Grace Christian Coach

blackhawkdown

Who will Grace have returning that can lead them to another district championship? Do they have any good freshmen coming in? Give us the scoop.

Two starters return both only played like half the year last year. One guard that quit because of previous coach issues and 6'6 kid (region Tourn MVP 2 years ago) that stoped playing in Dec because of other issues which are now taken care of. Another guard that was 6th man last year and showed alot of improvement and some younger kids that did well in JV last year dont think they lost a game. Also a couple of really athletic freshman one which will be a very good player. Just need someone to bring it all together.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two starters return both only played like half the year last year. One guard that quit because of previous coach issues and 6'6 kid (region Tourn MVP 2 years ago) that stoped playing in Dec because of other issues which are now taken care of. Another guard that was 6th man last year and showed alot of improvement and some younger kids that did well in JV last year dont think they lost a game. Also a couple of really athletic freshman one which will be a very good player. Just need someone to bring it all together.

I saw your JV team loose to Catholic and they did not look very good (there was this one kid who could shoot the lights out). The Irish were up as much as 30 before winning by 20 plus points. Before you use youth as an excuse, Catholic played 9 sophomores and 3 freshmen on their JV. But, I don't know what your district looks like (and you probably meant they did not loose a district JV game) so you guys very well could win the district this year. Harriman, I'm told, has most of their kids back as does Rockwood. Oliver Springs in the region will be very good.

Any news on a coach yet?

I saw your JV team loose to Catholic and they did not look very good (there was this one kid who could shoot the lights out). The Irish were up as much as 30 before winning by 20 plus points. Before you use youth as an excuse, Catholic played 9 sophomores and 3 freshmen on their JV. But, I don't know what your district looks like (and you probably meant they did not loose a district JV game) so you guys very well could win the district this year. Harriman, I'm told, has most of their kids back as does Rockwood. Oliver Springs in the region will be very good.

Any news on a coach yet?

At least let me give an excuse if I have one and I dont. Yes I did mean in the district and I am not saying Grace will be anywhere near what they have been in the past three years, I was just saying Grace still could compete for the district because it is not real strong. Harriman should be the favorite. Should have some news on the coach sometime this week (I hope)

Based on what teams have coming back, here would be my rankings:

Also, this could be the year district 4 has the best teams in the region

District 3A

1. Rockwood - Did lose some key players, but Coach K is the best in the District

2. Harriman - Has the best group coming back, but somehow they won't get it done.

3. Greenback - Has the best player in the district returning, just needs some other players to step up.

4. Tellico Plains - Had a decent year in AA last year, just don't know much. COuld be higher!!

5. Grace - Lost the most, but won't have the studs like last year to carry them

6. Midway - actually they have a chance to surprise and be higher

7. Berean - don't think they will be much higher

8. TSD - same as berean

District 4A

1. Oliver Springs - Has most coming back after winning district last year.

2. Jellico - New to district, but hear they aren't bad

3. Onieda - Have a good group returning and should compete

4. Wartburg - Lost a lot and will be young, but they will be ready come post season

5. Oakdale - New coach, but do return some good pieces

6. Sunbright - Will be young but that group was good in middle school

7. Coalfield - Just don't have enough to get out of the cellar.

District 3A:

1. Harriman - Returns talented duo in Inman & Gallaher, plus good role players

2. Tellico Plains - Coach Yates always does a good job.

3. Grace Christian - Williams returns plus Hopkins & Burnette (?).

4. Midway - Coach Ruffner has solid crew with good freshmen coming in.

5. Greenback - Titlow, any other pieces around him?

6. Rockwood - Lost too much, disagree with your opinion of Coach K.

7. Berean Christian - Unknown.

8. TSD

District 4A:

1. Oliver Springs - Best player in Rather plus very talented cast around him.

2. Jellico - Successful last year, unknown as far as returnees.

3. Oneida - Entire year with Coach Yaden has to help.

4. Wartburg - Lost a lot, but has district's best freshman plus Goodman & Shannon.

5. Sunbright - Improvement with Coach Maxfield.

6. Oakdale - New coach but good players in Currier & Kilby.

7. Coalfield - New coach.

District 3A:

1. Harriman - Returns talented duo in Inman & Gallaher, plus good role players

2. Tellico Plains - Coach Yates always does a good job.

3. Grace Christian - Williams returns plus Hopkins & Burnette (?).

4. Midway - Coach Ruffner has solid crew with good freshmen coming in.

5. Greenback - Titlow, any other pieces around him?

6. Rockwood - Lost too much, disagree with your opinion of Coach K.

7. Berean Christian - Unknown.

8. TSD

District 4A:

1. Oliver Springs - Best player in Rather plus very talented cast around him.

2. Jellico - Successful last year, unknown as far as returnees.

3. Oneida - Entire year with Coach Yaden has to help.

4. Wartburg - Lost a lot, but has district's best freshman plus Goodman & Shannon.

5. Sunbright - Improvement with Coach Maxfield.

6. Oakdale - New coach but good players in Currier & Kilby.

7. Coalfield - New coach.

I agree with Harriman being the favorite but I just dont know anything about Tellico Plains. I do believe Greenback will be down because Titlow is really all they have because their JV was not very good at all. Oliver Springs will be the top team in the region and will be tough to beat. Grace will be competitve in the district and time will tell how they do after the change in coaching and the over all makeup of the team. They pretty much have had the same team for the last 3 years with the top 2 players in the region so we will see if they can win without them.