AAA, District 11 rankings and discussion

CalledStrike

(This is for IndyEagle09 also) Hitting for average: Franklin-3 players in top 10

Indy-0

Triples: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

Doubles: Franklin-1 player in top 5

Indy-0

RBI's Franklin-2 players in top 15

Indy-0

Runs Scored Franklin-1 player in top 10

Indy-0

Stolen Bases Franklin-2 players in the top 5

Indy-0

ERA Franklin-2 pitchers in top 10

Indy-0

Strikeout leaders Franklin-1 pitcher in top 7

Indy-0

Scared to play originally scheduled game Franklin-0

Indy-1

County stats from Wmson AM 4-21-09 Stats don't lie! Does Indy have any players that are any good?

Franklin is not only a better hitting team than Indy they're better all the way around including the coaching.

District standings-Franklin in 1st place, Indy looking up.. I think you get the picture. No shot to win District and very little chance they will do anything in the tourny.

Who cares about individual stats? I know no one at Indy does. We care about our team goals, which is to win championships. Have you guys won anything this year? No, we beat the best team in the nation to win a tourney. BRowe is better than any pithcher on your staff, and Lee is better than any position player you have. Franklin won't be in first place that long as they will lose to Overton and get swept by Ravenwood and we come in and take 2nd place. It will be great. Talk to me next week when the Eagles are soaring and the Rebels are laying bloodied on the battlefield.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about individual stats? I know no one at Indy does. We care about our team goals, which is to win championships. Have you guys won anything this year? No, we beat the best team in the nation to win a tourney. BRowe is better than any pithcher on your staff, and Lee is better than any position player you have. Franklin won't be in first place that long as they will lose to Overton and get swept by Ravenwood and we come in and take 2nd place. It will be great. Talk to me next week when the Eagles are soaring and the Rebels are laying bloodied on the battlefield.

You want to talk about team goals to win championships? That is exactly what Franklin has done the past five years, and Indy has not. After this season, it will undoubtedly be six years in a row that FHS has gone on to the postseason and Independence has not. Yes, you beat the "best team in the nation," who is actually turning out to be good, but not great, and I'm glad you did. It makes our district look better when a team that won't even advance out of it beats one of the better teams in the state. I thought we were going to go 0-6 in our last six games, and right now we're 2-1 so obviously you are wrong, yet again. And to put it in your words, the Rebels will be fighting on to the postseason, while the Eagles will fall out of the nest and die before they can even get started.

Good game between Overton and Franklin last night, with Franklin winning 11-7. Overton jumped out 6-2 against Faletta with another homer by Cole Patterson. Franklin started chipping back with a run per inning with Franklin having a big 6th inning.

Overton will have #1 Harton at 6-1 going tonight vs. Franklin's #1.

Question: What is up with Franklin's catcher. That was one of the most pitiful examples of bad sportsmanship / being a team mate that I've ever seen. His actions with Faletta in the 2nd were deplorable.

So, here we are:

Overton 9-2 (Franklin, Hillsboro 2x)

Franklin 9-2 (Overton, Ravenwood 2x)

Indy 8-3 (Centennial, Brentwood 2x)

Schedule favors Overton, of course, but nothing is a given at all. Tonight's winner should be looking pretty good.

What are the tiebreakers? Head to head is first, I assume, but would that apply if 3 teams are tied -- usually not.

Oh wow stats dont lie. Your so right, 4-3 doesnt lie. A win is a win.

Good players, well i guess Rowe i dont know. Signed a letter of intent to play with Lipscome in the beginning of the year, oh and this guy Josh Lee yea he is ok i guess, if you sign to play baseball with Vanderbilt your junior year. Come on really? That had to be the stupidest comment i have read yet.

Those stats sound really convincing and correct. Those stats are against everyones ace pitchers which all teams save for franklin. Indy only see other teams third, fourth or lower pitchers and still dont have the stats to match 5 or 6 franklin players. Don't forget this is a rebuilding year for franklin (7 fresh & sopm) in starting 11 or 12 players. 4 to 3 ain't as good as 9 to 2, that makes franklin 13 to 6 with indy, which makes franklin twice as good as indy. Numbers don't lie.

Good game between Overton and Franklin last night, with Franklin winning 11-7. Overton jumped out 6-2 against Faletta with another homer by Cole Patterson. Franklin started chipping back with a run per inning with Franklin having a big 6th inning.

Overton will have #1 Harton at 6-1 going tonight vs. Franklin's #1.

Question: What is up with Franklin's catcher. That was one of the most pitiful examples of bad sportsmanship / being a team mate that I've ever seen. His actions with Faletta in the 2nd were deplorable.

So, here we are:

Overton 9-2 (Franklin, Hillsboro 2x)

Franklin 9-2 (Overton, Ravenwood 2x)

Indy 8-3 (Centennial, Brentwood 2x)

Schedule favors Overton, of course, but nothing is a given at all. Tonight's winner should be looking pretty good.

What are the tiebreakers? Head to head is first, I assume, but would that apply if 3 teams are tied -- usually not.

I totally agree with the first thing that the catcher for Franklin said, the pitcher was struggling and he needed to wake up. I don't know if he should have said the second thing, but the pitcher is a big boy, he can handle it. There's definitely no feud between the players, and I don't think its that big of a deal. Also, in his defense he was crossed up multiple times.

Well we are too the homestretch. My Eagles had an early season slump but are on the rise again.

The district title will go to Overton. No way, Franklin even beats them once this week.

2nd place will go to my Eagles we will go 4-0 this week in the district. No one is going to beat us the rest of the season in the district.

Franklin got lucky last time we played and Tuesday they will learn that. For some reason those guys think they have done something. All they have done in their high school careers have sat on the bench and watch last year's group win big games. That whole program is in shambles, there coaches will be gone after this year. Franklin loses the next 6 in a row.

3rd Place will go to Ravenwood after they sweep Franklin next week.

I don't care about the rest. Rowe, Carden, Lee, and the rest of the Eagles are focused in on the task at hand.

wow there goes those predictions. Franklin is obviously not in shambles as they hold first place in the district right now with a win over overton right now, and if they win tonight they pretty much lock up the district. Looks like they have actually done something....

I totally agree with the first thing that the catcher for Franklin said, the pitcher was struggling and he needed to wake up. I don't know if he should have said the second thing, but the pitcher is a big boy, he can handle it. There's definitely no feud between the players, and I don't think its that big of a deal. Also, in his defense he was crossed up multiple times.

So, what you do is call time and go out and talk to your pitcher.

You don't:

-- yell at him to wake up

-- you don't demonstratively throw the ball back at him hard

-- you don't stomp around and motion to the dugout for him to be removed

-- when coach calls time and all to the mound, you don't toss the ball right into his chest as you huff and puff

He may be a great guy, otherwise...but you don't do that.

So, what you do is call time and go out and talk to your pitcher.

You don't:

-- yell at him to wake up

-- you don't demonstratively throw the ball back at him hard

-- you don't stomp around and motion to the dugout for him to be removed

-- when coach calls time and all to the mound, you don't toss the ball right into his chest as you huff and puff

He may be a great guy, otherwise...but you don't do that.

I agree he should have gone to the mound and said whatever he had to say, but the game was getting out of hand quickly at that point and his frustrations got the better of him. Like I said earlier, he was crossed up three pitches in a row, which would make any catcher upset.