Cannon County

Gridiron88

good post but with the numbers so small for football he will need everything he can get....

Yes he will, I am still curious as to where all the players that complained about Bartsch are? They wanted a coaching change and now they have it. I hate that the numbers are small for football, and it may take coach Schrenk having some sucess before the numbers increase. The administration put the program in a bad situation and I can understand why prospective players would be hesitant to come out and play and until there are some results they may stay low. I hope that I am wrong but it could be reality

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is talking football, most are talking basketball and what rigby's done....I believe the new guy needs to get out and talk it up. He's been here long enough to where he should be out and about talking the talk...but i hear nothing. junior pee wee football sign ups over the last two weekends didn't hear anything about his involvement or if he even showed up???? doesn't sound like he plans to stay long if he's not looking ahead 4 to 5 years...sad

I agree he needs to be seen in the community on more than just friday nights. He needs to get out and sell himself and the program. That is part of coaching in a smaller town people want to see you and talk to you and feel like a part of the program

Schedule Looks Tough:

Besides the leagyue games the non-league games are no easy task. With Smith always being a tough draw each year and Dekalb County and York always being solid, I will say that the Lions will go 2-8 on this season. this is a tough draw for a new coach and new scheme. And from reading post from your own fans with only 30 kids out it will be tougher.

Schedule Looks Tough:

Besides the leagyue games the non-league games are no easy task. With Smith always being a tough draw each year and Dekalb County and York always being solid, I will say that the Lions will go 2-8 on this season. this is a tough draw for a new coach and new scheme. And from reading post from your own fans with only 30 kids out it will be tougher.

Don't know much about this District.

Which 2 games do you think Cannon will win?

I would think that they would have an easier time with MTCS than Scott County. They could go anywhere from 0-10 to 4-6 with that schedule. It is tough. I see possible wins with MTCS, Scott, West Creek, and Upperman. They may have a shot at Livingston. It all depends on the way the ball bounces.

I would think that they would have an easier time with MTCS than Scott County. They could go anywhere from 0-10 to 4-6 with that schedule. It is tough. I see possible wins with MTCS, Scott, West Creek, and Upperman. They may have a shot at Livingston. It all depends on the way the ball bounces.

I agree warrior things could go very good or very bad depending on several factors. Number of players has to increase and depends on how players respond to the spread being put in. Cannon Co. athletics are heading in a new direction now. There is a new athletic director who has a passion for improving things and not settling for the way things have been done here for so long and that is what has been needed for a very long time

Coach dodgen filling in at AD is one of the best things thats happened in CCHS in a long time, this can only be a positive for athletics at CCHS. Nobody believes that the football can make the playoffs?

I want to believe it bees, but I am very concerned with the low number of players, and I have no clue how well the players are picking up the new system and It is yet another new coach unfamiliar with our region so its going to take some adjusting.