Carly Dickens to C-Range?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea how far it is from York to Clarkrange but if it's a move to just load up another Clarkrange team,I guess as long as the town wins state championships,it still counts..But I'm with Pt.Guard in a post probably from a ways back..Kayla Hudson,star player from Gleason could have left Gleason and maybe went to Martin Westview but decided to stick it out with her home school and home town..If I remember ,wasn't given much of a chance but won State that year..It was due to hard work and maybe overachieving..a lot of pride..I thought the Dickens girl and another girl from York,I believe her name is Cook, were suppose to be two of the most talented freshmen in the State..Looks to me that they would want to stay together and win for their home town..not move and maybe have a chance to team up with the Clarkrange stars for maybe 1 year..I guess she would move back then though..If it's a move for a job or maybe family..a different matter..I'm sure before the season starts,Clarkrange with have a couple transfers..!

I have no idea how far it is from York to Clarkrange but if it's a move to just load up another Clarkrange team,I guess as long as the town wins state championships,it still counts..But I'm with Pt.Guard in a post probably from a ways back..Kayla Hudson,star player from Gleason could have left Gleason and maybe went to Martin Westview but decided to stick it out with her home school and home town..If I remember ,wasn't given much of a chance but won State that year..It was due to hard work and maybe overachieving..a lot of pride..I thought the Dickens girl and another girl from York,I believe her name is Cook, were suppose to be two of the most talented freshmen in the State..Looks to me that they would want to stay together and win for their home town..not move and maybe have a chance to team up with the Clarkrange stars for maybe 1 year..I guess she would move back then though..If it's a move for a job or maybe family..a different matter..I'm sure before the season starts,Clarkrange with have a couple transfers..!

I aint got a dog in the race like you and I think it is great that Hudson stayed and got the gold. York does not, IMO, do a good job with their athletics. Academics should come first (and I wouldn't think that is a problem) and then athletics...But this a sports web site, so I will stick to that.. And Clarkrange is not too far down the road, same county and all. And they support their basketball very well. But, I really don't see this happening but stranger things have happened. Rumors fly alot this time of year and I don't know for sure, but I don't think many have transferred from York to Clarkrange and vice versa..Alot of bad blood there. Most decide from elementary school to which school they are going I think. C.D. is a great player as is Cook. But York has had some pretty good players sitting in the stands the last few years for whatever reasons...Yet stayed competitive in 7-AA, but could have been better IMO.

I aint got a dog in the race like you and I think it is great that Hudson stayed and got the gold. York does not, IMO, do a good job with their athletics. Academics should come first (and I wouldn't think that is a problem) and then athletics...But this a sports web site, so I will stick to that.. And Clarkrange is not too far down the road, same county and all. And they support their basketball very well. But, I really don't see this happening but stranger things have happened. Rumors fly alot this time of year and I don't know for sure, but I don't think many have transferred from York to Clarkrange and vice versa..Alot of bad blood there. Most decide from elementary school to which school they are going I think. C.D. is a great player as is Cook. But York has had some pretty good players sitting in the stands the last few years for whatever reasons...Yet stayed competitive in 7-AA, but could have been better IMO.

Just rumor, but from what I have heard is that the coach is settling some old scores with some(Cook transfer) and tries to be too involved in personnel lives of others. My opinion is that you make the players responsible for the program and you do everything within your coaching abilities to help them be successful on the court and in the classroom. You don't worry about who someone's mommy and daddy is and you don't interfere in who is dating who.

Where is this rumor coming from? She did come to alot of CR games when her season was over to support one of her good friends that plays on that team. I believe that is it. I think too much is being read into that.

She is not the one I look for to transfer. There is another freshman who got benched when she started dating the ex-boyfriend of another player. (rumor throughout the community, this is what the coach supposedly told her)

This is what is circulting around the whole community, I hope it is not true, I have to believe it is not true. But has come from several who are "in the know".

I beleive that this could be the "best" decision for a player with this much talent. A lot of us district watchers have witnessed some strange decisions being made from the York coaching staff this past season. Maybe it is their way of doing it up there, but it is not working. I believe that CD would have a very successfull career at C-Range. This is one that is up to CD and her family. I wish them the best of luck in deciding.

One last thought.....The problems with the coaching staff and teams not being successful at YAI began when the last coach to win a state title left, and it has only snowballed from there: Linder to Winningham to Storie. Until there are decisions that are made in the best interest of the student athletes, and not the political world of J-town, it will not remedy itself.

Thanks Big Daddy..I didn't know they were in the same county..That would make a move even easier..Just rent a house a few minutes away..I know a lot of star players leave to be on a loaded team and parents will leave for the best interest they think is best for their child..Wasn't really putting Clarkrange down..or at least not for that intent..I just thought maybe those players being as young and as good as they are would want to put their school on the map and their community to have something to brag about..I'm sure if we had a star player want to transfer to Lake Co from a close vinicity..I'd be happy..We're off in a corner of the world that keeps that from happening..Not much moving to Lake Co..Hopefully the new port will help bring some families..Most players that grow up in Lake Co actually wants to stay there with friends and with no much to do..the community supports the teams..I'm sure before the season starts,Clarkrange will have 1 or 2 new players transfer because they are a powerhouse about every year and most players want to play for schools like that.!

Thanks Big Daddy..I didn't know they were in the same county..That would make a move even easier..Just rent a house a few minutes away..I know a lot of star players leave to be on a loaded team and parents will leave for the best interest they think is best for their child..Wasn't really putting Clarkrange down..or at least not for that intent..I just thought maybe those players being as young and as good as they are would want to put their school on the map and their community to have something to brag about..I'm sure if we had a star player want to transfer to Lake Co from a close vinicity..I'd be happy..We're off in a corner of the world that keeps that from happening..Not much moving to Lake Co..Hopefully the new port will help bring some families..Most players that grow up in Lake Co actually wants to stay there with friends and with no much to do..the community supports the teams..I'm sure before the season starts,Clarkrange will have 1 or 2 new players transfer because they are a powerhouse about every year and most players want to play for schools like that.!

CR has had 1 big transfer in 10+ years. That was MH. We had one transfer from York who chose to sit out a year instead of play for York. I believe it was because of some personnel issues as well. Will not get into it, but most from up here understand why. We don't get 1 or 2 trasfers every year as all of you suggest. All but 1 is from Fentress Co. and the same will be next year.

CR has had 1 big transfer in 10+ years. That was MH. We had one transfer from York who chose to sit out a year instead of play for York. I believe it was because of some personnel issues as well. Will not get into it, but most from up here understand why. We don't get 1 or 2 trasfers every year as all of you suggest. All but 1 is from Fentress Co. and the same will be next year.

Thanks option..That's not hardly any at all..I'm surprised at that..Seems like Clarkrange and Jackson Co are loaded every year..If that's the case..just have to hand it to Clarkrange and their community..have some excellent players throughout the years and must have some fine coaches as well..Maybe all the rest of us will just have to get better!