Cenntenial/page

jmu031

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will be a great game. both teams are as hard nosed as they come. i do not no who to look at for page except for JG (i do not which position he is playing). on the chs side look for phillip bates, tracy beach, and tommy buccanan. they have the most unathletic looking team they have ever had, but they play with all heart. go watch the game and good luck to both teams ;)

The A game is important. Both teams have a history of leaving the A game in the locker room for a half or so and the other usually takes it to them when this happens. '99 Page took it to Centennial trought the first have, despite being outmatched talent wise. The Cougars picked it up in the second half but came a touchdown or so short. The exact oposite in 2000 as CHS ran roughshot over the Patriots till the 3rd quarter and Page turned the table and won the game. So I say whoever brings their A game for FOUR QUARTERS wins. And on that one I'm betting CHS. They've showed tremendous resolve in the first 2 weeks and throughout the preseason scrimmages. It will be a good one though.

Page will come out ready to take it to the cougars. CHS is one demnsional. All they can do is run. No passing game. Page has a more balanced attack. With a defense that can stop anyone. I think page will come out with a convincing win.

Lets wait a few weeks before we say teams are one demensional. Centennial hasn't had to pass the ball, because they have physically dominated up front and run roughshot over WC and Spring Hill. And just for good measure, they had two TD passes in week one. Now I feel Page is a much better team than both Warren County and Spring Hill, and have a better chance at forcing the Cougars to take to the air a little more, but I think it is too early to call them one demensional. Maybe they wont be able to pass the ball at all this year, but so far they've got an A in that category becuase only 2 games have been played.

star21 how can you say that page's d can stop anyone didnt they lose this week. that meens they can only stop half the team they play because they are 1-1. and to say that centennial is only one dimensional is idiotic. why would they put it in the air. they dominate on the ground. nebraska is one diminsional to the run, but year in and out they are top 10. centennial will run the ball against page and there is nothing they can do about it. if they have to throw they will. they have to good quarterbacks that can both throw. this will be a good game to watch though. i wish i could go see. go get em cougars

I HAVE NOT HAD THE PLEASURE OF WATCHING CENT PLAY THIS YEAR SO I CANNOT MAKE AN ASSESSEMENT, BUT I CAN WITH PAGE.CENT HAS GREAT SPEED ON OFFENSE,AND PAGE HAS GREAT SPEED ON DEFENSE,THEY BOTH ARE GOING TO MAKE PLAYS.I THINK THE SOME OF THE DECIDING FACTORS MAYBE CENT FULLBACK,IF HE'S A BRUISER,HARD RUNNER HARD BLOCKER THIS COULD BE TROUBLE FOR PAGE.PAGE ALTHOUGH FAST ON DEFENSE,ARE SMALL UP FRONT AND SHORT ON SUBS.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW THEY RESPOND.SECOND JONATHAN GRISBY AND JONATHAN MORTON ARE TWO OF THE BEST COVER CORNERS IN 3A,IF CENT IS FORCE TO PASS AND HAS SUCCESS THIS WOULD BE A BIG CONFIDENCE BUILDER.THIRD IS HOW PAGE SAFETYS RESPOND,PAGE SEND THEIR LINBACKERS A LOT,THE SAFETYS ON MANY OCCASIONS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO MAKE PLAYS.IF I'M CENT I THINKING, POUNDING THE FOOTBALL OR DROP OFF PASSES ACROSS THE MIDDLE.PAGE I THINK, MUST STOP THE RUN FORCE THE PASS TO THE OUTSIDE RECEIVERS.BUT IF GREG SMITHSON RETURNS WELL THAT A WHOLE NEW GAME PLAN.

if page is not deep on defense then they are in trouble. centennial has four good running backs and 2 or 3 good full-backs. all i can say is i hope page is in shape or it wont be pretty. as far as the corners and safety for page they probably wont have much action. cent knows they are good and probably wont test them. cent has good wide outs in brandon meggs and rocco severino but they are young and inexperinced. it should be a great game to watch