Cannon County

Gridiron88

Y
I don't believe anyone is attempting to make this thread a CC vs SC situation. Yeah' date=' we know if it wasn't for the town of Carthage we wouldn't have CoachT becuase there would be no internet, so for that you have our respect. You keep winning region titles and falling flat on your face in the post season. But hey, you get there and we don't so more respect for you guys from us!

BTW, ya'll were dumb enough to hire Mayfield just like us, so don't go there anymore.[/quote']

Well supporter I guess I have to agree with you.

Except for AG

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Article in Daily News Journal tommorow featuring area's new coaches. I will be interested to see if Coach Schrenk mentions anything about his vision or plans for where he wants to take the program or how plans on increasing the numbers and what he says about generating interest back into the program. Should hopefully be an interesting article.

Owls 1, now your user name suggest you are an Owls fan :ph34r: but your posts reflect you are a Lions fan :wub: How can a Lion fan be Owl 1 :?:

Not an owls fan as my name may suggest. Im all Cannon County. Wont find a sporting event that i dont attend. Sorry for the confusion

Owls 1, now your user name suggest you are an Owls fan :) but your posts reflect you are a Lions fan :) How can a Lion fan be Owl 1 :geek:

Not an owls fan as my name may suggest. Im all Cannon County. Wont find a sporting event that i dont attend. Sorry for the confusion

No problem #1, we at SC just like your username :)

DNJ article didn't really show me anything I didn't know about coach Schrenk, just gave his background again. Article in Cannon Co. paper told about how he wanted to get interest in the program and excitement into the program, but he didn't really say how he was going to do that. Is he involved with jr high program? is he showing excitement and passion to the players? When school starts will he show excitement and enthusiasm to all the other students and prospective players? He talked about how building the program would take time, but even in high school athletics it is a what have you done for me lately world, just ask Coach Bartsch from last year when evidently 4-6 wasn't good enough and I know there were other factors that played into his dismissal, but people expect to see improvement on that 4-6 record not regression. He could be successful here but he has to be more pro-active in my opinion in getting excitement into the program and building a positive culture. It's nice to say the program needs more numbers and that he wants to bring excitement to the program, but how is he going to do it?

I guess we will see when school starts. I think he will go up & down the hall looking for players. I can tell you this its going to be better than last year. maybe not record wise but give this guy a chance. All I've heard for the last several years is that we need to throw more. OK. you got it. I think if Coach Dodgen & Coach Rigsby will get behind this guy you'll see improvement. Also he was at the Jr Lions practice thursday night

DNJ article didn't really show me anything I didn't know about coach Schrenk, just gave his background again. Article in Cannon Co. paper told about how he wanted to get interest in the program and excitement into the program, but he didn't really say how he was going to do that. Is he involved with jr high program? is he showing excitement and passion to the players? When school starts will he show excitement and enthusiasm to all the other students and prospective players? He talked about how building the program would take time, but even in high school athletics it is a what have you done for me lately world, just ask Coach Bartsch from last year when evidently 4-6 wasn't good enough and I know there were other factors that played into his dismissal, but people expect to see improvement on that 4-6 record not regression. He could be successful here but he has to be more pro-active in my opinion in getting excitement into the program and building a positive culture. It's nice to say the program needs more numbers and that he wants to bring excitement to the program, but how is he going to do it?

What suggestions do you have?

I guess we will see when school starts. I think he will go up & down the hall looking for players. I can tell you this its going to be better than last year. maybe not record wise but give this guy a chance. All I've heard for the last several years is that we need to throw more. OK. you got it. I think if Coach Dodgen & Coach Rigsby will get behind this guy you'll see improvement. Also he was at the Jr Lions practice thursday night

If facilities do not improve and number of players does not improve and excitement does not improve and if the record which is most important does not improve then how is it better than last year? Wins and losses are the ,most important factor. And we should only throw more if we have the personel to do it, you should't throw just for the sake of throwing. And I know Rigsby and Dodgen are behind him and I am to, I want him to stay here and be very succesful, but I also want to see his plans for the program and I want to see excitement and enthusiasm around the program. I want him to be the buzz all over the halls because of his passion for Cannon Co. football thats when more players will come. And it is very very good he came to jr lions practice. He should teach spread to jr. high coaches because thats the only way to build a successful program.

What suggestions do you have?

Most of suggestions are philosophys that the entire athletic program should follow. They are all from successful programs and it has been successful people that have taught them to me. In my opinion he has to bring more of a passion to the table. Evidently from the number of players, his message is not responding, which is fine as long as he is willing to open up to new methods. I am very huge on building a winning culture and to do that you have to imiatate what the best do. I go back to my Thomas MacDaniel example, befor him Oakland has just 40 players and 5 losing seasons. Because of his enthusiasm and passion for the program players started wanting to be apart of that and he ended up with over 100 players and a state title. That is the type pf personality Coach Schrenk must try and follow and he must look at other successful programs and see how they are ran and try and follow there model.

Who said they are not behind them... you? Did he? Why are we all supposed to get "behind" someone? Just do your job, teach the kids to excel after high school, work ethic, and to win football games. What improvement will be shown with the basketball coach's support? If they "get behind him" what will he gain? They have their own programs to worry about, and not asking Coach Shrenk for anything. I'm sure they want to see the team successful so that is not an issue, and you shouldn't come on here and make it sound like it is. Coach Shrenk is a big boy, and (form only meeting him twice) seems like a fine man who will do a decent job, so he doesn't need baskeball coaches to help him, nor should they or do they need him.--Good Luck Coach Shrenk, Dodgen, and Rigsby in all your res;pective sports.

Owls 1, now your user name suggest you are an Owls fan :lol: but your posts reflect you are a Lions fan :thumb: How can a Lion fan be Owl 1 :thumb:

This thursday Cannon county is scrimmaging at white county. Owls you going to be there? or you gunna be riding your 2 wheelers? haha

wildcat5 it is my understanding that you are going to school right now and you have a lot of suggestions for the new coach, that is great, but since you have never done the job and really do not have the full experience yet why dont you lay off the new coach and give him a chance to do what he thinks is best for the program. Its funny when someone gets a little bit of knowledge they think they know everything and try to force their opinions on everyone else. Buy you books send you to school what do you do....