Carly Dickens to C-Range?

I know I should know this......what are the rules for a player having to sit out a year when they move??

There is no such rule. If you play sports you must live in the area of the transfer. Live there

mail address, water, phone elec., the whole works. And may I one more time say most

moves are because of politics, and low class system, and mistreatment. A great athlete

in some systems receives really bad treatment. Jealousy, politics, parents and so on.

If you find this so hard to believe, go check it out, if you can't live with it. Aunt Kim I

was not meaning you, but some of these who get on here with their mind already made

up.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Then why would mrbigster say a few left Lake Co. to play somewhere else? Isn't Lake Co. in 14A? Didn't I read were a kid named Morgan from Bradford moved? If so where did she go?

I really don't have a problem if a family moves but don't think it's fair for a player to drive to another county and play for another school without making a move..Sit out a year and I'll bet they wouldn't have left..In Carly's case..if she moved..no problem..If Morgan and her family moves from Bradford..no problem..I can name at least 6 players over the past several seasons that lived in Lake Co but drove and played for different schools..!And to tell the truth..because of the rules..mine may drive from Newbern to play at Lake co the next two years..!I still don't think it's fair..But mine doesn't have a sports record at all..not a star..have always went to every Lake Co game since he's been two years old even though he goes to Dyer Co..

There is no such rule. If you play sports you must live in the area of the transfer. Live there

mail address, water, phone elec., the whole works. And may I one more time say most

moves are because of politics, and low class system, and mistreatment. A great athlete

in some systems receives really bad treatment. Jealousy, politics, parents and so on.

If you find this so hard to believe, go check it out, if you can't live with it. Aunt Kim I

was not meaning you, but some of these who get on here with their mind already made

up.

Big Daddy is right..If you go to a school..can't go to another unless a bonafide change of address..If not..have to sit out one year unless the player doesn't have a sports record for that sport..My son can go from Newbern and play at Lake Co now because he hasn't palyed any sports..But if he decides to come back to Dyer Co..would have to sit out a year because we didn't move...If we move to Lake Co..he can play immediately..then if we decide to move back to Newbern..would be eligible to play immediately again..You can't live in Clarkrange or go to school there and then transfer to York ..even if it's only a block away unless the family moves..And the player or family can't have two addresses..

I really don't have a problem if a family moves but don't think it's fair for a player to drive to another county and play for another school without making a move..Sit out a year and I'll bet they wouldn't have left..In Carly's case..if she moved..no problem..If Morgan and her family moves from Bradford..no problem..I can name at least 6 players over the past several seasons that lived in Lake Co but drove and played for different schools..!And to tell the truth..because of the rules..mine may drive from Newbern to play at Lake co the next two years..!I still don't think it's fair..But mine doesn't have a sports record at all..not a star..have always went to every Lake Co game since he's been two years old even though he goes to Dyer Co..

mrbigster...wasn't trying to drag you into any thing, just reminding daroundball that Lake Co. was in 14A and daroundball said folks didn't move out of 14A or 14AA to other schools.... I am like you, I don't mind what any family does when done properly. Really for that matter it shouldn't matter because I can not tell you whats best for your family and vice-versa and when it boils down to it, thats all any parent would/could/should try to do (that being best for the family).

I guess i shouldn't have said all 14a. The morgan girl does not want to change schools next year, her parents are moving because of work, and she will be missed. I do not know anything about the lake co. system. but the general practice in 14a is the kids play were they grew up and were the parents played. like one post said you can walk in the bradford school and see the pictures of the current players parents on the wall. I am not saying it is wrong for these girls to change schools, i am saying most 14a state champs are home grown. If you move you play the next year. If you transfer with out a move you set out a year. It has become the norm for kids to change schools and sometimes it works out for the kids. I would not want my kids to split from friends to play sports. H/S is the best time for most kids and trying to move kids for sports is not always the best choice. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Really? Then why would mrbigster say a few left Lake Co. to play somewhere else? Isn't Lake Co. in 14A? Didn't I read were a kid named Morgan from Bradford moved? If so where did she go?

I guess i shouldn't have said all 14a. The morgan girl does not want to change schools next year, her parents are moving because of work, and she will be missed. I do not know anything about the lake co. system. but the general practice in 14a is the kids play were they grew up and were the parents played. like one post said you can walk in the bradford school and see the pictures of the current players parents on the wall. I am not saying it is wrong for these girls to change schools, i am saying most 14a state champs are home grown. If you move you play the next year. If you transfer with out a move you set out a year. It has become the norm for kids to change schools and sometimes it works out for the kids. I would not want my kids to split from friends to play sports. H/S is the best time for most kids and trying to move kids for sports is not always the best choice. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You're right..Most people will stay home and play for their schools..Most of the people that left Lake Co were from very well to do families..Can't blame the girls wanting to play at Bradford..Very impressive to walk in that gym and see the retired jerseys,state championship trophies,and all the Miss Basketball award winners..!Some of us would love to have at least one..Hopefully T.T.Flowers will be able to make a run for a state title and a Miss Basketball before she's through..May not this year but hopefully before she graduates.Never know though..Never can tell about injuries,moving..a lot of things happening !

mrbigster...wasn't trying to drag you into any thing, just reminding daroundball that Lake Co. was in 14A and daroundball said folks didn't move out of 14A or 14AA to other schools.... I am like you, I don't mind what any family does when done properly. Really for that matter it shouldn't matter because I can not tell you whats best for your family and vice-versa and when it boils down to it, thats all any parent would/could/should try to do (that being best for the family).

