AAA, District 11 rankings and discussion

CalledStrike

(This is for IndyEagle09 also) Hitting for average: Franklin-3 players in top 10

Indy-0

Triples: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

Doubles: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

RBI's Franklin-2 players in top 15

Indy-0

Runs Scored Franklin-1 player in top 10

Indy-0

Stolen Bases Franklin-2 players in the top 5

Indy-0

ERA Franklin-2 pitchers in top 10

Indy-0

Strikeout leaders Franklin-1 pitcher in top 7

Indy-0

Scared to play originally scheduled game Franklin-0

Indy-1

County stats from Wmson AM 4-21-09 Stats don't lie! Does Indy have any players that are any good?

Franklin is not only a better hitting team than Indy they're better all the way around including the coaching.

District standings-Franklin in 1st place, Indy looking up.. I think you get the picture. No shot to win District and very little chance they will do anything in the tourny.

Coaches have to send stats like this into media outlets like this and indy coach moore has never paid that much attention to sending them in....but dang it must stink to have to resort to saying "our player hit more doubles than yours did" or any of the stats you listed.. they are meaningless stats...hence why our coach doesnt take the time to send them in. The stat that matters is in the win collumn where we split the series. hopefully we will play each other in the district tourney with both teams having their ace on the mound, then we will see who the real team is.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about individual stats? I know no one at Indy does. We care about our team goals, which is to win championships. Have you guys won anything this year? No, we beat the best team in the nation to win a tourney. BRowe is better than any pithcher on your staff, and Lee is better than any position player you have. Franklin won't be in first place that long as they will lose to Overton and get swept by Ravenwood and we come in and take 2nd place. It will be great. Talk to me next week when the Eagles are soaring and the Rebels are laying bloodied on the battlefield.

Dang you indy fans are so confident, and you aren't even backing it up....3rd place! Doesn't look like any of that is happening anytime soon, but keep believing that.

Holy moly, what a game. Overton beats Franklin 6-5 in the last inning.

Franklin jumped out to a 5-0 lead after 2 innings, I believe. Overton chipped back little by little. In the 4th, they cut it to 5-4 and would have tied it but for a mental lapse by a base runner.

5-5 going to the bottom of the 7th and Franklin walks in the winning run.

The game was certainly not without controversy on both sides. Strikes/outs were called well but the game control management by the umpires was spotty, at best, with an ejection on both sides.

Thrilling game, that's for sure.

Overton is 10-2 with Franklin and Indy both at 9-3.

Overton has 2 with Hillsboro, Indy has 2 with Brentwood, and Franklin has 2 with Ravenwood with all of those games on Monday and Tuesday.

I've asked but received no answer -- what is the tiebreaker in district play?

So, what you do is call time and go out and talk to your pitcher.

You don't:

-- yell at him to wake up

-- you don't demonstratively throw the ball back at him hard

-- you don't stomp around and motion to the dugout for him to be removed

-- when coach calls time and all to the mound, you don't toss the ball right into his chest as you huff and puff

He may be a great guy, otherwise...but you don't do that.

I think he had to set an example to the other pitchers. He has to be the leader of the pitching staff. He can not let the pitchers walk all over him, he has to demand respect. You never know, some kids may respond to what he did better than just giving him a little slap on the wrist. Earlier midtnbaseball10 said there is not feud between the two players so i think the catcher did what would work best for that particular pitcher.

Holy moly, what a game. Overton beats Franklin 6-5 in the last inning.

Franklin jumped out to a 5-0 lead after 2 innings, I believe. Overton chipped back little by little. In the 4th, they cut it to 5-4 and would have tied it but for a mental lapse by a base runner.

5-5 going to the bottom of the 7th and Franklin walks in the winning run.

The game was certainly not without controversy on both sides. Strikes/outs were called well but the game control management by the umpires was spotty, at best, with an ejection on both sides.

Thrilling game, that's for sure.

