Grace Christian Coach

blackhawkdown

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the KNS today, he resigned under pressure. Reports stated that one of the players parents went to the principal and ratted him out because something he said to the player. That player had quit midseason

I'm pretty sure if he wants a job elsewhere he would be hired in a heartbeat!!

According to the KNS today, he resigned under pressure. Reports stated that one of the players parents went to the principal and ratted him out because something he said to the player. That player had quit midseason

I'm pretty sure if he wants a job elsewhere he would be hired in a heartbeat!!

I hate to hear that another parent has cost a good coach his job. It's safe to say that administrations refuse to support their coach. Is this starting to become the norm at private schools? My kid don't play so let's fire the coach.

I hate to hear that another parent has cost a good coach his job. It's safe to say that administrations refuse to support their coach. Is this starting to become the norm at private schools? My kid don't play so let's fire the coach.

Is Mike Hutchens at Catholic the last private school coach standing in the area?

he didnt suk up to mr stewart like he wants everyone too

It is embarassing that a player a can quit a team right before a second state tourney run and his parents can get the coach fired because he's not nice enough to the kids. Are you freaking kidding me? I feel sorry for the next coach and for Coach McKamey if this is really the atmosphere that has been created at GCA!

Speaking strictly as an outsider to the whole coaching situation but ... I am familiar with Ron Stewart--senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church for 20+ years and founder of Grace Christian Academy.

Dr. Stewart is one of the most well-liked and highly respected pastors not only in the Knoxville and East Tennessee area, but also in nationwide Southern Baptist Convention. He is widely known as a man of great character, strong morals and ethics, and great vision. Also he has the reputation as a very "fair and just" man.

I would assume that a decision of this magnitude--replacing the basketball coach--would have had to have been signed off on by Dr. Stewart. If indeed Dr. Stewart supported this move, then call me naive if you will, but I have to believe there was a legitimate problem.

And if there was indeed a problem, then the coaches winning % or number of trips to the state tournament shouldn't factor into any decision.

This is strictly my opinion, sorry if it rubs some the wrong way.

I think Grace is in a world of hurt. Both basketball coaches "resigned" under different circumstances. I guess the girls coach lost too much and the boys coach won too much. I do not know the circumstances taking place around there, but I do know they let a couple of coaches go that cared about their players. IF parents/donors/pastors are involved, that is sad. I thought is was the AD who hired and fired coaches? Maybe they should do their job and let the AD, (which was Coach Lamb) do his job and keep their nose out of it.

They need to be careful what they ask for, they just might get it.