TACA All Star Game

smckinney

The only names I recognize on there is Jasmine James and Jessica Brown. The rest I do not recognize and I keep up with basketball quite a bit. That's definately not the best that West TN could put out, no knock on the girls that did play though. Where are the 2 girls from Millington that are extremely good...

Next years West team will be LOADED!!!! There will be anywhere from 3-4 D1 players on the team. Heather Butler from Gibson Co., Amber Rechis and Grave Ann Swaim from Martin Westview, Chassidy Fussell from Obion Co., the real athletic girl from Bolivar, the girls down in Millington.....Next years score should be vice versa of this years.

There's no telling if those players will play in this all-star game next year, the one that was played the day of the state title games or any at all. It's a reward for the players but by then they may just want a break. Even if you lined up the 10 highest recruited players from the West and 10 from the East (and the middle area would still be fuzzy) that wouldn't tell you which half is better, there's no sense in getting that caught up in an all-star game result as it's for fun even with the girls playing hard.

Most of the West roster members are really Middle Tennessee players but that's how they were split:

Wing Ellyn Unger from Station Camp signed with Martin Methodist, she led the midstate in scoring with 21 a game.

Guard Lauren Wasson from Wilson Central signed with Trevecca-Nazarene and helped WC to the state title last year.

Guard Jasmine James signed with Georgia.

Guard Vacie Perry helped Hillsboro win the AAA state and was all-tournament, she was listed as one of the state's top 35 seniors by one service.

Post Jessica Brown from BTW was rated a top 100 player at her position (ESPN) but I don't believe has signed anywhere yet.

Guard Hannah Phillips from Brentwood signed with Lipscomb.

Post Rachel Raby from Metro Christian (non-TSSAA) signed with Trevecca-Nazarene

Guard Kristen Majors from Clarksville is unsigned as far as I know but is a good player and played in both all-star games.

Forward Anissa Ragland from McGavock signed with Trevecca-Nazarene.

Post Jane Barnes from Brentwood is unsigned but has good height at 6'1".

Forward Jessica Pace from Hillsboro hit the state game-winning shot in AAA. She was the tournament MVP and scored 24 in the final.

That doesn't sound like a bunch of stiffs. Ashley Robinson and Miko Williams played in the other all-star game so maybe they just didn't want to go to another. Adrienne Pratcher was originally scheduled to play in the other game, maybe she and other big-names weren't available or wanted a break. Regardless it's good all these on the list got to participate as like I said, it's a reward for all their years of hard work.

It wa a very exciting game to warch and East was represented as well with some fantastic players. Alot of The Nike National Champions were on the floor from the East. Jasmine James played on that team as well. Kortni Jones , Dymon Raynor, Kayla Christopher ( who won the 3 pt. shootin contest along being named MVP of the East and game). West has alot of players that just did not show up Thursday night and they had to scramble around to find player to replace the ones that didn't show. The State of Tennesee was well represnted all around and all of the players did a great job. The staff at Travecca did a great job putting thegame on and they need to be congratulated for doing a fine job. All of the girls and guys there have a fun time and it was a fantastic time for them all!! Congrats to the ones who were named MVP'S!!

Very very disappointing that the actual WEST was not represented. Some of the players (as mentioned in the previous post) were called the night before.(Good players but not West players)... I was told that you have to be a TACA member to nominate players. There were a LOT of top notch West players not in attendance. Adrienne Pratcher - Texas A&M, Candis Clear - Carlson Newman, Ashley Robinson - Univ Of Memphis, Sarah Watkins - Univ Of Arkansas out of the West were listed on the T-Shirts but did not attend. You add those players and you got a REAL game.

However, I will say that the event was 1st class and the staff should be commended on doing a great job! How can you ensure that players show up??????? (Or at least have a confirmation deadline and a reserve roster available)

Additionally, how can you ensure that you get the top players (even if the coach isn't a member of TACA and doesn't nominate the player).

Heck: Memphis Central (West) has 3 D1 senior signees and not one of them were invited. Erica Burgess - Southeastern Louisiana, Jasmine Taylor - Arkansas State and Jamila Ajanaku - MTSU. My goodness - they were in the AAA state finals.......

The East team had a D1 player on the floor at EVERY position and several coming off the bench. Really lopsided roster...... BUT it was fun to watch..... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm sure they made an effort to get players from Memphis, they did get James and Brown. Maybe others were just unavailable or there's a rule where the coaches have to be in the TACA for their players to take part. I wouldn't mind if players could just play in one statewide game at least when they're just a couple of weeks apart to give more the opportunity. That's not to the benefit of any player here really since one did play in the BCA game and the other senior signee is out with an injury. That wouldn't cover players involved in local or area games like the ones in Nashville and Chattanooga.

I'm sure they made an effort to get players from Memphis, they did get James and Brown. Maybe others were just unavailable or there's a rule where the coaches have to be in the TACA for their players to take part. I wouldn't mind if players could just play in one statewide game at least when they're just a couple of weeks apart to give more the opportunity. That's not to the benefit of any player here really since one did play in the BCA game and the other senior signee is out with an injury. That wouldn't cover players involved in local or area games like the ones in Nashville and Chattanooga.

I'm guessing since the MTSU clan didn't have anything to do with it, its just not as political as everthing else is down there. Also these kids do need a break, most of them are playing year round for several years and do need to rest. NO matter it was still a great game to watch without them having any pressure to win, only for their own personal benefits and reasons. I know that several of them looked to be playing to have fun and we all know that its different to play to win and have fun, than to be so pressured and be miserable knowing that if we lose there are reprecussions.