West Tenn - Where are you?

StatMan08

I agree with MrNoitAll... and many West Tennessee teams haven't posted schedules and scores either.

From MrNoitAll... "Well everyone likes to read and see who some losers are and I thought that would be a great way to start this Monday with teams who are losers and why! I am going to call out to my bosses readers some schools that must not really care about softball and getting the word out about their program and their girls. With all of the hard work that Coacht has given of his time (yes I do understand it is a business) but why would schools not take advantage of it. What I am getting around to talk about is why have schools not posted their schedules or their scores on Coacht? Some schools listed below have games but they are from other schools who have taken the time to post their schedules.

Could it be just another extra income for some coaches and they could care less? Or could it be that they are trying to surprise the state and just appear out of know where at the end of the season. Or how about the coaches who only post when they win? Could grow up and take it like ???Birdie??? does when she is wrong and do something about it. Or just admit that your school officials, parents just do not care and are losers. So listed below are schools that have not taken the time or effort to place much or anything on my boss and your friend Coacht website! In my eyes your team is a loser because someone coach, parent, player are not getting anything out to the public about your school! So change it now and get those scores on the boards and your schedules??¦..remember that you can play four tourneys or 32 games some schools only have about half that number posted or less."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that the west is that into softball as much as the rest of the state. There is only about 2 or 3 schools that actively seek out the best competition. Bolton and St. Benedict are the only ones that come to mind that will travel to other parts of the state on a regular basis to play the best teams they can find. The rest are happy to stay close to home. I would be willing to bet that most of the west tn coaches don't even know about this forum.

Umm Trinity, Camden, Collierville, Houston, Obion all come to mind as teams that traveled and signed up for Middle Tenn tournaments as well. Several other schools are signed up for the Waverly Tournaments, i.e Chester Co., Lexington, USJ. Whereas, it's true some schools don't care about softball; I'd bet the ratios of teams not caring in Middle and East Tennesse are about the same.

I don't think that the west is that into softball as much as the rest of the state. There is only about 2 or 3 schools that actively seek out the best competition. Bolton and St. Benedict are the only ones that come to mind that will travel to other parts of the state on a regular basis to play the best teams they can find. The rest are happy to stay close to home. I would be willing to bet that most of the west tn coaches don't even know about this forum.

You might be right about many of the west teams not traveling to other parts of the state, but that's no reason to not post schedules and scores. Most of the west teams still play a full schedule (that's not posted on CoachT). You're right, maybe CoachT has not spread to the west part of TN yet. I wish more West TN coaches would participate.

Umm Trinity, Camden, Collierville, Houston, Obion all come to mind as teams that traveled and signed up for Middle Tenn tournaments as well. Several other schools are signed up for the Waverly Tournaments, i.e Chester Co., Lexington, USJ. Whereas, it's true some schools don't care about softball; I'd bet the ratios of teams not caring in Middle and East Tennesse are about the same.

You are right that the schools mentioned will play a tournament in the middle tn, but they pick the ones that the powerhouses usually don't attend, although Houston did go up to Riverdale last weekend. Whereas Bolton and St. Benedict look to play those powerhouses as much as possible. St. Benedict was at the Beech playday, stuck around for the Commando Classic. They have also in the past travelled all away across the state to see the teams in East TN and I remember a few years back they went down to Texas to play the #1 ranked HS team in the nation. Bolton is the same way, they were schedule to play in the Commando Classic and the Warrior invitational, plus they will travel down to Alabama to play the best teams down there. These teams play as hard of a scheduled that they can, which is usually why they end up at the state year after year and it doesn't matter who the players are. For the most part the teams you listed all play the same tourneys, facing the same teams with little variences.

I don't think that the west is that into softball as much as the rest of the state. I would be willing to bet that most of the west tn coaches don't even know about this forum.

I guess Trinity winning back to back state championships in 2006 and 2007 means they are not "in to it? "

I assure you that most coaches know about this forum. We even have internet in West Tennessee !!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are right that the schools mentioned will play a tournament in the middle tn, but they pick the ones that the powerhouses usually don't attend, although Houston did go up to Riverdale last weekend. Whereas Bolton and St. Benedict look to play those powerhouses as much as possible. St. Benedict was at the Beech playday, stuck around for the Commando Classic. They have also in the past travelled all away across the state to see the teams in East TN and I remember a few years back they went down to Texas to play the #1 ranked HS team in the nation. Bolton is the same way, they were schedule to play in the Commando Classic and the Warrior invitational, plus they will travel down to Alabama to play the best teams down there. These teams play as hard of a scheduled that they can, which is usually why they end up at the state year after year and it doesn't matter who the players are. For the most part the teams you listed all play the same tourneys, facing the same teams with little variences.

Seems like you know alot about Bolton & St. Benedict but not much else. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Please do some research before you post. Trinity was scheduled to play in the Riverdale Tournament this year, it got rained out for the most part except Sunday. They're playing in the Franklin Tournament(Collierville and Houston too) this year as well. They have TRIED to play in the Hendersonville Tournament the two years before this one, and most of the games got rained out. Camden and Obion played in the MTSCA tournament with Rossview and Riverdale, who I believe are both VERY good teams. Camden also was scheduled to play in the Brentwood Tournament that got rained out this past weekend. Also Obion is playing in either Soddy or Ootelwah's tourney this year as well. So exactly which tournaments are these teams hand-picking to not face good competition? I believe those are some of the strongest tournaments in Middle TN. A lot of them are also playing in tournaments out of state, which I'm sure have some good teams in them as well. If you need and or want to look at a team's actual schedule, go to TSSAA.org. They have everyone's schedule; Coacht, while great, is not the end all be all for information.

Here are the teams scheduled to play in the Waverly and Franklin tourneys coming up. How many of these teams will have a legit shot at a State title. I see 2, Goodpasture and TCA. There are few other good teams in the field with some that can beat you on any given day, but let's be realistic, this is not even close to being top level competition as oppose to some of the other tournaments. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, because I would like to see the West do well. I still think that some of the coaches out west seek the easier tournaments to enter, which is a shame, because there are some really good ball players on this side of the river.

Pool A

1 Brentwood

2 Harpeth Hall

3 Sycamore

4 Science Hill

Pool B

1 Goodpasture

2 Page

3 Columbia Academy

4 Elizabethton

Pool C

1 Collierville

2 Franklin

3 East Lit

4 Coalfield

Pool D

1 Ravenwood

2 Huntland

3 Harpeth

4 Chattanooga Christian

Pool E

1 Houston Germantown

2 Fairview

3 Nashville Christian

4 Friendship Christian

Pool F

1 Trinity Christian

2 Marion County

3 Creek Wood

4 BGA

field 1 Harpeth v. Hickman County

field 2 Webster County, KY v. Jo Byrns

field 3 Houston County v. Camden

field 5 McNairy Central v. Obion County

field 6 McEwen v. East Hickman

4:00pm

field 1 Harpeth v. Clarksville NW

field 2 Hume Fogg v. Jo Byrns

field 3 Chester County v. Fairview

field 5 McNairy Central v. Clarksville NE

field 6 Watertown v. East Hickman

5:30pm

field 1 Hickman County v. Clarksville NW

field 2 Webster County, KY v. Waverly

field 3 Creek Wood v. Ezell Harding

field 5 Dickson County v. Houston High (Germantown)

field 6 Camden v. U.S.J.

7:00pm

field 1 Obion County v. Clarksville NE

field 2 Hume Fogg v. Waverly

field 3 Ezell Harding v. Trinity Christian

field 5 Milan v. Houston High (Germantown)

field 6 Chester County v. Clarksville

8:30pm

field 1 Clarksville v. Fairview

field 2 Dickson County v. Milan

field 3 Creek Wood v. Trinity Christian

field 5 McEwen v. Watertown

field 6 Houston County v. U.S.J.

Seems like you know alot about Bolton & St. Benedict but not much else. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Seems intheshadow doesn't know much about those two teams either. Take a look at Camden's schedule...I believe you will notice that St. Benedict is coming to Camden on the 21st to take on the Lady Lions at St. Benedict's request! I'm sure St. Benedict looked at their schedule and said "hmmm....let's see who we can drive 3 1/2 hours to spank?" Ummm...maybe not. Pretty sure they were looking for the same thing Camden is...good competition.

Also, didn't Bolton play in the same MTSCA tourney that Camden took 2nd place to Riverdale in the Gold bracket? In the Brentwood tourney, Camden was in arguably one of the more challenging pools.

Intheshadow might want to do a little more fact finding before belittling programs who have NEVER shied away from the best competition. Hate to burst your bubble, but Camden is not in one West TN tourney this year. To beat the best you gotta play the best...and the Lady Lions, along with a few other west TN teams, do that year after year.

You can't control who does or doesn't sign up for a tournament. You can't control the weather. Yes Goodpasture is one of the toughest teams in the state, but Creekwood, Dickson Co., Sycamore, Ravenwood, Friendship, etc. have all proven to be tough competition this year already. You didn't post the Riverdale tournament teams. I believe there were lots of contenders in that tournament. I'm just trying to figure out exactly who you feel these teams should be playing. They've played, would have played, or will play most of the top teams in the state. Riverdale, Beech, Soddy, GPS, Goodpasture, Ooltewah, Rossview, and St. Benedict were all teams that were listed in each of the tournaments the teams from West Tenn signed up for. Better yet, which tournament do you think they should have signed up for?

Again:

Camden signed up for Brentwood and MTSCA tournaments.

Obion signed up for MTSCA and Soddy Tournament

Houston signed up for Riverdale Tournament and Franklin Tournament

Trinity signed up for Riverdale and Franklin Tournaments

Collierville signed up for Franklin Tournament

Your statement is just false.

All I was saying is that year in and year out that those two teams seek out the best competition they can find as opposed to most teams in the west, not just when they have an all stater. I have yet to see either play this year and seen where both have been beaten. Lions4ever is proving my point. Camden has a good team this year and St. Benedict has asked to play them. Neither of the teams I have mentioned are not worried about their record at this point, they want to be playing their best at the end of the season. I also understand that budget has alot to do with where you play, but if you are going to only travel once or twice why not go play those tourneys that have the best teams coming every year. I want the West to get better. I get sick and tired of people saying that the West can't compete with Soddy, Beech, and Goodpasture. Let's go play them, see what they are doing, and start to bring some hardware home. No derespect to TCA here, they are and will force to recond with for a little while longer.