Oakland @ Lincoln County

jabbo

Sorry, Jabbo. I won't make it to the PIT this weekend for this game. No offense to the Falcons, but I am going to try to take in either an FRA, Franklin, or BGA game this week to see some of my son's old Oakland coaches. I try to continue to support these guys no matter where they may land. I know that you will keep me posted stats on my Patriot boys. Good luck to both teams, and I am praying for no injuries for either team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen. there is no disclipline on the team and has not been for the last few years. A good coach would not put with all the stuff I see happening on the team. Everyone is playing for I and not TEAM. It really looks like the coaching staff could care less about what happens. We have to get have a new coaching staff that will do what needs to be done no matter whose kid you are. To many politics and to much poor coaching for the Falcons to win, game Friday night will be ugly as Oakland wins by as much as they want. Time for new staff and new tradition at Lincoln County.

Amen. there is no disclipline on the team and has not been for the last few years. A good coach would not put with all the stuff I see happening on the team. Everyone is playing for I and not TEAM. It really looks like the coaching staff could care less about what happens. We have to get have a new coaching staff that will do what needs to be done no matter whose kid you are. To many politics and to much poor coaching for the Falcons to win, game Friday night will be ugly as Oakland wins by as much as they want. Time for new staff and new tradition at Lincoln County.

Unless you can tell me exactly how your venting will make anything better for the rest of the season, why don't you just let it rest, let the kids play, let the coaches coach, and when the season ends then lead a mob with torches and pitchforks to LCHS and fix everything.

Again, if you can tell me exactly what positive effect your venting has on the team, then have at it...otherwise, let it go until the season ends. Please?

Unless you can tell me exactly how your venting will make anything better for the rest of the season, why don't you just let it rest, let the kids play, let the coaches coach, and when the season ends then lead a mob with torches and pitchforks to LCHS and fix everything.

Again, if you can tell me exactly what positive effect your venting has on the team, then have at it...otherwise, let it go until the season ends. Please?

Well Jabbo, while venting may not help, there is one thing for sure it can't make things any worst. the team is terrible and not going to get any better till there is an entirely new coaching staff in place.

Well Jabbo, while venting may not help, there is one thing for sure it can't make things any worst. the team is terrible and not going to get any better till there is an entirely new coaching staff in place.

No, it can and will make things a lot "worst". Wait until after the season...please?

i dont think anyone can blame this problem entirely on the coaching staff. although i do believe their is some room for improvement, your players have to want to work their hardest to further their team. there are some kids on this team who do try to play that way. and jabbo..... im curious do you have a kid on the falcon team? im guessing not. but those of us who do, cant wait till next season, some of these kids actually have enough talent to take it to the next level. we could all turn a blind eye i guess but, when your kids future is at stake i dont hardly see how you can do that.

i dont think anyone can blame this problem entirely on the coaching staff. although i do believe their is some room for improvement, your players have to want to work their hardest to further their team. there are some kids on this team who do try to play that way. and jabbo..... im curious do you have a kid on the falcon team? im guessing not. but those of us who do, cant wait till next season, some of these kids actually have enough talent to take it to the next level. we could all turn a blind eye i guess but, when your kids future is at stake i dont hardly see how you can do that.

No, I don't have a kid on the team, but my kids have played other sports and I've seen first hand what happens when disgruntled parents or fans undermine the coaches. It typically happens when some parent thinks little Johnny isn't playing enough, so rather than tell little Johnny he needs to kick it up a notch (or maybe even let him know that sometimes folks don't recognize your talent and unfairness results - this is a lesson that will help him out for the rest of his life), the parent undermines the coach (and the rest of the team) by badmouthing him to his kid and his kid's teammates.

It's nothing more than selfishness masquerading as righteousness.

Good coaches will not put up with players not doing what they are taught and there are players on the team. that are not following blocks and hitting the holes. They should be yanked from the game and benched. that does not and will not happen if you are a senior and are the son of one the POPULAR people. Bench their tails and put the best players on the field. I feel like a coach would rather have eleven players that will do as coached, instead of eleven individuals doing what they want to. By the the way before it comes up I don't had a player on the team and have never had anyone play for the Falcons. I am just tired of seeing this once proud program fall to the depths of the 6A ranks.

My son is a Falcon football player. He plays his best and he hates to hear all the negative talk from the "fans" it makes him want to just give up. Come on people they can hear all the negative yelling from the stands. Sad when a child can't have fun playing a "game" but around here it isn't a "game" . They can't just have fun on the field. I hope he plays next year but the way people act in this town he may not. They aren't pro's you know just kids.

My son is a Falcon football player. He plays his best and he hates to hear all the negative talk from the "fans" it makes him want to just give up. Come on people they can hear all the negative yelling from the stands. Sad when a child can't have fun playing a "game" but around here it isn't a "game" . They can't just have fun on the field. I hope he plays next year but the way people act in this town he may not. They aren't pro's you know just kids.

Your son should keep playing if he is having fun. Don't let a few people who complain ruin your high school career. Yes it is more fun to win but as long as you have fun and learn that is the most important thing! Playing sports teaches us alot about life and gives us many life lessons. Besides you only go through high school once! Good luck and enjoy! :thumb: