Oak Ridge @ West

winner123

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with 3-1 West. Maybe different at Oak Ridge's field, I still would give West the nod. However if the West "stars" start yapping with each other, the refs, etc. then Oak Ridge could upset them. If West plays fast and confident I wouldn't put it past them putting 4 or 5 in on OR.

Interesting note that if Oak Ridge doesn't win this one it looks like they could come in 3rd in their district.

SD

I would love to make a great and insightful prediction on this game..But....It seems to be one of those years in Knoxville HS soccer that ANYONE could beat ANYONE on any given night. Can you say "Parity".

For the fans, this has to have made a great year to be watching and keeping up with your and other teams in your area. For the coaches, this has to be a year to pull out your hair ( Yes, everyone can now make their hair puns, now). For the players, What a great year to be playing. Knowing each time you take the pitch you must play your best, or suffer defeat.

I'm jealous that I could not be apart of that excitement from your area.

West 2 OR 2

I would agree with 3-1 West. Maybe different at Oak Ridge's field, I still would give West the nod. However if the West "stars" start yapping with each other, the refs, etc. then Oak Ridge could upset them. If West plays fast and confident I wouldn't put it past them putting 4 or 5 in on OR.

Interesting note that if Oak Ridge doesn't win this one it looks like they could come in 3rd in their district.

SD

Four or five? No way! OR's keeper is too strong.

First game i got to see this year!!!! and it was worth the admission. oak ridge played brilliant in the first half! Ball movement was very close to that of college level. On their feild they would have owned west in the first half and would have tonight if they didn't force play once they were in their attacking third. Had numbers in the middle but choose to force to their forwards and caused turnovers. if they would have found the other side and then brought it back they would have been able to find the forwards feet more. They did do this in spirts in the first half but forced a little to much. i feel like they were two or three great passes away from becoming the best high school team i've probolly ever seen. West mounted attacks but never seemed dangers. Tanner was in goal for the first and mckoy seemeed like he was on an island up front. he wasn't impressive to me in the first. OR scored in the eight min off a set play from the left. Carlos flicked it on into the net off the kick (or was it a throw? can't remember). West scored shortly after off a set play (which should have never been called) brilliant set peace though. mckoy played the ball on the ground toward an apporaching player from "the crowd" and he played it toward the net and someone finished. i thought the keeper had it but they snuck it in. besides set peaces i didn't see much of anything from west.

Whoever said that with or without tanner they couldn't beat .............. (will leave unnamed because it doesn't matter) is out of their mind. With tanner West could beat anyone!!!! A) Throw ins. sorry but they could have easily had 4 goals off of them alone and i know that they could score off of them at any point. they are probolly better then a kick (corner and set peace), because at the high school lever players can not put the pace and acuraccy (they float it to much on an crosses and i mean EVERYONE) that tanner puts on his throws. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> i have ragged on this kid in the past about his attitude but man i saw more intinsity and determination in this kid in the few times i have watched him then probolly any other player. don't always agree with his tactics (i.e. pushing players and winning at times), but the kid gets after it for every single 50/50 balls and will put so much defensive pressure on the defenders. how many forwards can you say about that?

second half...... Tanner on the feild and keeper was in goal. This created alot of problems for OR and made it to difficult for them to play out of the back and through them way out of rythem. i do feel like OR did go away from their game plan from the first and that was very disappointing. they couldn't get much going. alot more kick ball in the second half with west putting more pressure on OR. OR scored their second goal of a set peace that went into the box and bounced out to #8 who finished on a great strike. West did come up with more changes but OR keeper is the difference maker. Good positioning and great awareness on when to come out and stay in. Only one spectacular save and squished ever other opertunity west had. OR forced more and didn't have the same ball movement.

Carlos is a brilliant player and once he starts developing his one v one skills the sky is the limit. Plays much more in tune with his team then his brother but not as explosive one v one. Man he has good vision, does make very good decisions, and great passing ability. i like that he's not afraid to take on players but needs more work with it.

Mckoy and Tanner...... Both have the capablilty to take over a game for west. Super athletic and still young, can't wait to see how they turn out in college. way off page with one another tonight. two very talented forwards but they play WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to dirict and sometimes ONLY go forward. if the both of them didn't have tunel vision they could have easily ran away with this game in the second half. Tanner just brings way to much to the table for West. Both are increadible athletes and rely on this factor to much some times.

#7 for west is very athletic and has the ability to run the middle but lacks very few qualities to dominate the middle. diffinitly worthy of mentioning.

One observation that stood out to me and was wondering what everyone else thought about it is the lost art of a good first touch. i can count on one hand the amount of constructive first touches i was tonight. EVERYONE lost the ball on multiple occasions (AND I MEAN EVERYONE!!!!) due to a poor first touch. if the first touch would clean up then the flow of the game will improve and i think OR would be almost impossible to stop when sticking to the right game plan.

I now defer all of my predictions to Dins (Who I think I have a guess who that is now). I completely underestimated Wilson. Plus I was going off early season Oak Ridge. I haven't seen them in a while.

Going to go finish off my crow for breakfast.

SD

Who is Wilson? Plus, I didn't get all the games that I predicted correct.

My predictions were as follows:

Farragut 3, Bearden 1.

Oak Ridge 2, West 1.

CAK 1, Catholic 0

I got the CAK/Catholic game wrong.