Grace Christian Coach

blackhawkdown

Paul Pridemore, GCA's Girls' Basketball coach, has also accepted the role as head coach of the Rams Boys' Basketball team for 2009-2010.

Wow is this guy like Randy Moore or is he better? I know Randy did a good job of running both programs at Seymour

they have signed their own death warrant,three senoirs have quit the program because of this.why would you hire the assistant of a program that cheated,this is supposed to be a christian school.where is the example?i thought they played pretty well for the interem over the summer a least they were having fun.This is going to kill any hope they had for this season,They finally get Williams and burdette back,then this happens,both have quit the program because of this hiring.What did you all do to get him the teaching certificate?I know for a fact he did not have one last week....You cannot be head coach without one.

There are ways around it. The school can create a position for him or a staff memeber can be listed as the head coach, Pridemore as an assistant and he (Pridemore) do all of the actual coaching. Happened a few years ago at Halls with their girls program before Chad Turner was hired. Not to knock the guy but this is the hire that took all summer to make? They could have did that back in May.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Pridemore, GCA's Girls' Basketball coach, has also accepted the role as head coach of the Rams Boys' Basketball team for 2009-2010.

Wow is this guy like Randy Moore or is he better? I know Randy did a good job of running both programs at Seymour

they have signed their own death warrant,three senoirs have quit the program because of this.why would you hire the assistant of a program that cheated,this is supposed to be a christian school.where is the example?i thought they played pretty well for the interem over the summer a least they were having fun.This is going to kill any hope they had for this season,They finally get Williams and burdette back,then this happens,both have quit the program because of this hiring.What did you all do to get him the teaching certificate?I know for a fact he did not have one last week....You cannot be head coach without one.

Wow, dont know where you get your information or its source but can I suggest you get another one. I dont mean to be unkind but I have to respond to untrue statements. Everyone is playing that played last year including Williams and are excited about this season. He does have a teaching cert. and you will see how good of a coach he is as the season goes on. He did VERY well as a head coach in Florida before moving here, Getting coach of the year awards several times in AAA ball. As for the cheating reference, the facts are what they are and were spelled out by TSSAA as being self reported by Grace , I really dont know what else you expect them to do.

Thought you had to be a non-faculty coach for at least five years before you could become a head coach. Coach Pridemore hasn't been in TN five years has he?

Mr.runandgun, Mr.pridemore does not have a certificate (yet).you cannot transfer your cert,and you must have either four or five years in tenn before you can, they are making him head of girls basketball operations and the private school asso,or what ever its called is working on getting him a cert,and yes i personally talked to cory and eric this week,they will not play for pridemore,so dont even tell me im wrong on this one, as soon as i heard he got the job,i made it a certianty to follow up,because after lamb got fired they were going to play again,cory was not with them during summer camp, so it took a while to get a hold of him but confirmed it myself this time.Now you need to do your homework!

Thought you had to be a non-faculty coach for at least five years before you could become a head coach. Coach Pridemore hasn't been in TN five years has he?

Mr.runandgun, Mr.pridemore does not have a certificate (yet).you cannot transfer your cert,and you must have either four or five years in tenn before you can, they are making him head of girls basketball operations and the private school asso,or what ever its called is working on getting him a cert,and yes i personally talked to cory and eric this week,they will not play for pridemore,so dont even tell me im wrong on this one, as soon as i heard he got the job,i made it a certianty to follow up,because after lamb got fired they were going to play again,cory was not with them during summer camp, so it took a while to get a hold of him but confirmed it myself this time.Now you need to do your homework!

You may be slightly off in your statements regarding the teaching certificate and hiring. The five years comes into play when you have served as a volunteer coach. After 5 years of volunteer service, you can be hired as the head coach of a primary sport without being on staff. You could, in theory, obtain your teaching certificate based on your educational background and experience fairly quickly. They could simply hire him as an assistant AD and be legit.

An alternative license or now called a Transition License can be given to anyone with a bachelors degree from an accredited school if the school itself shows a need for a certain position. Then the person has a state teaching license, and has 2 to 3 years to finish course work to obtain a professional teaching license. Teaching licenses are very easily obtained, and yes IrishBball is right a volunteer coach or assistant can become a head coach if he has had 5 years coaching experience, but if I am not mistaken they have to show complete proof through the TSSAA that this has been done.

An alternative license or now called a Transition License can be given to anyone with a bachelors degree from an accredited school if the school itself shows a need for a certain position. Then the person has a state teaching license, and has 2 to 3 years to finish course work to obtain a professional teaching license. Teaching licenses are very easily obtained, and yes IrishBball is right a volunteer coach or assistant can become a head coach if he has had 5 years coaching experience, but if I am not mistaken they have to show complete proof through the TSSAA that this has been done.

You do have to document the experience to the TSSAA either through a letter from the principal or AD of the school(s) you have assisted. You can actually use middle school service in addition to high school service in some cases.

I am not going to name individual kids. One quit and prob wont even be at the school and the other young man did not quit last year but did not play for personal reasons. I am not going to argue about this issue, I believe you are trying to make an issue of a non issue.