tullahoma baseball whats happened

tigerjcjrjk

Thanks Columbia Guy

Many times parents and fans don't see the whole picture. In the case of this years Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball Team your comments are 100% on target. Little League and Babe Ruth Baseball are in no way close to AAA High School Baseball and for this reason to compare them is not Fair or Right to do this to the fine Coaches of Tullahoma Wildcat Baseball. The coaching staff at Tullahoma High Baseball is a very good and hard working staff. All three coaches played college baseball and have forgotten more baseball than most parents will ever know. The senior class of this team has always under achieved. I know for a fact that the coaching staff have put in many long hours with this team this year and the kids keep on making the same mistakes over and over. Also this team is lacking leadership from its senior and junior players. If there is a answer to this question I'm going to answer it like this. If you are a player or parent then look in the mirror because the problem with this years team started many years ago. It just didn't happen overnight. No matter how hard the coaches work they cannot overcome whats taken place with these senior and junior players over the last 7-8 years. Also there are supposed to be better players coming up in the sophmore and freshman class but we'll all have to wait see. Will they take to the coaching or will they follow down the path the present Senior and Junior class has chosen to take and stay on. Remember the Coaches can't catch the ball and throw for them in the games. The coaches can't swing the bat for them in the game or run the bases for them in the game. The coaches haven't made all these errors that have cost this team more than half their games they have lost. Remember what I said! Look In The Mirror People! That's how it started and Thats the only way It will Better. It starts with you and your childs committment to give 100% to Tullahoma High School Baseball.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tguy, i dont have any child playing and am not a player. i asked a question dont assume it was negative. i been watching BB baseball for along time played coached and umpired a long time ago. i know it does matter to a small degree if you have talent or not it shows early does that mean u win in highschool? . No but it do help. parents dont have as much of effect good or bad with a solid coach. If he is solid he will deal with it. the players play for him , the school and their teammates. Blaming a team on parents is weak in my opinion. I dont know if T town coaches are doing agood job or not but it is their responsibility. I do know you cant be young every year and a ground ball or whatever from the region is not getting the job done unless that is your goal getting close. i also know you just dont turn into a great player in highschool most start at a early age and keep on working . I will add one other playing the game in college or pros does not mean you are automatically a good highschool coach just as you say young talent does not matter .

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> WOW! We moved from T Town to a school that LOVES 3 sport athletes. We may play ball down in the middle of a cow pasture, but it isn't stinking like T Town programs......LOL.

I think everyone is missing my point and manipulating it into "one liners". I do not have a player in any boys sport in high school "yet", but myself being a successful athlete in school am very interested in our high school doing well in every sport.....even if my children do not participate in that paticular sport. As I have read these posts I have discovered that my sons Little League state championship means nothing......they are terrible because they do not play at the same "level" as our high school team. Other than the obvious that not too many 9-12 year olds play in high school....I feel that statement is ludicrous!!!! Our district is much smaller than the state!!!! My point with the 3 sport athletes is this........when you are young you play everything.......the best players are playing everything they can. When you get older and in high school that does not happen, and I wonder why? Is it not strange that there are only 3 seniors on the baseball team???? Why is that?? This run of state championships in little league...........will we only have 3 seniors in each of these classes??? Do not pick on these seniors and call them underachievers........they have stuck it out and made it their high school dream and priority. Are you telling me that they are the only ones who played little league in their class?? Oh, I forgot little league means nothing!!! I have coached, and I do not think that anyone can point a finger at just a coach, or at just the players.......they are all a team. I think our coaches are all good. It is just unfortunate that all of the talent in high school is seperated and sifted apart. We are a small community, and if we actually put all of the best players on the field or court at the same time we would be competative in all sports....not every year, but most years. But because of the specialization and overlapping schedules we cannot. I believe that baseball is the most demanding of all sports at the high school. It takes up at least 9 months of the year, and to be honest I think that is the first sport that kids give up because they want to participate in more of a variety of athletic competition. I have thought about my son entering the high school and wonder what he will do. I would love for him to try and do it all, if that is what would make him happy, but from what I am reading that is not an option.

Sorry, didn't mean for my one liner to be offensive. In reality, I was born and raised in TTown, my brothers were athlete, I was an athlete. I have am very respectful to Athlete Dir. Mathis, because I watched him build the baseball program. We rolled around in the days that our facilities were the finest anywhere around. When you put Tullahoma across your chest, it was pure pride.

My daughter, now a sophomore in college played basketball until middle school, she decided books would get her farther. My son on the other hand, took full advantage of the TTown Little Leagues and Babe Ruth. We've traveled and fully enjoyed those days. My husband is Not a TTown native and never could understand how I felt so much pride that our son represented them. That was a time when if ppl Knew you came from TTown, they were getting one of the best. Time and Skill always weeded them out evenly.

