WIN WITH CLASS

VOLMAV77

The real issue is why is the coach with the big lead not getting subs some experience and why is he risking an injury in a runaway game. They often get sloppy and I've often seen a regular go down when left in a runaway game.

i really think that they don't travel many players on road games especially on district games.. i have been to some CAK games and even played against them last season twice and i only saw i think 3 or 4 players on the bench for them..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

underdog32... nice post but, learn some grammar son. Its hard to take you seriously when you say "win" instead of "when." As for the game, loudon has had some real jerks on their teams the last few years and not a whole lot of teams like them. So, I'd say they were getting a little of what they had coming. As for CAK running up the score, so what? Keenan has already signed and Fromke's already getting attention, who cares about stats. O and please keep coach Pharr and Buckner out of this. Seriously... do you guys live on here just to build yourselves up? Bearden and Farragut congrats on great programs but their not the only teams in Knoxville.

Let me tell you a few things "son". First of all, I challenge you and anyone else to find any posts related to Loudon that their was any crying about the score. But, honestly, playing starters up by 18-2 when their are freshmen pitchers in the game and you have at least four other subs on the bench and JV players in the stands is poor sportmanship in anyone's book. You could also throw in tagging up on a fly ball around that same score along with some aggressive base running. Coach Thompson and Loudon have had many chances in the past to do the same thing but have played BASE TO BASE and put subs in by the second or third inning. Yes, Loudon may end up having a bad year this year and should have played better defense (8 errors, 15 unearned runs). Nobody to blame but themselves for that. In looking at your posts you seem to be a Catholic player or fan (could be wrong). Calling some Loudon players jerks and Anderson Co. pitchers "faggles" is wrong. Seems like anybody that has beaten Catholic consistently in your opinion has something wrong with them. I would also challenge you to find any team that consistently thinks that of Loudon or Anderson Co. since Coach Downs has been there. Loudon does get fired up at times and is not perfect, but going as far as calling them jerks is a stretch. You might be upset that Catholic has only won one District Championship in this District (4AA) and not many (correct me if I am wrong) if at all in the history of their program. Try this on for size: Loudon has advanced to the Regionals 18 TIMES in 34 years and won their district 11 of those times! Another funny thing: Loudon lost to Anderson Co. 23-5 in 2001. Guess who won the District that year. Loudon.

What goes around comes around and baseball has a funny way of teaching lessons to people who don't pull starters. Everyone should play hard the whole game. Obviously you don't bunt or something like that with a big lead and you should pull some starters to give them rest, get other kids some time on the field and protect your starters from injury in a game that may be getting sloppy.