Is this true?

Shelia

My only issue with Farragut was their refusal to accept the 2nd place trophy. An insult to the tournament (McCallie put on a great tournament, thanks coach) and a slap at the Eagles (intended or not). That teaches the kids a whole lot doesn't it !

Please tell me this is not true. I would be shocked if it were true.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue with Farragut was their refusal to accept the 2nd place trophy. An insult to the tournament (McCallie put on a great tournament, thanks coach) and a slap at the Eagles (intended or not). That teaches the kids a whole lot doesn't it !

Please tell me this is not true. I would be shocked if it were true.

This is true! I don't know the reasoning behind it but the trophy was sitting on the ground still in the box as everyone left the stadium.

The Honky Tonk Man noticed at one of last years state playoff games PF was doing his impersonation of a gunslinger. Pointing finger , shooting then blowing the smoke off. I guess if you are throwing smoke it's ok, no class but ok. So no suprise, it was below their standards.

Haw Haw it aint easy being #1 but the Honky Tonk Man never forgets the little people.

The Honky Tonk Man noticed at one of last years state playoff games PF was doing his impersonation of a gunslinger. Pointing finger , shooting then blowing the smoke off. I guess if you are throwing smoke it's ok, no class but ok. So no suprise, it was below their standards.

Haw Haw it aint easy being #1 but the Honky Tonk Man never forgets the little people.

Maybe teams shouldn't taunt at him and chant when he is on the mound. And if the trophy wasn't presented and was still in a box it would be easy to pass up in the haste and frustration of a loss. Coach Pharr has more class than anyone in the state. Friend or foe of Farragut you can't disagree with that. Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. I wouldn't take much for it. That's all

Maybe teams shouldn't taunt at him and chant when he is on the mound. And if the trophy wasn't presented and was still in a box it would be easy to pass up in the haste and frustration of a loss. Coach Pharr has more class than anyone in the state. Friend or foe of Farragut you can't disagree with that. Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me. I wouldn't take much for it. That's all

Phiefer did his best gunslinger impression tonight... he had 18 K's against Willy Blount and gave up only 3 hits and 2 earned runs in 7 innings. beastanomics.

so they aren't number one?

hahah i can't believe we are even talkin a bout this.. o well they left the trophy.. he prolly has so many trophies he would have to build another shelf if he took that one home... not a big deal...

I agree this shouldn't even be an issue.....I find it to be a great motivational tool for his team, obviously he isn't satisfied with being number 2, and he shouldn't be.

I agree this shouldn't even be an issue.....I find it to be a great motivational tool for his team, obviously he isn't satisfied with being number 2, and he shouldn't be.

Amen..... never be staisfied in baseball... thats win you lose everything. learned that win i was 8 years old playin for Mike guinn with the Knoxville Stars.. hahaha