Another Coach Gone

raynoch

I agree with you in regard to Mercer taking over for Coach Ogan, but who knows when that will be. I doubt seriously that Coach Mitchell will leave A-E anytime soon. Coach Wright, hard to say. It is Knox County policy that administrators are not suppose to coach, so I don't know how long that will be allowed to last , especially with the new superintendent and all of the changes he's making. Maybe David Ball, Tony Scott and Drew Franklin should all start wearing cowboy boots too. After all Hutch has won 350 games in 18 years while at KCHS.

No such policy. Duncan will be the head football coach at S.D. and he is also a principal.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quitesure there is. Ask Coach Lindsey from West, he'll explain it in detail.

You will not find any written policy pretaining to principals coaching in Knox Co. Scholls Policy and procedures handbook. Hince the hiring of two administrators as head coaches for major sports over the past couple of years. That was the excuse that was used not to hire Lindsey. But there is no written policy. Ther are also some assistant coaches that are administrators.

You will not find any written policy pretaining to principals coaching in Knox Co. Scholls Policy and procedures handbook. Hince the hiring of two administrators as head coaches for major sports over the past couple of years. That was the excuse that was used not to hire Lindsey. But there is no written policy. Ther are also some assistant coaches that are administrators.

I was told that bit of information, you probably know more about it than me. Since that's the case, Coach Lindsey was lied too and that's too bad.

Knox Counties policy about administrators coaching is nonexistent. They don't want coaches to be administrators, and that is only do to the obligations that administrators have.

Assistant Principals work an extra 20 days a year (220 total), and normally have to go to lots of after-school meetings that conflict with athletics.

The main principal of schools work 240 day contracts, which would make coaching virtually impossible because you wouldn't be available to have summer workouts and camps. Also, they have lots of meetings that they are obligated to goto in the afternoons.

This is why they try and stay aways from hiring administrators to coach. There are always exceptions to the rules.

The last SD coaching search drug out for a long time and ended with the AD coaching football. Maybe he will add basketball to his duties as well!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't see that happening ... But seriously though, are there any names being said? I can ask my friend that works at SDHS but she probably don't know anything so some of you posters let's hear the names that's being thrown around...

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't see that happening ... But seriously though, are there any names being said? I can ask my friend that works at SDHS but she probably don't know anything so some of you posters let's hear the names that's being throw around...

Turtle,

This may be the equivalent of taking the ugly girl to the prom. Nobody wants that date but might have to take it if nothing better comes along /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />