high school football rules and regulations

dandy82

Posted by pioneer8991:
Posted by SUPERMAN34:
Posted by dandy82:

Can someone help me. It was brought to my attention that a coach is ejected if their team receives two personal fouls in a game. I don't believe this is correct. Anybody know?

I thought the player was ejected if 1 player recieves 2

Player is ejected for two, Coach is ejected for two on him

(i think). The team can have an unlimited number, only the coach's reputation is affected.

obviously not nearly enough judging from some of the games this year.

Posted by pioneer8991:

What does your post mean?

I was merely commenting on the lack of effect on the coaches reputation that the personal fouls seem to have, as long as he wins. See Bobby22's post for an example. I have seen the same player called for 2 personal fouls in each of the last two weeks with no ejection. Is this truly the rule? And why does the coach's reputation not suffer?

Posted by dandy82:

Can someone help me. It was brought to my attention that a coach is ejected if their team receives two personal fouls in a game. I don't believe this is correct. Anybody know?

A player can have ten personal fouls called against him in a game (if his coach let's him stay in the game that long). The penalty that will get a player ejected is unsportsman like conduct. Two of those will get you tossed.

Posted by pioneer8991:
Posted by peterpan:

What kind of things would happen to a team that is playing with an ineligible player? :confused:

That game and all games he participates in are forfeit.

I thought all personal fouls were considered unsportsmanlike conduct? I'll have to check on that but I think they are.

What if the player is dressed out and on the side lines but never gets in the game?

[Edited by peterpan on 9-9-02 11:17P]

Posted by peterpan:
Posted by pioneer8991:
Posted by peterpan:

What kind of things would happen to a team that is playing with an ineligible player? :confused:

That game and all games he participates in are forfeit.

I thought all personal fouls were considered unsportsmanlike conduct? I'll have to check on that but I think they are.

What if the player is dressed out and on the side lines but never gets in the game?

[Edited by peterpan on 9-9-02 11:17P]

Here is the link you need to answer your questions:

http://www.nfhs.org/index.htm :D