Coffee Co. wins BIG

chs4life

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This early in the season, especially if they're like everybody else with rainouts, your regular starters/main backups need the innings and at-bats. Unless it's a team that barely even has a program (like Howard in Chattanooga) I'd have no problem with playing all the main players in this one.

Like I said, I wasn't there and I am not really familiar with either team. I just hate it for the other team, unless you have been in that situation, you don't know how it feels. I understand with all of the rainouts that varsity needs as much play time as possible. I also understand that sometimes these lop-sided scores cannot be helped. I just don't like to see any team be humiliated, but it is not CCHS fault that this team does not have as solid of a program. I am not criticizing, just wondering how it was played.

JV sat and watched. I don't think he waws trying to run up the score. He just never puts JV in a varsity game, unless of an injury like last night.[/b]

Did someone get injured at the game or am I misunderstanding this quote? I hate to hear of injuries. Recently I have heard of a girl getting hit in the face, and a pitcher that got her hand broken by a line drive. I can't remember the teams, but does anyone know how these girls are doing?

Being on both sides of this situation at one time or another, I think I'd like to chime in. First of all, in 2 1/2 innings, the coach didn't have time to turn around twice, much less put in any JV. The varsity needs work for at least 4 or 5 innings. Since there was a JV game before the varsity game, the JV had their chance to play. On the other hand, if CC didn't do anything distasteful to intentionally run up the score, as the losing team I would have to use it as a learning experience. Everyone in the district at one time or another has gotten "dusted" by CC and the good programs find a way to get better and bounce back. It may not be this year or next but getting embarrassed should light a fire under the coach and the players to keep this from happening again. I hate to play and coach games like this no matter what side of the score you end up on but sometimes everything falls into place and someone gets beaten bad. Even to pro baseball teams win or lose by big scores from time to time. Sorry for the team that lost, but I'm sure the CC coach will have his work cut out for him too in keeping his players' heads on straight after a win like that. That sword cuts both ways.

Being on both sides of this situation at one time or another, I think I'd like to chime in. First of all, in 2 1/2 innings, the coach didn't have time to turn around twice, much less put in any JV. The varsity needs work for at least 4 or 5 innings. Since there was a JV game before the varsity game, the JV had their chance to play. On the other hand, if CC didn't do anything distasteful to intentionally run up the score, as the losing team I would have to use it as a learning experience. Everyone in the district at one time or another has gotten "dusted" by CC and the good programs find a way to get better and bounce back. It may not be this year or next but getting embarrassed should light a fire under the coach and the players to keep this from happening again. I hate to play and coach games like this no matter what side of the score you end up on but sometimes everything falls into place and someone gets beaten bad. Even to pro baseball teams win or lose by big scores from time to time. Sorry for the team that lost, but I'm sure the CC coach will have his work cut out for him too in keeping his players' heads on straight after a win like that. That sword cuts both ways.

Good posts about this and I don't speak for Terry but even though the score didn't show it he was not sending runners on past balls or taking 2 bases on a hit to run up the score. There were several errors on the FC side that are probably due to kids not having as much "saddle time" playing in the off season. That's just what it looked like to me.

In travel ball we have played teams that blew us out only to beat them later in a tournament. FC has a lot of ball left to play this year and I think they will be fine. They have some very talented players.

You are also correct about the JV team playing before. Terry does a good job of getting the JV girls playing time that they would not get at a lot of other schools. I have been told that several top teams don't keep as many kids or have a JV because it takes away from time their starters could be working, or working on homework instead of watching a JV game. I think it is a credit to the program that they take time to do this and I am glad they do.

As far as a limited number of at bats this season due to weather...correct again. Before this game our leadoff batter only had 18 at bats this season....and by the way...our JV lead off had 16.

Injuries....we had a couple of girls get "hit by pitch" the last ouple of games. Nothing intentional I don't think and I don't think it was anything major.

It's to bad for both teams in games like this. The winner gets nothing from it. No push to compete thru a complete game,maybe a little false sense of security that I'm sure that the coach tries hard to dispell. The losers get's their brains beat out on the field & just maybe some of the players on the losing team will want to work harder to get better to be more like the team that just beat their brains out.

It always cracks me up though when some parent is so pround of their little Sally's team for just beating the snot out of some inferior team. Every district has teams that just don't have the athelete's on the softball team to compete at all with any other team in the district. When my my daughters team plays those teams I have trouble even going to watch because it's just hard to get excited about winning a game like that, there is just nothing to get excited about.

It just doesn't compare to winning games against competitive team's & is surely not deserving of bragging about on a public forum for one reason it is not a bragable game. Beat a team like Soddy or GPS or Beech or Trinity or Goodpasture or Hendersonville in a 1,2,3 run game then you've got something to brag about.

Think about it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's to bad for both teams in games like this. The winner gets nothing from it. No push to compete thru a complete game,maybe a little false sense of security that I'm sure that the coach tries hard to dispell. The losers get's their brains beat out on the field & just maybe some of the players on the losing team will want to work harder to get better to be more like the team that just beat their brains out.

It always cracks me up though when some parent is so pround of their little Sally's team for just beating the snot out of some inferior team. Every district has teams that just don't have the athelete's on the softball team to compete at all with any other team in the district. When my my daughters team plays those teams I have trouble even going to watch because it's just hard to get excited about winning a game like that, there is just nothing to get excited about.

It just doesn't compare to winning games against competitive team's & is surely not deserving of bragging about on a public forum for one reason it is not a bragable game. Beat a team like Soddy or GPS or Beech or Trinity or Goodpasture or Hendersonville in a 1,2,3 run game then you've got something to brag about.

Think about it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree, It was no big deal when "The Radio Guy" got on here and bragged on his team for beating Blackman. Big game, region rival, I understand. A little tacky to brag about beating a team that has finished bottom of the district the last couple of years. I did't see Ootahwah getting on here and bragging every week last year when they beat up on teams. What comes around goes around.

I agree, It was no big deal when "The Radio Guy" got on here and bragged on his team for beating Blackman. Big game, region rival, I understand. A little tacky to brag about beating a team that has finished bottom of the district the last couple of years. I did't see Ootahwah getting on here and bragging every week last year when they beat up on teams. What comes around goes around.

I gotta call you on the tacky part here Joe...no one is prouder of these girls than Lucky is. Lucky is simply reporting information. Like Dizzy Dean said...it's not bragging if you done it...it's fact. There is nothing to keep you from doing the same with your teams.

As for the other post talking about some teams having better "athletes" that is laughable. That is almost like you are saying that the genetics in Coffee County are better suited to softball than some of the other teams. It is not "athletes" but the work that has been put into those athletes by themselves, their parents, and the coaches.

I figure you guys are wanting to stir stuff so I will let this drop but our girls think so much of Lucky and the work he does on the radio that I couldn't let that pass. I don't know how we will stack up on down the road but I know these young ladies have worked hard...and that deserves respect. They have some physical ability...but they are putting it to use by working on their skills during the off season and when TSSAA allows them to work. Apparently others think so as well because it looks like several of our seniors have earned the opportunity to play after high school.

I don't know how good these ladies will do by the end of the season...but I do know it will be a direct relation to how much work they have put in. I think they deserve a little respect for that. I think anyone except someone that expects things to be given to them would agree.

When and IF you ever beat Ooltewah or Soddy Daisy, then you can thump your chest about how good you are.

I have a good feeling that it is going to happen this year. I have been watching CC a few years and this could be one of the best teams they have had. I dont see anybody coming close this year, all they will do is get better. I am not saying they will go un-defeated, i am just saying that nobody in our district will come close.

I gotta call you on the tacky part here Joe...no one is prouder of these girls than Lucky is. Lucky is simply reporting information. Like Dizzy Dean said...it's not bragging if you done it...it's fact. There is nothing to keep you from doing the same with your teams.

As for the other post talking about some teams having better "athletes" that is laughable. That is almost like you are saying that the genetics in Coffee County are better suited to softball than some of the other teams. It is not "athletes" but the work that has been put into those athletes by themselves, their parents, and the coaches.

I figure you guys are wanting to stir stuff so I will let this drop but our girls think so much of Lucky and the work he does on the radio that I couldn't let that pass. I don't know how we will stack up on down the road but I know these young ladies have worked hard...and that deserves respect. They have some physical ability...but they are putting it to use by working on their skills during the off season and when TSSAA allows them to work. Apparently others think so as well because it looks like several of our seniors have earned the opportunity to play after high school.

I don't know how good these ladies will do by the end of the season...but I do know it will be a direct relation to how much work they have put in. I think they deserve a little respect for that. I think anyone except someone that expects things to be given to them would agree.

Coach JV, I wasn't saying anything bad about about the Coffee co. program. Seems like most just think that for some one to create a thread on this forum Bragging about beating a team 19-0 is tacky. You can pull up any catchy quote you like but bragging is bragging. I think every team has a right to brag about a big win but this was not a big win. Yes it may have been a district game but was by no means in any way a game that there could have been ? about.

Like I said in my previous post a "BIG" win is beating a team that is a competitive team one that might challenge you in the district or maybe an out of district power house,this game was neither. This game was a 2 1/2 inning slaughter that was described on Coach T as a & I quote "Coffee Co. wins Big" . Every win is good thats why teams play & as mrnoitall says we have winners & losers & every wants to win But my guess is that when coach Floyd's team finished that game he didn't walk of the feild thinking -my goodness that was a big win or did he think that anyone would post it on coach T as such. Maybe I'm wrong. I also don't think that the person who posted it meant it as it comes across when read.

As for my comments on atheletes, your right that is laughable & not what I was saying but the best atheletes in school don't always play my favorite sport.(softball) I see kids at our school & other schools that make me say-if I'd only had that kid playing softball for the 5 years what kind of player they would be. You are right Softball is a sport that takes alot of hard work to be really good at & Coffee Co. kids should bragged on for their hard work & success that they will acheive from it as well as at many other schools across this state. Good Luck to Coffee Co.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />