Oak Ridge!

You said " Mullins wanted him gone" Most of the town wanted him gone, you said Mullins had an agenda against SS, count me in on that.

Not sure if anyone has told you, but without all of the fighting-knife pulling stuff, he is the worst Coach in Or history. Any questions?

But Mullins wanted him gone, So did I. So did a lot of other people. On the rule, I just tt GQ .. he sure seemed ok with it.

The rule is the rule. I don't care what George Quarles thinks about it. Why should you? Unlike you, I am not awe struck by George Quarles. My point is that MM should enforce the rules whether SS is the coach, or Blade is the coach. I wanted SS gone, but if I were the AD, I wouldn't enforce things differently for Blade, than the way I did for SS. That's my only point. I certainly don't need to be lectured by you. If you think MM should enforce things differently for Blade, than the way he did for SS, then YOU are wrong.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rule is the rule. I don't care what George Quarles thinks about it. Why should you? Unlike you, I am not awe struck by George Quarles. My point is that MM should enforce the rules whether SS is the coach, or Blade is the coach. I wanted SS gone, but if I were the AD, I wouldn't enforce things differently for Blade, than the way I did for SS. That's my only point. I certainly don't need to be lectured by you. If you think MM should enforce things differently for Blade, than the way he did for SS, then YOU are wrong.

Since you think the AD is not being fair, I have the website.----TSSAA.org is where you can turn Blade in.

Please do it, You will be lectured until you do it.

You make statements that the AD wanted your boy gone, Let me try to slow my speech down for you.

His record was the worst In OR history.

Please have somone read this back to you.

I wonder why he wanted him gone???????

Again, as for the rule

turn him in. You have the website.. stop talking & do it. I will follow up with you until you do. Don't let someone else fight your battles for you. If I disagee with someone, I make the call myself. I am not going to wait until you do it. If you do not turn Blade in you do not believe in what you are saying.

I'm waitng.

Since you think the AD is not being fair, I have the website.----TSSAA.org is where you can turn Blade in.

Please do it, You will be lectured until you do it.

You make statements that the AD wanted your boy gone, Let me try to slow my speech down for you.

His record was the worst In OR history.

Please have somone read this back to you.

I wonder why he wanted him gone???????

Again, as for the rule

turn him in. You have the website.. stop talking & do it. I will follow up with you until you do. Don't let someone else fight your battles for you. If I disagee with someone, I make the call myself. I am not going to wait until you do it. If you do not turn Blade in you do not believe in what you are saying.

I'm waitng.

It's not my job to turn anyone in. It's the job of the AD to enforce the rules, not to turn his head the other way because he hired this coach. I don't have a boy, so not sure what you mean there. I know his record, and I am glad that we are rid of him. He wanted him gone for the same reasons most of us did, but that shouldn't cloud his judgment now. I don't want us turned in. It's a stupid rule that most coaches are allowed to violate. My point is that MM must be consistent. If SS wasn't allowed to violate this rule, then why should we be allowed to do so now? Even someone with your limited intelligence should understand that!!!

Does OR have a staff in place yet or is Blade just doing it all by himself?

I hear that a staff is pretty much in place, but has not been announced yet.

It's not my job to turn anyone in. It's the job of the AD to enforce the rules, not to turn his head the other way because he hired this coach. I don't have a boy, so not sure what you mean there. I know his record, and I am glad that we are rid of him. He wanted him gone for the same reasons most of us did, but that shouldn't cloud his judgment now. I don't want us turned in. It's a stupid rule that most coaches are allowed to violate. My point is that MM must be consistent. If SS wasn't allowed to violate this rule, then why should we be allowed to do so now? Even someone with your limited intelligence should understand that!!!

I hear that a staff is pretty much in place, but has not been announced yet.

You seem to have an agenda and it is not pretty. No violations are happening and yet you can't let it go. Did Blade not give you a job on the staff or does your child not get enough playing time and/or attention?

You seem to have an agenda and it is not pretty. No violations are happening and yet you can't let it go. Did Blade not give you a job on the staff or does your child not get enough playing time and/or attention?

I think that is what needs to be figured out. If the coach is instructing football drills (where a football is being used), then that is a violation of the rules. Even if it's within the confines of a class. UNLESS, this class is open to any student and football skills are listed as part of the curriculum. Then, the coach is not conducting a practice, he's teaching football skills to his class.

I have no agenda where Blade is concerned. I am very glad he is here. Jim Helton would treat all coaches the same. MM is not a viable AD. This issue simply adds to that fact.

what they are doing would be considered open facilities, you can throw a ball out & tell them to go pitch & catch. If the QBs & WRs want to go run routes & work on timing that shows a good work ethic. Every school does that. & if you dont care then why are you posting? Probably wanting to get some trouble started.

I agree 100%, and this thread is becoming stupid. The facts are 99.5% of the Oak Ridge fans were ready for Stevens to leave. Now that we have a great new coach, some people are only wanting to start trouble.......period.

If someone thinks that Mullins or anyone else at the high school is doing something wrong then go to the high school and tell him to his face or if you don't have the guts to do that, go to the school board......Be a man or just shut up.

Coach Blade probably has more integrity than any football coach Oak Ridge has had since Emory Hale. He isn't doing anything wrong and the players aren't doing anything wrong..................period. I know, because one of my friend's has a son who is playing on the team. I have been to the high school after school and I have seen the team workout and I can assure everyone that no violations are are being made. This is just stupid.

I agree 100%, and this thread is becoming stupid. The facts are 99.5% of the Oak Ridge fans were ready for Stevens to leave. Now that we have a great new coach, some people are only wanting to start trouble.......period.

If someone thinks that Mullins or anyone else at the high school is doing something wrong then go to the high school and tell him to his face......Be a man or just shut up.

Coach Blade probably has more integrity than any football coach Oak Ridge has had since Emory Hale. He isn't doing anything wrong and the players aren't doing anything wrong..................period. I know, because one of my friend's has a son who is playing on the team. I have been to the high school after school and I have seen the team workout and I can assure everyone that no violations are are being made. This is just stupid.

I am one of the 99.5% who wanted SS gone. I had little use for him. I know two coaches on the staff, then and now, who have said that this rule is often violated across the state. MM wouldn't let SS violate it, but is letting it happen now. I love the fact that Blade is here. The rule is stupid. But MM should be consistent. You folks are far too defensive on this issue. Since you mentioned integrity, I think the AD should have it too.

I'm not going to get into the Mullins discussion, I will just tell you exactly what I've seen of these workouts. They stretch as a team, they do agilities, then they break off into about 4 groups and do conditioning work at stations, rotating every 10/12 min. until each group has worked out at each station. The stations are like footwork drills, flexibility, core work, etc. Then they do some team defense work, lining up the defense and working on adjustments to different fronts (it's a 4-3 but they Safety often comes down into the box and acts as another LB). Then they go into the weightroom and hit that hard. When they're done with that, the receivers and QBs go into the gym and work on routes and the linemen do something else (I've only stayed and watched the QBs/WRs). Everything is very crisp and very intense, there is no slacking and mistakes are not accepted. Blade is very personable with the kids and coaches, he talks and jokes with them, but they better be getting their work done or he will let them hear it. I absolutely love what he's doing. His offense is VERY simple and requires execution and intensity above all else.

I don't know the rules or if this violates the rules but there's no doubt in my mind this team will be very well prepared for the coming season.