is the 08-09 team the best at clarkrange

chsyaifan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although the '04 Championship team is my personal favorite I would have to say that given this years team's record and how dominant they were that they are the best team CR has ever produced. Coach Rogers said as much in the newspaper. There has only been one other high school team in Tennessee history that has gone 39-0 and that was back in 1966 so the argument for them being the best CR team and possibly the best Class A team in history, is a strong one. They certainly have the best record all time. I don't even think they played 5 on 5 ball back in '66.

Tennessee high school girls basketball went from half-court 6-6 game to 5-5 beginning with the 1979-80 season. That makes the fact that Pickett County won four straight championships from 1977 to 1980 even more impressive. They won regardless of the style of play.

Although the '04 Championship team is my personal favorite I would have to say that given this years team's record and how dominant they were that they are the best team CR has ever produced. Coach Rogers said as much in the newspaper. There has only been one other high school team in Tennessee history that has gone 39-0 and that was back in 1966 so the argument for them being the best CR team and possibly the best Class A team in history, is a strong one. They certainly have the best record all time. I don't even think they played 5 on 5 ball back in '66.

Bradford team of 2000 was 36-0 with Miss Basketball 2000, Jessica Henson, Miss Basketball 2001 - Jenny Lannom, and Miss Basketball 2003 Meridith Richardson all on the same team. I would have to throw them in as one of the best in history. I know this is a CR thread and even the mention of someone from 14A has to send shutters to everyone involved, but when you mention only two 39-0 teams in history, think you need to mention 36-0 also.

Folks, the 1983-84-85 teams won THREE straight state championships. Shawn Monday was a great player and she had plenty of help.

That's true but that team was not nearly as dominant as this years. The 3-peat team won each of their championship games by only two points so they did not overwhelm teams like the team of this year. It's all good fun to talk about but we will never know.

Bradford team of 2000 was 36-0 with Miss Basketball 2000, Jessica Henson, Miss Basketball 2001 - Jenny Lannom, and Miss Basketball 2003 Meridith Richardson all on the same team. I would have to throw them in as one of the best in history. I know this is a CR thread and even the mention of someone from 14A has to send shutters to everyone involved, but when you mention only two 39-0 teams in history, think you need to mention 36-0 also.

I think this thread is asking if this years team was the best team CR has produced, not saying it was the best TEAM any school has produced? Maybe I am wrong?

My bad - I guess I was the only one that saw what transpired - the only thing I missed, was seeing the coach shake hands with the other coach - which someone else earlier defended -- I did see the coach fiddling around at the end of the bench and the long scorers table by himself, then saw him bring his, and I am guessing a grandchild, or future transfer - to accept his trophy - a lot of stuff that should have happened. u kind of take for granted - but I am 100% sure that CR did not shake hands/good game with Hamilton - after the game. I ususally never notice this kind of stuff - it just jumped out at me - again I must have been the only person who saw it. This CR team not best team ever at CR.

You are a Grade A Moron!! Get over yourself and quit tryin to find something to complain about. I'm assuming you got your socks beat off by the Lady Buffaloes at some time. Maybe you should experience the excitement of a state championship before you post something like this. Im guessing that has never happened for you though.....Anyway, off the soap box.... As for as them being the best CLARKRANGE team ever, I don't know, but I have talked to several people who have been watching them for years and they thought so. Who knows? As someone already said, only Coach Rogers can best answer that question.

You are a Grade A Moron!! Get over yourself and quit tryin to find something to complain about. I'm assuming you got your socks beat off by the Lady Buffaloes at some time. Maybe you should experience the excitement of a state championship before you post something like this. Im guessing that has never happened for you though.....Anyway, off the soap box.... As for as them being the best CLARKRANGE team ever, I don't know, but I have talked to several people who have been watching them for years and they thought so. Who knows? As someone already said, only Coach Rogers can best answer that question.

If they go undefeated again next year, and win state, shake hands after game = greatest team

If they go undefeated again next year, and win state, shake hands after game = greatest team

Your an idiot, so now you are not allowed to cheer and show emotion after winning the state tournament. You must quietly go over and shake the other teams hand, but then we would have been rubbing it in. Baseball must really be jerks, because they always pile on after a big win. You are a whinning crybaby!!! But if that's all you can find to disrespect CR after winning the state, that's also a good thing.

P.S. Nice touch of class insulting a 1 year old, you must feel really proud about that statement!

My bad - I guess I was the only one that saw what transpired - the only thing I missed, was seeing the coach shake hands with the other coach - which someone else earlier defended -- I did see the coach fiddling around at the end of the bench and the long scorers table by himself, then saw him bring his, and I am guessing a grandchild, or future transfer - to accept his trophy - a lot of stuff that should have happened. u kind of take for granted - but I am 100% sure that CR did not shake hands/good game with Hamilton - after the game. I ususally never notice this kind of stuff - it just jumped out at me - again I must have been the only person who saw it. This CR team not best team ever at CR.

Your an idiot, so now you are not allowed to cheer and show emotion after winning the state tournament. You must quietly go over and shake the other teams hand, but then we would have been rubbing it in. Baseball must really be jerks, because they always pile on after a big win. You are a whinning crybaby!!! But if that's all you can find to disrespect CR after winning the state, that's also a good thing.

P.S. Nice touch of class insulting a 1 year old, you must feel really proud about that statement!

I have been called a grade a moron and an idiot - now that is REAL class.

I have been called a grade a moron and an idiot - now that is REAL class.

That's exactly what I am talking about, you talk about how classless our girls are, poke fun at a 1 year old, and then expext to be treated with class!? The only reson you got called those names is because if I said worse I would be suspended from Coacht. This topic had nothing to do with you or your school, so why did you even stick your nose in?

That's exactly what I am talking about, you talk about how classless our girls are, poke fun at a 1 year old, and then expext to be treated with class!? The only reson you got called those names is because if I said worse I would be suspended from Coacht. This topic had nothing to do with you or your school, so why did you even stick your nose in?

I said they didn't shake hands - u said classless.

I said they didn't shake hands - u said classless.

You had a negative comment that had nothing to do with the thread. If you wanted to make that comment, then you should have started another thread. You can't make this anything but what it is. Pure jealousy and an opportunity to lash out at this team. Watch any championship game and you will see most of them celebrating instantly. The pure joy of completing a goal that only few teams get to accomplish each year.

Back to the thread, I have only been watching since around 2003. I have seen two championship teams, this years was better than 2004's. Not taking anything away from that team, they had several of the same qualities. I have heard people close to the program say that this was the best TEAM, but they have had teams with better players.