just another Friday night game, just in a bigger gym.

Well this year you had alot of Memphis teams playing & they always bring a limited crowd just because of the size of Memphis.

that's no excuse cause Cleveland is so small you have to slow down drivin through here or you'll miss it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They could have repped their kids better than that.

Humbodlt and 5 teams from Memphis, and 4 of the Memphis teams played in the finals. Humboldt and Memphis are the furthest places among all this year's participants. That should be pretty easy to figure out.

When Bartlett used to play in the state tournament, they brought a crowd. Science Hill and Dobyns Bennet and the schools from the Tri-Cities area always bring crowds. Don't blame the distance.