TSSAA RULE QUESTION

IrishBaseball44

So we were at Hixson tonight, down 3-0 in the top of the 3rd when the rains came and we got washed out. We think that we pick up where we left off, but because the game wasn't official, thought maybe we start the whole thing over too? Its my first year in TSSAA, and I'm unsure, so any help (based on fact from TSSAA by-laws) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

So we were at Hixson tonight, down 3-0 in the top of the 3rd when the rains came and we got washed out. We think that we pick up where we left off, but because the game wasn't official, thought maybe we start the whole thing over too? Its my first year in TSSAA, and I'm unsure, so any help (based on fact from TSSAA by-laws) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

As far as I know, TSSAA rules on this don't come into play until post-season, but I could be wrong on that. I think in regular season, each district makes their own bylaws.... Once post-season begins, I think you pick up where you left off ???

As far as I know, TSSAA rules on this don't come into play until post-season, but I could be wrong on that. I think in regular season, each district makes their own bylaws.... Once post-season begins, I think you pick up where you left off ???

Any idea who we might call to find out about the rule? We have what you might call a "unique" coaching situation, and as I mentioned, I'm new to the area/district/tssaa.

BUMP

Based on the fact that we came into this tonight, and looked it up, I know I am right. tssaa.org-click on sports link-click baseball-click regulations.....in there Section E states....in a regular season game that is suspended it is to be called a No Game and start back from the beginning UNLESS!!!!! the two coaches mutually agree it fair to pick it up where it left off. We will be picking ours up from the bottom of the 6th with 2 runners on tomorrow.

Hope this helps! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Based on the fact that we came into this tonight, and looked it up, I know I am right. tssaa.org-click on sports link-click baseball-click regulations.....in there Section E states....in a regular season game that is suspended it is to be called a No Game and start back from the beginning UNLESS!!!!! the two coaches mutually agree it fair to pick it up where it left off. We will be picking ours up from the bottom of the 6th with 2 runners on tomorrow.

Hope this helps! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What about Darkness on a tie game in extra innings. The game was completed but it was close. We were playing the last possible inning.

What about Darkness on a tie game in extra innings. The game was completed but it was close. We were playing the last possible inning.

NFHS Rule 4-2-3: "If weather or darkness interferes with play so that the game is called (ended) by the umpire it is a regulation game: (a) if five full innings have been played, or if the home team has scored an equal or greater number of runs in four or four and a fraction turns at bat than the visiting team has scored in five turns at bat, or (b ) if play has gone beyond five full innings. If the game is called when the teams have not had an equal number of completed turns at bat, the score shall be the same as it was at the end of the last completed inning; except that if the home team in its half of the incomplete inning, scores a run (or runs) which equals or exceeds the opponent's score, the final score shall be as recorded when the game is called."

Article 4 goes on to say that a state can adopt rules for how games are ended (including suspended games). If a state does not have specific rules to that end then by mutual agreement of the umpire and the coaches, remaining play can be shortened or eliminated altogether.

Maybe that helps, then again, maybe it doesn't.