Coaching change at Temple?

silverdalefan

DB02, Your quote "Other than the 'true' privates (McCallie, Baylor) around here, the other privates just take what does come through their door and deal with it, good or bad, or at least that's been my experience for the last 7 years at DB." is untrue. All the private schools, DB included, actively pursue new students through advertising. If they didn't they wouldn't succeed.

You are absolutely correct. DB and others above board pursue new 'students' through an established, approved and ethical process, not ATHLETES. If they happen to be a good athlete, fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutely correct. DB and others above board pursue new 'students' through an established, approved and ethical process, not ATHLETES. If they happen to be a good athlete, fine.

It doesn't matter in this case. Temple has so many problems financially. That is why their coaches, academy and university, are out applying all over the south. They have no one coming in, and they will struggle in every sport next year. I just hope they can keep the doors open. Many times when you see multiple administrators making comments like Temple has made lately, it is a desperate cry for help. The reality is Temple's location is destroying their enrollment, and it won't get any better. That part of Chattanooga is not changing any time soon, and families who are willing to pay tuition for private school are not going to be willing to put their children in that part of town.

CCS has avoided public embarrassment about how they run their athletic program whereas Temple has not.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have heard from a pretty reliable source that Marcum is really "beating the bushes" looking for players for next year, so maybe he hasn't gotten his new job yet!

CCS has avoided public embarrassment about how they run their athletic program whereas Temple has not.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have heard from a pretty reliable source that Marcum is really "beating the bushes" looking for players for next year, so maybe he hasn't gotten his new job yet!

Wouldn't be surprising....would just be another example of how Temple can bamboozle the rules. With the economy the way it is, most academic minded schools should be more fascinated about just obtaining students, not looking for a few athletes who might help you win a few high school basketball games, something nobody will know or care about 5 years down the road.

I heard from a "reliable source" that he is in Europe on a recruiting trip. These reliable sources never have an agenda, and are always accurate. Based on this info maybe next year won't be so down for TTA after all!

Based on Temple's own documented problems with the TSSAA and their administration illegally using the newspaper to recruit athletes, not students, there is no telling what team Temple will put on the court next year. Ask Marcum what Hamilton County middle school coaches he has been talking to trying to get their kids.....most of if not all of these kids cant pay their school fees let alone a private school tuition....but then the Temple coach already knows that and doesnt seem to see this as a problem.

Based on Temple's own documented problems with the TSSAA and their administration illegally using the newspaper to recruit athletes, not students, there is no telling what team Temple will put on the court next year. Ask Marcum what Hamilton County middle school coaches he has been talking to trying to get their kids.....most of if not all of these kids cant pay their school fees let alone a private school tuition....but then the Temple coach already knows that and doesnt seem to see this as a problem.

Wow, I didn't realize TTA did something illegal in the newspaper. Please provide more details. Has the matter gone to court? Will anyone be serving time? Has TSSAA made a statement?

Wow, I didn't realize TTA did something illegal in the newspaper. Please provide more details. Has the matter gone to court? Will anyone be serving time? Has TSSAA made a statement?

You must have really lost your mind! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />