District 8-AAA Tournament

sportsguy22

Your Columbia bias is laughable. You can't be objective on this subject can you? And you're comparing their afternoon home games to the Chicago Cubs. That is a joke! A major league franchise with an army of loyal fans and a rich baseball history...compared to a high school hosting district tournament games when most people will not be able to attend because of work. Need I say more? I'm glad you like your port-a-johns, but most of us hate them. By the way, your field does not put others to shame. There are many, many other good fields in the state. It's not some pro surface or something... of course you'd probably compare that to Wrigley Field as well.

Your bias is really showing its ugly head and that is the truth. Don't take offense to the truth because it looks bad.

I was just bringing up the two things that everyone doesn't like about having the tournament at Columbia. That's it. It is not the end of the world by any means. Good grief. Don't be so defensive. Everyone will deal with it and move on. Of course, we can't do anything about it. These are people's thoughts and opinions that occur, though, when the only team in the district without lights and bathrooms hosts the tournament. You should expect that, deal with it objectively and calmly, and let it be. Instead, you chose to take offense to it and make sarcastic remarks to the rest of the district.

I'm not talking about every field in the state, just 8AAA.

You're the one who brought up the Lawrence Co. field after a 5-4 loss not me. Then you hate on the Franklin Co. field, followed by your shots at Columbia. Hating on 3 of 7 fields make your avg. 428.

"Yesterday as a matter of fact. Your field is a bad playing surface. Period. Horrible hops all over the infield and the outfield isn't much better. During warm-ups yesterday balls were taking crazy hops left, right and over people' s heads. Luckily, no awful hops during the game, but there was last year. Sorry, but it is one of the worst I've seen all year, although Franklin County's was even worse. That field is in very poor condition.

The tournament won't be changed to Columbia State. They are hosting the JUCO State Tournament at the same time."

UNQUOTE

And you say I made sarcastic remarks to the rest of the district!! Please show me where I knock anyone but you,and your sanctimonious attitude towards others.

Your Shelbyville bias is VERY CLEAR TO ALL.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsguy22..you are one to be talkin about a columbia bias..get off your shelbyville high horse and quit complaining and throwing stuff at people. Lawrence Co or Franklin Co might not have as "good" of field as other teams but atleast they can get their fields ready when it rains.

We can sit around and talk about why we dont want it at columbia and how people might not be able to watch the games or we can discuss who we think we will win and why and let the boys play the game in front of 2 fans or 100 fans. and use the restroom before you get there.

now how does everyone see the tourney going?

The coaches get to vote on which umpiring association they would like to use - probably a battle Coffee County, Franklin County, Tullahoma, Shelbyville and Lincoln County will win. But who knows.

I just want to clear this up too. They normally vote on the umpires, not the association.Tthose schools use the same association and they vote on who from that association they do or don't want.. Columbia has a different association and they will vote on umpires within that association. At least, that is what I have been told.

I just want to clear this up too. They normally vote on the umpires, not the association.Tthose schools use the same association and they vote on who from that association they do or don't want.. Columbia has a different association and they will vote on umpires within that association. At least, that is what I have been told.

We are getting conflicting reports on this. You could be right, sounds reasonable. BUT, what I was told from an umpire and from a coach, that the coaches will vote on wheter to use the guys that call in this area, or the ones that call in the columbia area. They will not mix and match them.

Sportsguy22..you are one to be talkin about a columbia bias..get off your shelbyville high horse and quit complaining and throwing stuff at people. Lawrence Co or Franklin Co might not have as "good" of field as other teams but atleast they can get their fields ready when it rains.

We can sit around and talk about why we dont want it at columbia and how people might not be able to watch the games or we can discuss who we think we will win and why and let the boys play the game in front of 2 fans or 100 fans. and use the restroom before you get there.

Thanks for getting my back Nicholas, the rain comment is right on the money.

Now back to the kids.... Despite all the above,this week will show why I think that 8AAA is as good as anyone in Mid Tn.

Balance top to bottom, with a TON of talent on all teams. I'd say the only teams safe this coming week are Shelbyville & Columbia and that's because they don't play till Saturday. If you can check your bias at the gate, you'll get a great show from many talented ballplayers. And us folks in Columbia will do our best. Promise /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Shelbyville..........Cooper, say no more

Columbia............Good scrapy ball team + playing at home

Lawrence Co...... Banged up,but a lot of skilled players

Lincoln Co...........Hitters,with State experience

Coffee Co...........Good team with good pitching

Franklin Co.........Never count them out,coaches

Tullahoma...........Young, Hungry, Bryant is tough

You would be a FOOL to think you know what will happen.

Before you laugh, go back and look at your pre-season predictions

We are getting conflicting reports on this. You could be right, sounds reasonable. BUT, what I was told from an umpire and from a coach, that the coaches will vote on wheter to use the guys that call in this area, or the ones that call in the columbia area. They will not mix and match them.

You're right. they will not mix and match, but Ii believe they have to use the Columbia association. I could be wrong though.

Why no "mix and match" seems reasonable? Because of the association difference? Everyone just wants the best available, right?

Why no "mix and match" seems reasonable? Because of the association difference? Everyone just wants the best available, right?

Because that's not how they do it I guess lol, you are stretching my knowledge. I would imagine whichever association is used they would rather work with someone they have worked with all season, and probably multiple seasons, as opposed to working with a stranger in big games. Plus they will need to vote on whether to use 2 or 3 umpires. Personally, I say 2. Last year I saw more blown calls and jacked up rotations when they used three during the regular season.

Because that's not how they do it I guess lol, you are stretching my knowledge. I would imagine whichever association is used they would rather work with someone they have worked with all season, and probably multiple seasons, as opposed to working with a stranger in big games. Plus they will need to vote on whether to use 2 or 3 umpires. Personally, I say 2. Last year I saw more blown calls and jacked up rotations when they used three during the regular season.

I understand, kinda /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I have no idea what Shelbyville high horse you are talking about. That has nothing to do with anything, but just a cheap shot by you. All I mentioned was the fact that many fans/parents will not be able to make it to the games in Columbia because of having no lights and most people don't like port-a-johns. Thus, the tournament atmosphere will suffer. You disagree? That's the only point. It doesn't take away from what will be a tremendous tournament. That's why I started this thread to talk about the tournament. Instead, everyone is taking offense to everything. You, in addition to the Columbia duo's comments a couple weeks back, have piled on regarding the rainout, which should be left alone (yet another cheap shot). That's over. Forget about it. As for your field, the facility is absolutely fine. The playing surface is not a good/smooth surface at all. Do you disagree with that?

If you think your field and Franklin County's field is great, then that's your opinion and if Columbia thinks the tournament atmosphere will not be affected, then that is their opinion. I just completely disagree and I stated my reasons why. But, I refuse to get on here and starting making sarcastic remarks and cheap shotting others. Let's leave it at that and talk baseball.

I have no idea what Shelbyville high horse you are talking about. That has nothing to do with anything, but just a cheap shot by you. All I mentioned was the fact that many fans/parents will not be able to make it to the games in Columbia because of having no lights and most people don't like port-a-johns. Thus, the tournament atmosphere will suffer. You disagree? That's the only point. It doesn't take away from what will be a tremendous tournament. That's why I started this thread to talk about the tournament. Instead, everyone is taking offense to everything. You, in addition to the Columbia duo's comments a couple weeks back, have piled on regarding the rainout, which should be left alone (yet another cheap shot). That's over. Forget about it. As for your field, the facility is absolutely fine. The playing surface is not a good/smooth surface at all. Do you disagree with that?

If you think your field and Franklin County's field is great, then that's your opinion and if Columbia thinks the tournament atmosphere will not be affected, then that is their opinion. I just completely disagree and I stated my reasons why. But, I refuse to get on here and starting making sarcastic remarks and cheap shotting others. Let's leave it at that and talk baseball.

Here comment on this:

Balance top to bottom, with a TON of talent on all teams. I'd say the only teams safe this coming week are Shelbyville & Columbia and that's because they don't play till Saturday. If you can check your bias at the gate, you'll get a great show from many talented ballplayers. And us folks in Columbia will do our best. Promise

Shelbyville..........Cooper, say no more

Columbia............Good scrapy ball team + playing at home

Lawrence Co...... Banged up,but a lot of skilled players

Lincoln Co...........Hitters,with State experience

Coffee Co...........Good team with good pitching

Franklin Co.........Never count them out,coaches

Tullahoma...........Young, Hungry, Bryant is tough

You would be a FOOL to think you know what will happen.

Before you laugh, go back and look at your pre-season predictions

I understand, kinda /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You don't really want to put 2 guys together that have never worked together at the most important time of the year do you? I mean, they might to give the umpires from both associations a shot at calling some post season games, but it would be unusual to put umpires together that haven't worked together before. My guess is that the association that Columbia uses is the one that will work the tournament in Columbia.