The only reason we left was a pain that I could not bear to watch an athletic program that I truly love, Literally crumple to the ground. From the ruins of a football stadium, to a Beautiful Baseball facility that once was. Little League is a truly special time, as players and as parents, that shouldn't be knocked, these young mens accomplishments should not be over shadowed by a poor representation of the HS Athletic program. The HS coaching staff could all but turn to dust the future for TTown Baseball, because they have NO CLUE what pride should come with that name. They should step aside and let someone who knows the community and expectations step UP. I don't care where you went to college, who's Minors you've made it to, until you Remember those Crisp spring nights with every player from teams far and near in awe of what you have.......you don't know whose demise you've contributed to. When a coaching staff will resort to public media( Tullahoma News)and internet msg boards to make sure ppl know it isn't Them, it's the kids....that's VERY UNPROFESSIONAL....COWARDLY, and should speak volume's to those who ask......."what's going on in TTown"

Very good post from Tullahoma guy. Anonymous letters from parents hurts the moral of the team. Put your name behind these letters or quit sending them out. I agree that there is not any leadership from the upper classmen on this team. The coaches work as hard as any coaching staff I've seen in a long time. Tullahoma has lost some close games that could have gone either way. I've seen too many runners picked off, when they weren't even trying to steal. Better days are ahead for this program. It would be so easy at this point for the coaching staff to write off this season, especially since there are so many detractors out there. I appreciate the fact that the coaches haven't quit and continue to work hard to make this team better.

I agree with this 100% Binns but I would also like to add 1 thing. If you get on this post and put a lot of positive comments on how good a coaching job the Staff is doing this year, then you should also not hide behind a nickname. I do not agree with what Binns has said but at least I know who he is. Baseball is 90% mental and only 10% physical, Tullahoma Baseball has lost the Mental part and it does not matter how much physical talent is comming, we need to fix the other problems.Anyone posting negitive remarks, it should be understood that they use a nickname. 1 player has already been suspended this year for his Dads actions!!!!!!!

I agree with this 100% Binns but I would also like to add 1 thing. If you get on this post and put a lot of positive comments on how good a coaching job the Staff is doing this year, then you should also not hide behind a nickname. I do not agree with what Binns has said but at least I know who he is. Baseball is 90% mental and only 10% physical, Tullahoma Baseball has lost the Mental part and it does not matter how much physical talent is comming, we need to fix the other problems.Anyone posting negitive remarks, it should be understood that they use a nickname. 1 player has already been suspended this year for his Dads actions!!!!!!!

Ok i dont live in Tullahoma but if you look at the record it is a legitmate question based on past history. i got one response about the team and it was that they were young. the other responses seemed to be raving about the coaches like they needed to be taken up for. I dont know if they are good ,bad or average. i do know you have to have talent to win. i also know you can make a bad team average a average team good and a good team great with good coaching. i also know you can make a average team bad a good team average a great team good or average with bad coaching. coaching always works itself out in highschool and college. the good ones improve each year as a coach so talent level does not have to be as good. the bad stay the same or get worse. keep in mind iam talking about all coaches not tullahomas. i did not mention coaching at all. as far as 90% mental 10% physical thats for tball. the better athlete always will be the better player assuming they started the same time worked on the game the same amount of time. i will agree BB is a fundentmental game that can be taught and players who are not great athletes can be good BB players. you do not have to be a rocket scientist to play BB. it has the least amount of actual plays than any team sport. you got cuts, bunt defense, pick plays, backing up each other, calling each other off, postions based on game situations and catcher calls for throw downs, catcher leaarning to block thats your D. O has signals , leads, bunt plays, postions for tags and learning to put the ball n play. pitchers throw strikes, covering first and backing up bases. it b a simple game.

Not trying to stir the pot but I probably have a different idea as to what it is to compete for a state championship. Is having a winning season not what someone should do in each sport every season? IMO to compete for a state championship is reaching the semi finals in football, sub state in basketball, finals of pool play in baseball or the semi finals in the state duals in wrestling. Now using my criteria how has Tullahoma done in male sports the last 10 years? Maybe I was too hard on my athletes and coaching staff back in the day but I expected to win a state championship every season. I have found that most high school sports teams (coaching staffs, parents & athletes) would like to win a state championship but very few teams want to work hard enough to win that state title.

that is ridiculous - where did you coach, who are you are my first questions - then we can see exactly how successful you were - so unless you are Quarles at Maryville or Flatt at BA then...

you can expect all you want - it doesn't work like that in HS athletics period

and if that were the case - exactly how many schools each year could be called successful???

not many - that would be 4 schools who reach the semifinals -

most don't work hard enough??? it takes more than work - mostly talent (chicken salad theory), some "want to", some coaching, and some luck never hurts

I know the Baseball Coach does not demand that his players play only baseball. You'll have to ask the other coaches of football and basketball what they are telling their players. But I would think a player would have a better chance to excel if he/she has a lot of athletic ability and only pays and trains for that onbe sport. I think most of the problems in High School Athletics is that parents all believe their son/daughter will be the next three sport STAR!!!

By doing that they are putting alot of undue pressure on them!

totally disagree - the pressure is mom and dad expect their baby to be the next star in whatever sport they are playing - parents want that scholarship $$ - they spend enough money on private lessons, travel ball, etc to pay for tuition and it is the total reason why kids get burned out on a sport... i grew up in the 60's and 70's and if you were good enough athlete you played them all (fb/bkb/bsball)... there is totally too much specialization in sport these days and kids get tired and go thru the motions... it becomes a job, not fun for alot of the kids... there are always exceptions... face it - most kids are not going to play college sports... they should play because they like to play, have fun playing and are pretty good at it... there's more to life than this... isn't there?? The lessons learned from playing sports are more valuable than a trophy that says you won this or that...