People are going to do what they think is best for their sons and daughters..If a family can get a scholarship instead of having to pay for college..can't argue with that..but usually if a kid is talented..they will be found..Sometimes a kid can be surrounded by so much talent..they may not look as good as they would if they were on a team and they are the so called star..Then again..if you're on a great team..colleges may come look at another player and find someone else..Never know..!I really can't blame a person for doing what the rules allow...Dyer Co had a freshman baseball player drive from Ripley..He would have helped Ripley ,I'm sure..but he helped win a State Championship for Dyer Co..Same for the Reedy girl that moved to Gibson Co from Obion Central..She was part of a State Championship..So ..for them and their families..looks to be a no brainer..!But still..I can see Reedy being allowed by the TSSAA to play at Gibson Co..She made a move as far as I have read..The pitcher from Ripley..I believe by rule ..should have had to play at Ripley where he is zoned or his family move..And if the family didn't want to move and he still wanted to go to Dyer Co..That's fine..but sit out a year..

Jackson County won four straight with home town girls whose moms were great ball players too anf they were from JC as well. They get one great transfer and one title with her and you have lumped them in the crowd..Not fair to the program in my opinion. I would bet money that Clarkrange has done the same with the most of their titles with the exception of one transfer last year and I still say they wold have won it without her as they returned a heckuva team before the transfer.

I don't know....I guess because they have the numbers to stay in A. No body was complaining about Jackson Countywhen Jackson was one the smallest schools in AA and won 4 straight!

Why don't you get your team to work harder?

Good post and probably the way of it from now on....But Livingston Academy since the 90 season has 4 gold balls and 4 silver balls all with hometown girls (or at least to the best of my knowledge). Maybe we are more the exception than the rule.

Go ask those kids that worked hard in practice everyday how hollow they are!

Yeah, start with the one that didnt want to stay at her school and "work hard" and then the player that would have played more if transfer had stayed at her school and "worked hard"

Yeah, start with the one that didnt want to stay at her school and "work hard" and then the player that would have played more if transfer had stayed at her school and "worked hard"

I would have expected nothing less from you..you know "poor lil ole me" attitude or "listen lil tommy or susie, you have a new teammate who is better than you so lets not like them or throw them the ball cause they are not from here" or "don't try to work harder to keep a spot"... Do you think something is just handed over to them because they transfer..Puhleeeze. I don't know who you support, but if they are no tougher skinned than you then success probably will not come your way often. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hmm lets see i think your memory has went blank on this one C-range has never had two twins transfer from york and won state championships , but now jackson county has i think you got your wires crossed just a little

now I believe you also have wires crossed and went blank too because JC never won a state championship with the twins

The tenn titans get paid to play and the tenn vols are getting the education paid for so both are getting something in exchange. These are public schools were the playing fields are suppose to be kept equal. It sounds like to me you need to be a fan of a private schools because these ideas you love so much would then be legal.

the idea I have now is legal and your absolutley right I have the idea parents should decide whats best for thier child and if they want to move we can't tell them they can't or we'll not let your child partipate.

Seriously, honestly, are you comparing this thread and high school transfers to the Tennessee Vols, the Tennessee Titans, and YOUR CHURCH?? You are also saying that as long as they "produce a quality game to watch and are competive (sic) and display quality entertainment," you do not care where they came from. I understand you to say that to heck with my kids, grandkids, nieces, or nephews if they can't play ball, then tough, we need to get someone from the outside that can? Are you also saying that you welcome everyone into your church, but probably more so if you can bring home a championship? That is pretty much what I get from your post. Of course, with one long sentence and no punctuation it was sometimes hard to follow, but who needs English when you can bring home that gold trophy?

I'm saying we live in a free country, to support what team we want to and if if a family is in a situation where their child isn't achieving academicly or in sports because their last name isn't right or the coach or teacher can't or won't get their ability to peak to achieve success and they legally move to better thier child then thats their business not ours.The (sic ) you allude to is the jealously you process and I did not say the heck with any kids in fact I want whats best for your kids and mine but it may not be where they grew up. Learn to read slow because I type slow then maybe you can read a long sentence and not so badly misrepresent what it says.And this thread is about sports not english with your capital letter and a gold ball feels pretty good.