2009 DII STARS

GOAT2000

1. Brunetti - MUS (no one is as important to their team as he is)

2. Cooper - Ensworth

3. Darkwa - Ensworth

4. Caro - BA

5. Carter - Ensworth (the most underrated Ensworth player)

6. McBride - MUS

7. Tate - BA

8. The QB from Ryan

9-10. OPEN: Somebody new always shows up. I know I'm probably missing some others from BA, MUS, or MBA.

Watched a few of the mentioned MBA kids in track & field - and, quite frankly - just not sure about their potential.

I'm sure CBHS has some good kids (I mean, doggone, they got 1200 boys in the school). If you can't find 11 great kids to coach out of that many boys, you might question how well you can coach and motivate - or completely restructure your admissions protocol (or just fire your admissions director), ha ha.

The great thing about HS ball is that you just don't know. There will be guys step up that we've never heard of - and there will be guys that we're expecting to shine that only have a slight glare. Bottom line: Hundreds of boys have an opportunity to do special things this fall - and that's what makes HS football great.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brunetti (MUS), Caro (BA), Darkwa (EHS), Tate (BA)

Hey GOAT2000, McPhail cost Ryan a playoff birth last year after all is said and done.

I honestly don't know enough past the big time names. It's DII-AA, there will be great athletes who just randomly pop up at BA, MUS, CBHS, and MBA. And honestly, I don't know what to think of EHS past Darkwa. They had a very good TE and DE (may have been Cooper) but outside of that.

Oh wait, the BEHEMOTH from Mt. Pleasant on EHS. Good luck blocking that kid this year.

Kidding aside, I was out there a couple of years ago for a 9th grade game, and it's a beautiful school. I also understand (from a source in a position to know) that the principle there now has done a good job of cleaning up things there.

Ryan now has a principal and president of the school. The president was the principal until two years ago I believe, he is the cleaner. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hey GOAT2000, McPhail cost Ryan a playoff birth last year after all is said and done.

I honestly don't know enough past the big time names. It's DII-AA, there will be great athletes who just randomly pop up at BA, MUS, CBHS, and MBA. And honestly, I don't know what to think of EHS past Darkwa. They had a very good TE and DE (may have been Cooper) but outside of that.

Oh wait, the BEHEMOTH from Mt. Pleasant on EHS. Good luck blocking that kid this year.

This dumb statement shows exactly how much you know about sports, expecially the game of football. One player does not cost a team a game or a playoff birth. Wins and losses start and end with the entire team. Please think before you speak and type.

Im a fan of the game and follow high school sports closely, dont know alot about ryan or the staff, but I would say that no one person has ever lost a game for them!

Hey is there anyway we can keep those people off this thread that have no clue about football? lol

How does 1 player cost a team a playoff birth? Last time I check, there are 10 other players on the field.

Hey is there anyway we can keep those people off this thread that have no clue about football? lol

How does 1 player cost a team a playoff birth? Last time I check, there are 10 other players on the field.

I think he was referring to the coach not the player. The D2 board usually does not talk about players.

Hey is there anyway we can keep those people off this thread that have no clue about football?

Probably not. Wait until the season starts, and the children come out with trash talk and taunting. It becomes the Algonquin Kid's Table. Not a pretty sight. This stuff will seem downright intellectual.

Yea, it was more directed at the coach, sorry about the misunderstanding. Ryan was honestly the better team the night we played them, which is what I'm referring to. And I really thought they'd kill Webb. I've always respected Ryan (respect, not like) so I hope yall do well next year.

Great athlete but too short for quarterbacking in the SEC and should be a star in the Big East.

Ah that's great for him! That won't be much of a change in system for him, so that will be beneficial. Just curious, what is his 40 time? Seeing as Pat White, a small fast QB, excelled at West Virginia and is now playing for my Dolphins, I hope and think Brunetti does just as well.

Ah that's great for him! That won't be much of a change in system for him, so that will be beneficial. Just curious, what is his 40 time? Seeing as Pat White, a small fast QB, excelled at West Virginia and is now playing for my Dolphins, I hope and think Brunetti does just as well.

This is a great thing for this kid. He should do very well in the big east. D2 is full of stars! Lets see who gets the next offers