Carly Dickens to C-Range?

Jimbo, I am over it, well trying to get over it /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" .....Gets my dander up when people get on here and say how great their team WOULD have been without these transfers.....COME ON Jimbo, they are both continually high scorers, great rebounders, etc etc, no team would be losers with these players. Not saying their teams would not be awesome anyway, but with the addition of players like this, it's hardly an even playing field and IF the shoe were on the other foot, they would feel the same way!!!! ( as evidenced by the hoopla at CR when JC got their star!!! )

The thing is that you are not pointing out the two girls that transferred from CR, thay would of made a big difference but went to Stone. Dishmon and Brown. Both quality players and possibly would have helped this group of girls win three instead of one championship. You get two girls in last ten years that and all of a sudden we are a recruiting juggernaut. You people are very uninformed and ignorant to the situations. If you don't know, don't just make it up. They would of won it anyways, like it or not. Molly just made it easier.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that you are not pointing out the two girls that transferred from CR, thay would of made a big difference but went to Stone. Dishmon and Brown. Both quality players and possibly would have helped this group of girls win three instead of one championship. You get two girls in last ten years that and all of a sudden we are a recruiting juggernaut. You people are very uninformed and ignorant to the situations. If you don't know, don't just make it up. They would of won it anyways, like it or not. Molly just made it easier.

Optioss I agree with you and will you tell me if c'range has had players from morgan co. the past years ,a fentress co. person from the north end told us at the game last year that morgan co. and Jamestown supplied the lady buffaloes with a lot of talent down through the years and I can't figure who they would be and I have kept up with Lamars teams since the 70's

Options...I have not made anything up and have only responded with an opinion to this thread and to the opinion that CR would have won everything anyway....I don't agree...I am not rude, I don't belittle the young ladies for transferring....but I have an opinion about transfers, which I have a right to.....lots of schools get transfers in every sport, for lots of individual reasons.....I don't pretend to know what those reasons are and as I stated before, it's legal so have at it....HOWEVER when transfers occur..for whatever reason.... and that transfer is, for lack of a better term a "franchise player" and as I understand it, Miss Dickens is going to be awesome also, it makes news and it gets talked about and the what ifs and the what fors are going to be debated...and frankly I cannot say whether CR would have won every game and the Gold Ball with or without the transfer but in all fairness neither can you, they were an awesome team, she is an awesome player. We played CR at MTSU last week, and I was eagerly anticipating the game, but for whatever reason Lamar played his JV against us in what was supposed to be a Varsity game...so our coach pulled his varsity and played his JV also. Surprisingly ( I thought ), CR had lost to Lincoln Cty earlier so I wondered if that was why??? Just thought it was odd, obviously he can do as he wishes with his team, and I am certainly not questioning his motives.

I will tell you all from a personal standpoint that I ran my mouth about Laken Leonard all of 2007-08 season and then she beat us in state finals. I had a nice piece of humble pie when Molly moved in and helps us go 39-0 and win it all last year. Molly Heady is an outstanding person, as well as an athlete. Now Carley has made the move and most every 8th grader in the county wants a shot to play at Clarkrange. I wish all the kids success no matter where or what they play. I hate the fact that York was the place Carley left. I want York to be win and be successful too. I dont know Carley very well, but I hope she does well and it benefits her. I look forward to supporting our teams this year.

You dont have to recruit players. Success brings attention to your program and provides kids close to Clarkrange with an opportunity to be a part of it.

What I have learned from this is that it happens alot and if people are following the rules and the rules provide for a move, who am I to run my mouth about it all the time??? (who am i to run my moouth about 99% of the stuff i fuss about...lol) If you dont agree with transfers, have you every went thru the proper channels to get the rules changed?

I respect AuntKim and her opinion, but I think she would have a different take on this if someone like a Lauren March had moved in to Forrest last year and they would have run the table. AuntKim, what would you say about this if you were on the other side of it and you got to know some of these girls like Molly or Carley? Would you be so quick to be critical? I was very critical of Leonard's family, but was more ticked that they had kicked our tail than anything. I am not saying either of us would agree with transferring, but if it was my kid and they wanted it and it would benefit them or make them happier, I would do it and most anyone would if they thought they were doing what was best for their kid.

and about the JV playing against Forrest...I do not think that was meant to be disrespectful...please do not take it that way....it is just camp...

Well said Buffalo Fan....As I said wayyyy back on pg 4 of this thread, the ladies can play where they choose and if the parents are willing to relocate then fine, it's legal so have at it. I am sure any school would LOVE to have a player the caliber of Laken, Molly or Carly transfer in ( except for the player who had been a part of the team for a long time and loses playing time because they are not as talented.....) that's life I guess!! No team or coach is going to refuse to let a transfer play and I am sure Forrest is no different. We had a transfer couple years back, she was good but did not play as much as she or her parents thought she should, so she transferred again and is now starting for a very good team.....I was mostly responding to the comment about how good CR was and would have won it all with or without Miss Heady....we will never know, but I do know this....when a player of this caliber transfers it darn sure affects the outcome of your season! Anyway I did not think Lamar was disrespecting Forrest, I was just wondering why he did not play his Varsity in what was supposed to be a Varsity game. We won JV against JV..... because as soon as our Coach realized he put in our JV. I was surprised that CR Varsity lost to Lincoln Cty and was wondering if that was why..... as some form of wake up call for your Varsity! This is definately ONLY camp....as CR will be in top form when the season begins. Take Care and Good Luck to y'all this season!

Well said Buffalo Fan....As I said wayyyy back on pg 4 of this thread, the ladies can play where they choose and if the parents are willing to relocate then fine, it's legal so have at it. I am sure any school would LOVE to have a player the caliber of Laken, Molly or Carly transfer in ( except for the player who had been a part of the team for a long time and loses playing time because they are not as talented.....) that's life I guess!! No team or coach is going to refuse to let a transfer play and I am sure Forrest is no different. We had a transfer couple years back, she was good but did not play as much as she or her parents thought she should, so she transferred again and is now starting for a very good team.....I was mostly responding to the comment about how good CR was and would have won it all with or without Miss Heady....we will never know, but I do know this....when a player of this caliber transfers it darn sure affects the outcome of your season! Anyway I did not think Lamar was disrespecting Forrest, I was just wondering why he did not play his Varsity in what was supposed to be a Varsity game. We won JV against JV..... because as soon as our Coach realized he put in our JV. I was surprised that CR Varsity lost to Lincoln Cty and was wondering if that was why..... as some form of wake up call for your Varsity! This is definately ONLY camp....as CR will be in top form when the season begins. Take Care and Good Luck to y'all this season!

Auntkim, how did you feel when the girl transfered in from Culleoka to play shortstop on the softball team??? She sure helped you guys win a lot of games.

Also, your softball coach sent your JV team to play a regular season softball game at Spring Hill. I know that did not sit to well with them as the scores showed in that and the game at Forrest.

Good luck to all /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Auntkim, how did you feel when the girl transfered in from Culleoka to play shortstop on the softball team??? She sure helped you guys win a lot of games.

Also, your softball coach sent your JV team to play a regular season softball game at Spring Hill. I know that did not sit to well with them as the scores showed in that and the game at Forrest.

Good luck to all :flower

Well, I don't follow softball at Forrest like I do basketball but can I say the same thing everyone else does....we were so awesome we would have won em all anyway!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Just teasing.....I don't like it when ANY team including one at Forrest, depends on transfers to win championships......but again I stated it's legal so have at it, I am sure Forrest was talked about in the softball circles, and I am also sure they would welcome a transfer in basketball.....and I am also sure I would eat CROW as I embraced the transfer! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Marshall County had all 3 basketball teams at State this year...how fair would it have been if the best players on all three teams were on one team, because they all transferred to play together to win, BUT were all from the same County??? I never intended to infer that Lamar was belittling our team by playing his JV, we beat them for goodness sakes...I was just wondering WHY...but it's obviously for him to know and me to find out...Why in heaven's name did Coach Cheatham send the JV to play a regular season game????? Was she disrespecting Spring Hill or was there another reason???

Good luck to all :flower

Well, I don't follow softball at Forrest like I do basketball but can I say the same thing everyone else does....we were so awesome we would have won em all anyway!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Just teasing.....I don't like it when ANY team including one at Forrest, depends on transfers to win championships......but again I stated it's legal so have at it, I am sure Forrest was talked about in the softball circles, and I am also sure they would welcome a transfer in basketball.....and I am also sure I would eat CROW as I embraced the transfer! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Marshall County had all 3 basketball teams at State this year...how fair would it have been if the best players on all three teams were on one team, because they all transferred to play together to win, BUT were all from the same County??? I never intended to infer that Lamar was belittling our team by playing his JV, we beat them for goodness sakes...I was just wondering WHY...but it's obviously for him to know and me to find out...Why in heaven's name did Coach Cheatham send the JV to play a regular season game????? Was she disrespecting Spring Hill or was there another reason???

She picked up a extra game at the Border Battle Tourney. I can only assume she thought it would be a better game. Her JV team lost 7-0. When Spring Hill went to Forrest they beat Forrest Varsity 7-1. I don't know if coach cheatham meant to do it, but the spring hill team felt very disrespected.

But anyway.....this is a basketball board /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

C-Range and York are both in the same county, so i don't see why it should be a big issue as to where kids play ball and get their education. If the athelectic department was not so political as York maybe players would stay their and play, but i must say it all depends on what your last name is or who you are related to, to play at York. I think Yorks girls ball teams started going down hill after Lee Linder resigned from the position as coach. And as for the Storie girl that is a JOKE

I am not sure of what is going on at york, but their have been 5 freshman girls that live much closer to york than they do to clarkrange plus Carly transferring, that are coming to clarkrange to play ball. These girls would get a lot more playing time at york as a freshman but for whatever reason would rather sit on the bench at clarkrange than play at york

I am not sure of what is going on at york, but their have been 5 freshman girls that live much closer to york than they do to clarkrange plus Carly transferring, that are coming to clarkrange to play ball. These girls would get a lot more playing time at york as a freshman but for whatever reason would rather sit on the bench at clarkrange than play at york

Want to make sure I read this right, Clarkrange got 5 freshmans in Yorks district that would have got varsity playing time at York.

They would of won it anyways, like it or not. Molly just made it easier.

They lost the sixth player off of a Silverball team. Lots of horsepower there. The road to the 'Boro was still open. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Molly comes along and they run the table. Go figure. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

With graduation losses they still look like the A team to beat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />