7AAA

coachof3

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was. Siegel a little short-handed in this one. No head coach(sick), started the game down one starter, another starter didn't return after halftime( was told he was sick). They came out flat, missed a ton of breakaways not a good night. Smyrna's final goal came on a deflected free kick in stoppage time, so the final is a little deceiving, but Smyrna played their game, offsides trap, pack it in with the lead, well. Siegel didn't.

Cookeville and Riverdale should be a good matchup on Tuesday. Ucles vs. Compton in the middle will be fun to watch.

Both scored two goals. Patrick's goals were the first two scored. One was off of a nice passing drill that weaved through the Cookeville defense and ended with a pass from David Pleitez back to Patrick who scored a low left corner shot past the keeper. The second goal was a header by Patrick off of a corner kick. Both of Ucles' goals were PK's one of which was justified and the other was questionable but it was what the ref saw. As for the 'matchup in the middle' between Compton and Ucles, I will leave for others to comment as I am biased toward one of them. Patrick did tell me that he thought Ucles was very good.

I'd have to say that Patrick won the matchup. Roger was invisible for much of the second half.

As for the PKs, they were both clumsy challenges. First one was pretty unlucky for Riverdale, as the Cookeville player had his back to the goal and was going away from the goal. Not really a goal-scoring opportunity, but that's how it goes sometimes. The second one, although it appeared to be completely unintentional, easily could have been a card, as the Cookeville forward was clear to goal.

Riverdale was very good. They played very fluid soccer, and they love that give-and-go.