7 ECS

8 White Station

9 Germantown

10 Madison

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon beat Catholic 1-0 and still they are number four?

Alcoa won a tough rivalry game this week against Seymour and did not move up to #2. They got leapfrogged by USJ who was below them last week.....?

Thought Seymour would jump too after rebounding from a tough loss to Maryville. (gave Alcoa a tough game lost in final 2 minutes on questionable call)

Pigeon Forge on a good run and not getting in the rankings. (beat Karns, Halls, and South Doyle)

Sevier County is putting up good results and they are not ranked either. (lost 2-1 to Morristown West) (beat Lenoir City 4-1)

Thanks for the link, mjuhb, and for taking the time to do the rankings as well. It's always nice to see Tennessee teams ranked among the best in the nation.

With Bearden and Farragut being closely ranked on both lists, the intense rivalry is multiplied going into Friday night's game. I have to agree with ref's assessments. Seymour lost a close one to a great team and rival in Alcoa and dropped a match to Maryville in a game that was much closer than the final score infers. Catholic, on the other hand, lost to a quality, yet unranked, side in Loudon. I'm interested to see how the rest of the season and postseason unfolds.

Thought Seymour would jump too after rebounding from a tough loss to Maryville. (gave Alcoa a tough game lost in final 2 minutes on questionable call)

What was questionable? I watched the film, even went back this morning to find what you are talking about. I'll get you a copy if you want.

I will give seymour credit that I think their good results are more indicative of thier level of play than the loss to maryville.

Pitbull, I guess we will know about farragut and bearden this friday!!! Wish I could make that one. Have a feeling there will be a rematch later though.

What was questionable? I watched the film, even went back this morning to find what you are talking about. I'll get you a copy if you want.

I will give seymour credit that I think their good results are more indicative of thier level of play than the loss to maryville.

Pitbull, I guess we will know about farragut and bearden this friday!!! Wish I could make that one. Have a feeling there will be a rematch later though.

If you watched it this morning, why are you wondering what was questionable? You already know.

Refs make mistakes it is how teams rebound that matters.

I was just making a statement about the rankings. Not about your team Akula they won the game, and you are always going to take a win no matter what.

If you watched it this morning, why are you wondering what was questionable? You already know.

Refs make mistakes it is how teams rebound that matters.

I was just making a statement about the rankings. Not about your team Akula they won the game, and you are always going to take a win no matter what.

I guess it is just the way you phrase things, since I can only read things literally. Seems like you have to follow any compliment with some type of dig on someone. I actually wasn't sure when you first asked me about questionable calls the night or the match or day after. The center told me he thought he missed the PK when Thompson was taken down in the box. The play you are referring to, mitchell got to the ball first and had the player on his back right hip. To me it looks like the player stumbled, which is unfortunate but not a foul. So I guess that is why i am wondering what is questionable.

Ref, to be honest with you I really like bobby and mickey and the job that staff is doing at seymour. I can respect that and how hard their team plays. Your comments, however, are going to cause a lot of people on here who do not know that program well to have a really poor opinion of it. Maybe it isn't my place to say anything, but you claim to have had a son on the team. I hope for his sake he is no longer playing.

Ref, to be honest with you I really like bobby and mickey and the job that staff is doing at seymour. I can respect that and how hard their team plays. Your comments, however, are going to cause a lot of people on here who do not know that program well to have a really poor opinion of it. Maybe it isn't my place to say anything, but you claim to have had a son on the team. I hope for his sake he is no longer playing.

Akula, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I think I can speak for the entire Seymour staff in saying that ref's comments are in no way a true reflection of the program. Bobby has worked extremely hard to get the team where they are today, and what you're saying, regardless of motives, is detrimental. I also heard that the call was questionable. Apparently some of the Seymour fans felt like their defenders legs were taken out with a slide in order to score the goal or something to that effect. I wasn't there nor would my opinion of it change if I had been. Say the call was missed. I highly doubt it was intentional. Most likely, it was a player doing the exact same thing Seymour's boys do, hustle. Calls are missed all the time. While that particular play at that particular time in a big district game may be a tough pill to swallow, it's still one that's got to go down. The past is the past, it's time to move on and represent, as a fan, the positive qualities that you should want to see from these young men as players.