Trying to get a Va- Tennessee ALL-Star game together

wave316

Hello everyone, Im new to the board here. Last year I put together a Battle of the Border All-Star game between KY and Va. senior boys and girls. It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. This year Im hoping to have a Va. versus Tennessee All-Star boys and girls senior game. The location has already been reserved. It is the University of Virginia of Wise. The date is April 18,Saturday. The Va boys roster is nearly complete as well as the girls. The players from Tennessee I hope to invite are Todd Halverson and Jordon Edwards of Dobyns Bennett. Koree Deeb ,Sullivan East. Corey Young, Tennessee High, Nick Jones ,Daniel Boone. Aaron Bennet ,Volunteer. Tyler Devault, Sullivan South. Eric Herring ,Sullivan North. If you can assist in helping me contact these players please do. On the girls side for Tennessee are... Danielle Montgomery ,Tennessee High, Cheyenne Thornsbury from Tenn.High. Mariah Petrowski, and Jasmine Jefferson ,Elizabethon. Laureen Murr ,David Crocket,Brittany Fields and Breann Sabo ,Sullivan Central. Laureen Latture and Makenzie Campbell ,Sullivan South. Again if you can assist me in reaching out to these players ,please do. My email is gmaggard@fca.org. Thanks so much /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Girls at 5:30, boys at 7:30.

Rosters

Basketball

Senior TN-VA All-Star game rosters

Sat,. April 18, at UVA-Wise

Boys

Tennessee

Coaches: John Dyer, Sullivan East; Roby Witcher, Tennessee High

Players: Patrick Albright, Sullivan Central; Aaron Bennett, Volunteer; Mason Canty, Tennessee High; Corey Young, Tennessee High; Koree Deeb, Sullivan Central; Eric Herring, Sullivan North; Cameron Miller, Unicoi County; Austin Phipps, Johnson County

Virginia

Coach: Steve Collier, Lee High

Players: Scotty Woliver, Lee High; Jordan Lanningham, Lee High; Devon Matthews, Twin Springs; Tihlee Anderson, Gate City; Josh Johnson, Gate City; Tuff Williams, Chilhowie; Devin Talley, J.I. Burton; Jaycob Coleman, J.I. Burton; Garrett Horne, Twin Valley; Otto Fletcher, Council; Jordan Martin, Powell Valley

Girls

Tennessee

Coaches: Ben Godsey, Happy Valley; Gary Surcey, S. Central

Players: Cheyenne Thornsbury, Tennessee High; Sara Wysor, Tennessee High; Danielle Montgomery, Tennessee High; Brittany Fields, Sullivan Central; Breean Sabo, Sullivan Central; Johneshia Good, Science Hill; Jaimee Hill, Science Hill; Madison Farmer, David Crockett; Jessica Burgner, David Crockett; Shanique Price, Volunteer; Mikki Oliver Hampton; Mariah Pietrowski, Elizabethton; Arin Anderson, Elizabethton; Brooke Johnson, Cloudland

Virginia

Coach: Lauren Jervis, UVA-Wise

Players: Ashley Buckhannon, George Wythe; Jaydee Brewer, J.J. Kelly; Chelsea Cluesman, Lee High; Stephanie Cornett, Council; Haley Arrington, Council; Holly Hyden, Haysi; Jasmine Counts, Haysi; Lakrisha Isaac, Pound; Katie Stallard, Pound; Chabrae Roark, Powell Valley; Erica Long, Powell Valley

How did the games go...both BOYS & GIRLS...

heard that the tn boys won 123 to 103. cameron miller of unicoi county had 35 and was the mvp. don't know if this is true or not. just what i heard from a pretty reliable source. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

How did the games go...both BOYS & GIRLS...

Well I thought the games went really good. The girls game was 85 to 75 in favor of Tennessee. Mariah Peitrowski of Elizabethon was huge .She had 25 points and 17 rebounds . Va. had no answer for her. Sara Wysor of Tennessee High had 4 three pointers I believe. The boys game was fun . Cameron Miller of Unicoi County was outstanding . He finished with 33 points and was our Tennessee MVP. Tihlee Anderson of Gate City was our Va. MVP. He had 22 points. We also had a slam dunk challenge . Lucas Shortridge of Twin Valley won this. He came in third place in the Arbys Classic slam dunk challenge. It was a lot of work to put this together. I am still quite exhausted. We also had a All-Star volleyball match that day before the basketball games. Next year we have been invited to do our games at Milligan College. Right now I am currently working on two more events. Battle of The Border between Va. and Ky. All-Star-basketball, and Va. versus Tennessee All-Star softball game, hopefully to be played at ETSU. I will keep everyone posted on these. Thanks.