Top Defense's in the State??

Bucs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think boyd buchanan has the best defense! they haven't been scored on in 10 quarters. The last person that scored on them was East Ridge. Last night againts FRA the defense was picking the ball off left and right they couldn't put it up in the air without it getting picked off. The only teams that have scored on them are East Ridge,and Rhea County which Boyd went on to win but those are some powerful teams. They Have stopped Whitwell,and FRA from scoring.;

What about Franklin. As they still havent played to their total ability yet they have done an excellent job. And everyone seems to be leaving out centennial. They havent played a great team yet but any defense that can put up a shutout against any team is something to talk about. Like i said, they havent played any good teams yet so we will see how they put up with brentwoods hot offense this coming friday :confused:

I think Boyd-Buchanan has one of the top defenses in the state, not to mention the most versatile offense. They shutout FRA last night. The defense has not been scored on in their last 10 quarters. They really fly to the ball. Good linebackers in Jeremy Davis, William Nelson, and a hard hitting sophomore Matt Henley. Look for big things from the Bucs this year.

Besides the shutout against Notre Dame, McCallie held Knox Webb to 13 point (A touchdown of that came against second teamers), and gave up 19 to a really great Tyner team, but a touchdown of that was on special teams. All and all an extremely solid defense.

Posted by ftballkicker:

How has McCallie done in previous games. everyone has its good and bad nights

Posted by Bucs:

Who are some of the big bad D's in the state this year. Only post your opinion if you think they are the real thing too. This thread is only for the top dogs of defense. I think Beech's defense is for real this year. Im not just sayin it b/c im a beech fan, im serious they are lookin great so far.

morristwon west defense. last two games teams only scored 13 points. in the win over jc they looked great.

[Edited by major on 9-15-02 9:52A]