Palmetto Cup

winner123

Seems Eastside (SC) was in the hardest group of the four. Norman North (OK) was in it, Wando (SC) was in it and Eastside (SC) was in it.

Norman North beat Eastside, Wando beat Norman North, Eastside beat Wando. All 3 teams in some poll are ranked in the top 25 in the nation. pretty tough group. All 3 were 2-1-0. Eastside won the group with 19pts(having to do with wins and goals scored). Norman North 18pts including -1 for a red card, but Norman North would have lost because of goal differential anyways..

Irmo was not in the tournament, and neither was other power Northwestern.

Irmo must have a heck of an athletic program. Their football teams are regularly ranked nationally. they must use the name, Irmo, to sneak up on opponents. Looks like Tennessee teams represented the state very well. Norman North used to be a regular at Parkview's (GA) tournament in Atlanta.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An All Knoxville final would be nice, but so far that might not happen. Farragut gave up a goal 1 minute into the game... apparently there was a bad clear by the goalie? 1-0 Eastside (SC) 30 minutes in.

Farragut four games and scoring four goals. There is only so much goalies/defense can do. Good showing only giving up two goals whole tournament.

Irmo must have a heck of an athletic program. Their football teams are regularly ranked nationally. they must use the name, Irmo, to sneak up on opponents. Looks like Tennessee teams represented the state very well. Norman North used to be a regular at Parkview's (GA) tournament in Atlanta.

If I remember correctly, Irmo had won the state soccer title 16 times in 25 years! Not too shabby!

final is Eastside 4 Knox West 1.

here is Farragut's boxscore

9:30 Semifinal: Eastside 2:1 Farragut

Halftime: E 1-0 F.

Goals: (E) Miguel Teos (2), (F) Brandon Klarner

Assists:

Shots: E 9-7 F.

Saves: (E) James Garilas 3, (F) Shea Beltran 2.

Corner Kicks: E 1-2 F.

Offsides: E 4-0 F.

Fouls: E 16-20 F.

Cautions: (F) Sean Donahue, Kendrick Schuettler

Officials: Joe Balazs, Kamran Azad, Steve Darnell

Weather: 65 Degrees; mostly sunny.

Records: F (8-1-2); E (11-2)

Eastside 3-0 half. Tanner red card (no details).

Eastside 4-1 final.

Looks like Tanner will miss next two games due to red card: Clinton on Tuesday and Farragut on Friday. Unless McCoy squeezes in another game before Friday/Farragut, a huge hole for West to fill. Tanner's red was their 2nd for tourney, but two game suspension satisfied while in S.C. Farragut also had a red card, Carlos Ramos missed semi-final in tourney and will need to sit out the Maryville game.

it seems that he played in goal only sometimes during the tournament because if you look at the stats he had a hat trick in one game

I noticed that as well. Simply assuming, I would say the coach let him play on the field that game because he knew they could win and wanted Tanner to get some goals while in SC. It's sad he won't get to participate against Farragut. I, too, would like to know how the red came about.

I noticed that as well. Simply assuming, I would say the coach let him play on the field that game because he knew they could win and wanted Tanner to get some goals while in SC. It's sad he won't get to participate against Farragut. I, too, would like to know how the red came about.

I Think we all know how tanners frustration and temper can get ahead of him. Kyle pulled him out of the goal had scored the first goal, assuming the transition between goalie and attacking mid, probably made him frustrated. Supposedly the center ref was not calling all the right calls and tanner made a careless foul from behind in the middle third of the field. West picked it up in the second half without him with jacks goal and only letting one goal into their own net.

Thought you were going to become a plus member....