7AAA

coachof3

Internet finally up or I would have posted last night. Well said " rhssoccerbro " , Riverdale definetly the better team last night. But sometimes in soccer the better team doesn't win. As in last nights game , a miscue by Blackman goalie on the first score, a non call in the box ( handball ), very obvious , on a shot by Blackman , a non call inthe box ( Blackman forward tackled ) , and finally a clean slide tackle by Blackman called a foul which turned into a goal .So , it could have been say 3-3 in a perfect world . But thats soccer and we move on . Big wakeup call for Blackman .

Blackmans goalie kept them in the game the first half. He did get caught on Pleitez' goal, but he also made 3 or 4 superb stops and saves with his same aggressive style. I didn't see the handball in question and the ref was way out of position when the Blackman player was taken down in the box, but this game could have been 5-1 just as easily as 3-3. One thing that did get old really fast, was the non-stop verbal abuse of the ref by some of those in attendance. He missed calls both ways, but didn't cause either team to win or lose.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the posts, I want to make clear that I didn't mean to put blame on the ref as if he decided the game either way because, obviously, Riverdale prevailed. Seeing that it may have come out wrong, I don't want to take anything away from the Riverdale players. My only other objection is that in all that I read about the strong teams in 7AAA or in AAA in general, it seems that Riverdale is constantly over-looked. Some may not admit it but I saw some posts about the strongest young teams around and, of course, Blackman was mentioned as well as others including Warren County but barely a whisper about Riverdale. My brother plays for Murfreesboro Strikers and is a freshman at Riverdale along with almost his entire Strikers team. The ones that aren't on the team this year will be freshmen next year. That's 4 years of Strikers (who played in the State Championship game in the off-season) and 4 years of Riverdale together.....This team is going to be huge and unstoppable in the near future and it is mind-boggling that no one recognizes it. I'm very excited about Riverdale soccer and the HUGE things that will be done soon enough!!

Don't worry. Riverdale is never overlooked by any of their opponents. We know what kind of team they have had, have and will have.

Just keep in mind that most of the posts about Blackman, Warren Co., etc are made by people close to those teams. If any of us want to get our team noticed on here for the right reasons, post it, post it with class (not an attack or you or anyone else, I just hate some of the trash talk on here) and people will read it and take it to heart.

The next two weeks should be very intersting with Riverdale, Siegel and Cookeville all playing each other.

Cookeville 2 - Chattanooga Christian 2

Interesting game. 3 of the 4 goals came as the result of questionable officitiating (including 2 penalty kicks). Cookeville equalized in the last minute of the game after pushing everyone up for a corner. CCS had more of the run of play in the first half, and the second half Cookeville did more of the pressing. Pretty good game all around.

Tight race between 3rd 4th and 5th ....

This district is tight this year.

Riverdale may sweep it out.

Districts will be fun.

Riverdale could sweep it.. definite possibility. Between Siegel and Cookeville, Siegel would be the team to possibly beat Riverdale (even with their giant loss to Blackman, I think they will be better prepared to play a team like Riverdale). Its not likely, but it could definitely happen. That would definitely make things very, very interesting if Siegel could pull off the tie or upset. Cookeville hasn't played the "strength" of the district yet, with Blackman, Riverdale, and Siegel left on their schedule and their loss to Oakland doesn't help them out much...

My prediction:

1. Riverdale

2. Blackman

3. Siegel

4. Oakland

5. Cookeville

6. Lebanon

7. White County

8. Warren County

Riverdale could sweep it.. definite possibility. Between Siegel and Cookeville, Siegel would be the team to possibly beat Riverdale (even with their giant loss to Blackman, I think they will be better prepared to play a team like Riverdale). Its not likely, but it could definitely happen. That would definitely make things very, very interesting if Siegel could pull off the tie or upset. Cookeville hasn't played the "strength" of the district yet, with Blackman, Riverdale, and Siegel left on their schedule and their loss to Oakland doesn't help them out much...

My prediction:

1. Riverdale

2. Blackman

3. Siegel

4. Oakland

5. Cookeville

6. Lebanon

7. White County

8. Warren County

Very well put.

Agreed on this but move Oakland up 1 and you have it set. Siegel is playing good ball now but who knows what Cookeville can pull out.

Very well put.

Agreed on this but move Oakland up 1 and you have it set. Siegel is playing good ball now but who knows what Cookeville can pull out.

With Siegel's win over Oakland, I think that it's a safer bet to have Siegel over Oakland for 3rd. It really depends on how Siegel plays within the next district games. They should beat Cookeville, but they could also lose just as easily (as proved by their match against Blackman). Their match with Riverdale is more against them, but they have home field advantage so you never know what could happen.

With Siegel's win over Oakland, I think that it's a safer bet to have Siegel over Oakland for 3rd. It really depends on how Siegel plays within the next district games. They should beat Cookeville, but they could also lose just as easily (as proved by their match against Blackman). Their match with Riverdale is more against them, but they have home field advantage so you never know what could happen.

It is safer and your right.. But it all depends on which Siegel team plays vs Cookeville and Lebanon as for Riverdale, there very strong as long as they come out hott then they should be alright.

Don't worry. Riverdale is never overlooked by any of their opponents. We know what kind of team they have had, have and will have.

Just keep in mind that most of the posts about Blackman, Warren Co., etc are made by people close to those teams. If any of us want to get our team noticed on here for the right reasons, post it, post it with class (not an attack or you or anyone else, I just hate some of the trash talk on here) and people will read it and take it to heart.

The next two weeks should be very intersting with Riverdale, Siegel and Cookeville all playing each other.

I appreciate your polite comment. Very politically correct. I know that what I said may have seemed like trash talk in some way to some people, not directed at you or anyone else, but I was simply expressing my excitement for Riverdale and the reasons for why I am. I think this is a great district and am very excited to see how this year, as well as the years to come, will play out. It's a very competitive district and I wouldn't have it any other way. Seeing how the year has been so far, I can't wait to see the final stretch. We will get to see who really wants it and who really deserves it. Can't wait!