Overton is 10-2 with Franklin and Indy both at 9-3.

Overton has 2 with Hillsboro, Indy has 2 with Brentwood, and Franklin has 2 with Ravenwood with all of those games on Monday and Tuesday.

I've asked but received no answer -- what is the tiebreaker in district play?

Franklin led 5-0 in the bottom of the 4th with nobody on and 2 outs and then Overton scored 4 runs on no hits. Franklin would have led by more when they had 1st and 3rd and nobody out in the 3rd and got nothing out of it. Also had runner on third and 1 out in the 4th and got nothing out of it. But they can blame nobody but themselvesfor not executing and taking advantage of their opportunities. Franklin out hit Overton 10-3 and Overton's third hit came in the bottom of the sixth with Franklin up by one run and the batter hit a fly ball to center field and the centerfielder's feet slipped out from under him as he stopped to make the catch. Their first hit was also hit to center field, can of corn, but centerfielder lost it in the sun. Overton player intentionally steps on Franklin players leg in the bottom of the sixth after grounding out and got ejected. Franklin player responded with a few choice words and and got ejected too. The last 3 innings were played with half the infield lights cut off. It was an exciting game and the only thing that matters is the final score. Congradulations and I hope you represent district 11AAA well in the playoffs.

Coaches have to send stats like this into media outlets like this and indy coach moore has never paid that much attention to sending them in....but dang it must stink to have to resort to saying "our player hit more doubles than yours did" or any of the stats you listed.. they are meaningless stats...hence why our coach doesnt take the time to send them in. The stat that matters is in the win collumn where we split the series. hopefully we will play each other in the district tourney with both teams having their ace on the mound, then we will see who the real team is.

The stats still don't lie no matter what kind of lame excuses you throw out there. They are meaningless to you because ya'll don't have anybody in them. Your coach probably don't want to send them in because he is embarrased. Who was predicted to win the district? Who was predicted to finish near the bottom? Which team has underachieved and which team has overachieved? Franklin's uniforms even look better than Indy's! Franklin is better than Indy at every position, they hit for better ave. and have more power. I hope we meet in the tourney too but we don't have to have our ace, we can win with our #5. Why? Because stats don't lie, Franklin is just better.

Who cares about individual stats? I know no one at Indy does. We care about our team goals, which is to win championships. Have you guys won anything this year? No, we beat the best team in the nation to win a tourney. BRowe is better than any pithcher on your staff, and Lee is better than any position player you have. Franklin won't be in first place that long as they will lose to Overton and get swept by Ravenwood and we come in and take 2nd place. It will be great. Talk to me next week when the Eagles are soaring and the Rebels are laying bloodied on the battlefield.

All you care about is championships? Well, you must not care very much because ya'll have never won one. You have got to have talent to win championships thats why ya'll have never won one. This year is no exception, Lee would be maybe the 5th or 6th best player on Franklins team, only place he could start would be in the outfield. Wasn't Indy predicted to win the district? Underachieved again! Has never even been in 1st place once during the whole year but still comes on here and talks trash like they've done something. Accept the truth and bring more talent into your program and you might just win a championship one year. Just want be this year.

not to sound like I am busting anyones chops here, but i would check my info before posting. a player cannot sign their junior year to play a college sport, it is against NCAA rules. a player can orally commit as a junior, but can't sign until theyu are a senior. it is the same in every sport.

maybe more people would be willing to accept your opinions if you actually knew what you were talking about.

Thats what i ment, orally commited my bad.

Franklin led 5-0 in the bottom of the 4th with nobody on and 2 outs and then Overton scored 4 runs on no hits. Franklin would have led by more when they had 1st and 3rd and nobody out in the 3rd and got nothing out of it. Also had runner on third and 1 out in the 4th and got nothing out of it. But they can blame nobody but themselvesfor not executing and taking advantage of their opportunities. Franklin out hit Overton 10-3 and Overton's third hit came in the bottom of the sixth with Franklin up by one run and the batter hit a fly ball to center field and the centerfielder's feet slipped out from under him as he stopped to make the catch. Their first hit was also hit to center field, can of corn, but centerfielder lost it in the sun. Overton player intentionally steps on Franklin players leg in the bottom of the sixth after grounding out and got ejected. Franklin player responded with a few choice words and and got ejected too. The last 3 innings were played with half the infield lights cut off. It was an exciting game and the only thing that matters is the final score. Congradulations and I hope you represent district 11AAA well in the playoffs.

The lights that went out behind the plate were out for 3 outs for each team and came back on for the remainder due to a wreck on Blackman drive.

As far as the incident at 1st base -- that is purely the interpretation of the home plate umpire. I was standing at the fence about 15 feet away -- the 1st baseman's foot was on the home plate side of the base and the runner had no way to step on the base. His foot step on the base (beyond the 1b's foot) but his heel did step on his foot. I don't at all think it was intentional. The field umpire who was standing about 10 feet away didn't see it at all as intentional but the home plate umpire had already ejected him immediately upon it happening. The 1b then started into it and it was too far gone to undo at that point.

Burroboy411 you need to relax a little. There's more to life than Franklin Rebels baseball. I'm an alum and even I know that. Franklin had a good run. If Brent Alumbaugh is still coaching who knows, maybe they pull it off, but those young men fought hard to the end, which is to be commended considering how poor their leadership was from the dugout.

You can blame the district losses they suffered on the umpires, a game being moved to a different date than originally scheduled, or the lack of field lighting, but the reality of it is that they just didn't have enough to get the job done. Now they have to win the district tournament to make it out. It's possible, but not likely, and that's okay because there will still be a tomorrow. Remember, there is more to life than Franklin Rebels baseball.

Franklin had 7 hits and Overton had 5.Overton had 4 errors ,Franklin had zero.I agree,Franklin had lot oppotunities to score but did not take advantage,maybe Overton made good pitches when they had to .Franklin did not have 2 outs and nobody on in bottom of 4th,Connor Moore lead off the inning with solid single to right,and after a hit batter,Patterson hit the high fly to center,the centerfielder never saw it but it wasn't the sun,it was already dark and the lights were still at full power.Overton didn' make there 2nd out in the inning until it was already 5-4 when Mookie Betts(our 9th batter of the inning) flyed to right and runner on 3rd made a baserunning mistake or the game would have been tied at that point.and the fly ball that Franklins centerfielder feet slipped on,was about a 370' shot in the gap as both left and center fielder were there. that ball is a homerun in other other park in the state.There was a wreck in the area is the reason some of the lights went out but both coaches and umpires agreed the lighting was still fine.As for the incident at 1st base only the player knows if the contact was intentional,but the home plate umpire ejected the Overton player immediatly and the 1st base umpire ejected the Franklin player after he responded with some words.It was a great district 11-AAA game ,Overton will miss these games next year Franklin has a very good young team with alot of good arms, but the job Coach Morrison has done with these Bobcats has been remarkable.Hobefully we can get our starting centerfielder back and everybody else healthy and get ready for a good tournament run.

The stats still don't lie no matter what kind of lame excuses you throw out there. They are meaningless to you because ya'll don't have anybody in them. Your coach probably don't want to send them in because he is embarrased. Who was predicted to win the district? Who was predicted to finish near the bottom? Which team has underachieved and which team has overachieved? Franklin's uniforms even look better than Indy's! Franklin is better than Indy at every position, they hit for better ave. and have more power. I hope we meet in the tourney too but we don't have to have our ace, we can win with our #5. Why? Because stats don't lie, Franklin is just better.

Well i was giving u the benefit of the doubt by hoping ur ace would be on the mound if we play u again, that way u cant b!!!tch about it when u lose ... like every other franklin player, coach, or fan did when the game was rescheduled. And u really think ur better at every postition? Im not even going to take the time and argue with you ur ridiculous.