Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most GP fans were quite shocked. We have been seeing really good GP teams the last 10 years and what they did Friday night was embarrassing. It was like they were scared to tackle. The running backs from WC were just straight arming the GP players. It looked like a 8th grade vs 12th grade. If GP would of wrapped them up, it would of been probably 8-0 WC. I know GP had 3-4 starters out, but that is no excuse. At least Coach Martin knows what to work on in practice this week. I think it will get better very soon. The Ravenwood game will tell us more.

GO COUGARS

Come on guys. This is High School football not life and death. It will all work out. Their either good or their not but let's not jump on these kids. Most important is they are healthy, go to class and graduate, and have a good time.

I'm sure they are disappointed and they certainly don't need armchair coaches on a message board talking down about them. That includes me. So I say let's chill out and see what happens going forward.

Come on guys. This is High School football not life and death. It will all work out. Their either good or their not but let's not jump on these kids. Most important is they are healthy, go to class and graduate, and have a good time.

I'm sure they are disappointed and they certainly don't need armchair coaches on a message board talking down about them. That includes me. So I say let's chill out and see what happens going forward.

Dont get all tore up johnjohn no one is putting down the kids, I for one was at the game, and as cougar stated there was no tackling and looked like they were wearing lead pumps. I do thank they have potential of having a good year but you have to do the basics.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the fundamentals of defense. Where is the talk about the offence? Last I heard GP had a MASSIVE O-LINE, MEAN FULLBACK, and a D-1 QUALITY QUARTERBACK. If you give up 28 and score 29 you win. GP didn't score. NO POINTS! :thumb: When is the last time that happened? Maybe the mid 80's.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the fundamentals of defense. Where is the talk about the offence? Last I heard GP had a MASSIVE O-LINE, MEAN FULLBACK, and a D-1 QUALITY QUARTERBACK. If you give up 28 and score 29 you win. GP didn't score. NO POINTS! :roflol: When is the last time that happened? Maybe the mid 80's.

Amen, Brother Ball Fan 44, Where is the offense? The Line might be massive, but they are slow, they lost all their running game when Ben Cunningham graduated. Plus, for the life of me please explain why they feel they have a D-1 quality QB? No offensive imagination, no offensive weapons and a 5 10" QB who can't throw and makes bad decisions. That's just the offense......defense and their ability to tackle is worse. You win championships with defense and GP can't tackle their way out of a paper sack! They don't even practice tackling!!!!! It is time for Martin to be put out to pasture and bring in some new thinking to this program. :roflol:

There seems to be a lot of talk about the fundamentals of defense. Where is the talk about the offence? Last I heard GP had a MASSIVE O-LINE, MEAN FULLBACK, and a D-1 QUALITY QUARTERBACK. If you give up 28 and score 29 you win. GP didn't score. NO POINTS! :roflol: When is the last time that happened? Maybe the mid 80's.

Amen, Brother Ball Fan 44, Where is the offense? The Line might be massive, but they are slow, they lost all their running game when Ben Cunningham graduated. Plus, for the life of me please explain why they feel they have a D-1 quality QB? No offensive imagination, no offensive weapons and a 5 10" QB who can't throw and makes bad decisions. That's just the offense......defense and their ability to tackle is worse. You win championships with defense and GP can't tackle their way out of a paper sack! They don't even practice tackling!!!!! It is time for Martin to be put out to pasture and bring in some new thinking to this program. :roflol:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am questioning the way they looked in an opening day game. You Jumped into the deep end of the pool. Coach out to pasture? Lets wait until we see if it gets better before we go that far. I did hear some fans mouthing about the direction the program is going in its recruitment (maybe that isn't the word I'm looking for) bringing in players from L-A UNA feeder system. I think at last count there are like 15 kids that should be on the team that quit. Pull up the roster from last year and count the names. Maybe you have a point Greaser.

There seems to be a lot of talk about the fundamentals of defense. Where is the talk about the offence? Last I heard GP had a MASSIVE O-LINE, MEAN FULLBACK, and a D-1 QUALITY QUARTERBACK. If you give up 28 and score 29 you win. GP didn't score. NO POINTS! :lol: When is the last time that happened? Maybe the mid 80's.

Amen, Brother Ball Fan 44, Where is the offense? The Line might be massive, but they are slow, they lost all their running game when Ben Cunningham graduated. Plus, for the life of me please explain why they feel they have a D-1 quality QB? No offensive imagination, no offensive weapons and a 5 10" QB who can't throw and makes bad decisions. That's just the offense......defense and their ability to tackle is worse. You win championships with defense and GP can't tackle their way out of a paper sack! They don't even practice tackling!!!!! It is time for Martin to be put out to pasture and bring in some new thinking to this program. :lol:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am questioning the way they looked in an opening day game. You Jumped into the deep end of the pool. Coach out to pasture? Lets wait until we see if it gets better before we go that far. I did hear some fans mouthing about the direction the program is going in its recruitment (maybe that isn't the word I'm looking for) bringing in players from L-A UNA feeder system. I think at last count there are like 15 kids that should be on the team that quit. Pull up the roster from last year and count the names. Maybe you have a point Greaser.

Ballfan44, you're right! I shouldn't be jumping off the deep end so soon. I'll give it the season to see what happens, but don't expect much! What I am expressing though is 5-8 years of good teams that have made it far into the playoff system and that's it! How can you go to the finals three straight years and get killed by Alcoa? Those three years combined they beat us by 121-19.....where is the offense or defense with these teams. Plus, they really only got to those games because of the play of Tracey Mayes and Cunningham. It has to be a coaching problem, and their inability to utilize talent in the proper positions.Then you take into account the numbers of players that have quit over the past two years...... The coaches are always looking for the answers in their recruits when they have plenty of players that have been at GP since kindergarden. If given the chance, don't you think they will get the job done! Coaches don't think so......Just doesn't make sense.