Another Coach Gone

raynoch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as I've been in Knoxville South-Doyle and West have been considered sleeping giants in athletics.

Hahaha are you sure about West? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just messing but I agree. West has always been good in Tennis, Swimming, Baseball, Track and Field, etc.... However, when it comes to basketball and football West is making strives to be the top program. They have one great year then they'll fall off the map then a few years later they'll get their name back on the map..

South Doyle, their only problem is, all of the players who are real ballers won't play because they usually don't have transportation from the school. In my opinion, if South Doyle wasn't so far out, they'll be a winner at everysport.

Back to Stixx, yes I meant to mention he's a pastor and I think God is wanting him to work more with the Inner City Youth. So staying at a school with a lot of Inner City kids may benifit him more. Maybe Charles Mitchell or Jody Wright may step down and he'll get on of their jobs. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard a rumor a couple weeks ago that Matt Mercer of Central is being linked to the Powell job once the Powell coach leaves. If that happens I think Stixx would sit well at Central.

The next coach at Central will be Mitch Mitchell. He is now the ast coach to Coach Mercer. He did a great job at Lenior City and set the stage for Buell at Carter. There is little doubt that Coach Mercer will be the next boys coach at Powell and the John Fisher will be the next girls coach at Powell.

Back to the S-D job, lets make a list

Rodney Nelson

connected to south knox, experienced,proven track record

Coach Darden

connected to south knox, experienced ,proven track record

Rick Sinard

no connection to south knox,experienced,proven track record (great sucess in the 90's)

Young guys

ast coach from West (Sticks)

in the knox system, college connections

middle school coach from S-D middle

knows the community

Tony Scott

worked for Hutch,worked for stomper

must like working with coaches that wear cowboys boots HA HA

add to the list and list positives

The next coach at Central will be Mitch Mitchell. He is now the ast coach to Coach Mercer. He did a great job at Lenior City and set the stage for Buell at Carter. There is little doubt that Coach Mercer will be the next boys coach at Powell and the John Fisher will be the next girls coach at Powell.

Back to the S-D job, lets make a list

Rodney Nelson

connected to south knox, experienced,proven track record

Coach Darden

connected to south knox, experienced ,proven track record

Rick Sinard

no connection to south knox,experienced,proven track record (great sucess in the 90's)

Young guys

ast coach from West (Sticks)

in the knox system, college connections

middle school coach from S-D middle

knows the community

Tony Scott

worked for Hutch,worked for stomper

must like working with coaches that wear cowboys boots HA HA

add to the list and list positives

I agree with you in regard to Mercer taking over for Coach Ogan, but who knows when that will be. I doubt seriously that Coach Mitchell will leave A-E anytime soon. Coach Wright, hard to say. It is Knox County policy that administrators are not suppose to coach, so I don't know how long that will be allowed to last , especially with the new superintendent and all of the changes he's making. Maybe David Ball, Tony Scott and Drew Franklin should all start wearing cowboy boots too. After all Hutch has won 350 games in 18 years while at KCHS.

I agree with you in regard to Mercer taking over for Coach Ogan, but who knows when that will be. I doubt seriously that Coach Mitchell will leave A-E anytime soon. Coach Wright, hard to say. It is Knox County policy that administrators are not suppose to coach, so I don't know how long that will be allowed to last , especially with the new superintendent and all of the changes he's making. Maybe David Ball, Tony Scott and Drew Franklin should all start wearing cowboy boots too. After all Hutch has won 350 games in 18 years while at KCHS.

Cowboy boots are not considered appropriate coaching wear for people from Farragut, Chicago or Northwest/Catholic. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One person that has to be considered is Scott Eggleston from Cumberland County High School. He has been a great coach there since the schools spilt. He has been a college coach for a long time with success and also led a team to the state tournament in florida as well. Great coach for rebuilding that will be there for the long term and wants to find a place to be at long term.

One person that has to be considered is Scott Eggleston from Cumberland County High School. He has been a great coach there since the schools spilt. He has been a college coach for a long time with success and also led a team to the state tournament in florida as well. Great coach for rebuilding that will be there for the long term and wants to find a place to be at long term.

Why did he leave Cumberland County? I saw on the TSSAA website that they are looking for a new coach. For that matter why is leaving Florida if he has a state tournament level team? I know some coaches in Florida, they say the pay scale is pretty bad for city schools, what was the name of the of the school he coached at? Not trying to be negative just inquisitive.

For Irishbball, what's wrong with a man from Chicago wearing cowyboy boots? After all Ray Charles did sing country music too LOL.

He left Florida because he was teaching at an inner city school in Orlando that was not safe for his children so he was trying to take a job where the school system is better for his children. If you have been to the part of orlando that he was at you would completely understand. As far as leaving Cumberland County High School that goes a whole lot deeper - let's just say politics are king in the county. There is a ton of angry posts on this on crossville forum concerning the politics involved in this issue and an article on the front page of the paper of the crossville chronicle about it. His entire team loves him and is still fighting to try and get him to be able to stay. In the end if you read the newspaper article and the forum postings you will see that there is something special to Coach Eggleston for a community to rally behind someone like they have here.

After getting to know Coach Eggleston you know three important things

1. He is going to work his butt off for your children and will get the most out of whatever talent a team has to offer.

2. He is going to build your program the right way and will have a very well disciplined team.

3. You would be lucky to have your child play for him.

He left Florida because he was teaching at an inner city school in Orlando that was not safe for his children so he was trying to take a job where the school system is better for his children. If you have been to the part of orlando that he was at you would completely understand. As far as leaving Cumberland County High School that goes a whole lot deeper - let's just say politics are king in the county. There is a ton of angry posts on this on crossville forum concerning the politics involved in this issue and an article on the front page of the paper of the crossville chronicle about it. His entire team loves him and is still fighting to try and get him to be able to stay. In the end if you read the newspaper article and the forum postings you will see that there is something special to Coach Eggleston for a community to rally behind someone like they have here.

After getting to know Coach Eggleston you know three important things

1. He is going to work his butt off for your children and will get the most out of whatever talent a team has to offer.

2. He is going to build your program the right way and will have a very well disciplined team.

3. You would be lucky to have your child play for him.

Coach Eggleston would be a great hire for anyone that could get him. I have worked with him for the past 3 years and he has done great things with very little talent at Cumberland Co. It is a shame that the DOS is running off such a great coach. (Principal recommended him for tenure and DOS overruled her decision) I know his name is in the hat at South Doyle and Morristown East. If neither school hires him they are truly missing out on a great man and a great coach.

No Doubt our program will suffer a little losing him.