Seymour vs Carter Thur. @ 7pm

cnpitbull

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are actually playing varsity...and I heard Spenser isn't at Cumberlands anymore but im not sure.

Spenser was a better player than both and didn't make the varsity squad and it is no knock to the players just that as a freshman you are playing JV there are to many brazilians. So Balboa is lieing! Ill call Neto myself and ask.

Hey yo ref! what's wrong with our reserve squad (don't even call it jv because that is not what it is)? May i remind you that a player by the name of craig cook (now arguable one of our MVP's) played reserve his whole freshman year and then proved himself to get to play varsity. Only VERY few players do not see time with the reserves. Alot of key contributers have come from this system and got their chance (I am one of those that was told i would never play college varsity at a competive level). They can make varsity and stand a better chance next year due to the lack of experience returning. They could end up practicing with varsity some in the fall and by spring be on the varsity roster. I Say this only to say that it is possible for ALOT of players to make it at the next level. Pick up your consistance, improve daily, and work like there's no tommorrow.

Spencer could have played varsity when it was all said and done, but he has decided to go play at another school for different reasons. i belive that he could have eventually contributed to our success and he will be missed. i do wish him the best of luck.

oh and i wouldn't consider two brazilians to many (we will add two more next fall, three tops) We are not LMU..... Neto does a wonderful job recruiting different varieties of players from all over the world to play in his unique hybrid system.

Ref, one of the guys signing with UC said to me when I asked them if they were playing varsity or not, "we are playing varsity." I am just stating what I was told. I really don't have a clue as to how UC works in freshman and and who is put on the reserve squad. What is LIEING???...I know what lying is but not sure about the other word /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />. By the way, I played club with Spencer a while back and he is a very solid soccer player. I was surprised to see him on the reserve list. Do you know what school he transferred to ucsoccer?

Don't be suprised to see him on the reserve list.... good player but you have to understand the level of play that is involved with our varsity. I would not be suprised to see the two from Carter on the reserve. One or both might get to practice with the varsity but will play games with the reserve and will very unlikly dress or travel with varsity. Regardless, seeing varsity play time their first year will more then likly not happen. Doesn't mean that there is not something to work towards or that they potential is not there. Anything is possible. Everyone said i wouldn't make it as far as i did...... so the proff is in the pudding.

spencer will be playing at johnson bible college and sounded like he would get the oppurtunity to shine right off the bat at Center mid.

Carter 4

Seymour 3

Both defenses will need to prove somebody wrong on Thursday. I really predict a higher score from both teams, but this seems more realistic. Sherrod, Grigsby, and Cross weren't up to there full potential against Bearen...better watch out for them. I expect a great...and heated match-up.

Hey yo ref! what's wrong with our reserve squad (don't even call it jv because that is not what it is)? May i remind you that a player by the name of craig cook (now arguable one of our MVP's) played reserve his whole freshman year and then proved himself to get to play varsity. Only VERY few players do not see time with the reserves. Alot of key contributers have come from this system and got their chance (I am one of those that was told i would never play college varsity at a competive level). They can make varsity and stand a better chance next year due to the lack of experience returning. They could end up practicing with varsity some in the fall and by spring be on the varsity roster. I Say this only to say that it is possible for ALOT of players to make it at the next level. Pick up your consistance, improve daily, and work like there's no tommorrow.

Spencer could have played varsity when it was all said and done, but he has decided to go play at another school for different reasons. i belive that he could have eventually contributed to our success and he will be missed. i do wish him the best of luck.

oh and i wouldn't consider two brazilians to many (we will add two more next fall, three tops) We are not LMU..... Neto does a wonderful job recruiting different varieties of players from all over the world to play in his unique hybrid system.

USAsoccer, tell Paulo I said hello. He is a very good coach and a joy to be around. He and Coach L have taught me so much about this great game! Adam and Nick will learn so much from him.

I am just a current player at uc and i played high school/club in Knoxville. There are three knoxville boys getting playing time with the varsity roster at this moment, two starting and one being the 12th off the bench. so it is possible for k-town kids to play in this program.

Spencer should do very well at johnson. He is a simple player and holds the ball well, not forcing it or giving it away. He should be a great fit and excelle in that program.....

i do belive that ur boys will be a great fit at uc and will adjust well with time. i will pass on the message to my coach. i remember seeing you at that camp when mark was only a freshman to be (lord how time flies)..... i think i might have played against you during my time in high school (if you remember who i am). i am glad to hear the success that your program is bringing and i hope that it continues. Neto is an amazying coach and nows how to develop players and get them to play in his wicked schyme.

The only player from Carter better than Seymour's top 5 is Sherrod. The freshman from Seymour is better than Grigsby and cross

That's the ref I know. Just likes to talk trash with no proof or evidence to back it up. If what you say is true, then I think you're implying that Seymour is going to blowout Carter...if 4 of your other players are really better than grigsby and cross. Hmm...We'll see Thursday ref. If your right, then good for you. If your wrong, then you're gonna see a lot of people on Coacht throwing Carter's win in your face. But no matter. If Seymour wins, you'll be talking about how much you were right. If Carter wins, I'll be expecting a lot of excuses from you.

It's game day so I will go ahead and post my prediction. I'll go with Seymour by a score of 3-2. I think Carter's offense will be tough to stop (primarily Mark) so they'll get a couple of goals. I think Coach Norwood at Seymour will make the necessary adjustments defensively that these goals, or at least one of them, will come from a free kick or a corner and not in the flow of play. Seymour's offense has struggled at times this year, but I think after they find the back of the net once that more will follow.

Sportsnut, I'll be with my girlfriend at the game tonight and will be wearing a brown t-shirt or a black and green hoodie with jeans. Stop by and say hello, it will be nice to put a face to the posts.