Smith Co.-Oliver Springs

fanman

Posted by orangenblack:

Did ya forget South Carthage???... :D

Anybody ever see the movie made in the early 70's that showed a shot of the bridge that separates Carthage and South Carthage? I can't remember the name of the movie, but Glen Campbell and Joe Namath were in it. It was a bomb.

The bridge was the star...it's not the Old Carthage Bridge's fault that Namath and Campbell were so bad...now if they would have had Beau or Jeff Bridges in it...GET IT???...Bridges???...f9d...oh geeeeeeeeeeesh...those poor people coming to Open House tonight are in for it!!!... :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by orangenblack:

Heck Orange, we have 2 bridges now. :D

When the movie was made, there was only a 2 lane bridge. When I lived down there you had 2 bridges, too.

Hey OS91, by comparing Carthage and O.S. I meant the two towns are both small and everybody knows everybody's business.

Are you sure, I don't think there were 2 bridges during the nuclear plant days. :D

Posted by orangenblack:
Are you sure, I don't think there were 2 bridges during the nuclear plant days. :rolleyes:

Let me retract that statement, I think when the movie was made, the bridge was a two laner. Later it was a 4 laner, right? Isn't there a railroad trestle paralleling it? Hard to remember that far back.

The old bridge is still 2 lanes. There is a new bridge upstream a little from the old one. It is on the new bypass which goes around Carthage connecting highway 25 with highway 53 to I40.

Orange and Black, I didnt date the girl I think you are speaking of Sherry. She was a close friend and now teaches at Norwood Elementary. She attended Oliver SPrings. In my class from Norwood it was almost evenly split 40 to OS 40 CLinton With about 10 kids transfering to OS in their junior years from Clinton. Most people agree the Old Norwood Junior High School was 7-9th grade was some great memories. Norwood competed against Clinton, Robertsville, Jefferson, William Blount, Maryville, Heritage, Crossville when I was there competing agaisnt far larger schools in enrollment.

Posted by OS91:

Orange and Black, I didnt date the girl I think you are speaking of Sherry. She was a close friend and now teaches at Norwood Elementary. She attended Oliver SPrings.

Hey '91, that wasn't me that asked you that question. Think it was Matt.

Folks I'm walking down to the Coalfield/Taft Youth Center game, and will fill you in later.

Actually 91, I only have TheAnswer9, but....anyways!! I used to go by another alias at some point in time, but my last 180 posts have all been under one alias--TheAnswer9. LOL

As for that freddyg guy, you know me, and when I figure out FOR sure who that ...... is I will tell him face to face just how and what I think about him. Is there any doubt in your mind 91 that I will not??