WEEK 8 MATCHES

akula21

McCallie 1 CCS 0

McCallie controled the majority of the game but could not find the back of the net in the first half. McCallie scores 15 minutes into the second half with a long cross out of the back by Wheeler into the box and Hicks scored with a beautiful head ball. CCS's goalie was injuried and for some reason it took almost 10 minutes for CCS to field a new goalie. CCS made a late run 7 minutes into stopage time by came up short. Good luck to CCS in the Post season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Maryville tied Sevier County... Anyone know if this is correct?

Also, anyone have the Bearden score?

Re: Bearden score: 4-4, final goal on a Cleveland PK just after final buzzer sounded. Heard it from a freind who heard it from a friend type information, so I have no idea on the accuracy.

4-1 Farragut over Alcoa.

Hats off to coach culbreth, that was the best team we have seen all year. They worked extremely hard and were fast/physical. Seemed like they were always denying a passing lane and forcing predictable soccer. Even when we did create something, they were so fast to recover that we never seemed to sustain many attacks for very long. Can't really speak to any standout players for farragut, they all looked great and very few mistouches on the ball. Hope this was them clicking tonight, b/c if they can play much better, I feel for anyone they meet in the tournament. Thanks for coming over guys. On to Bearden, Thursday.

Maryville-1

Sevier Co.-1

We felt like we had an edge in possession and opportunities, but it was not a lopsided game. SC has a good team, and they cannot be taken lightly. They are very physical and organized on defense. #2 is a great player and we wish him luck in college. Where is he playing? SC scored on a direct kick, and we scored on a nice build up and a cross from Bradley Fischer with a finish from Austin Pugh.

Shots:

Maryville-13

Sevier Co-7

Corners

Maryville-3

Sevier Co-0

Re: Bearden score: 4-4, final goal on a Cleveland PK just after final buzzer sounded. Heard it from a freind who heard it from a friend type information, so I have no idea on the accuracy.

True Score: Cleveland 4 Bearden 4. Cleveland played the entire second half with 2 starters out secondary to first half injuries(GK and Sweeper). Cleveland was flat first half and Bearden controlled the pitch. Second half was a different story. Very physical contest with numerous yellow cards.

Well the PK call was questionable. It seems to me that the kid kicked the back of our outside mids foot and let out a loud scream and dove that drew the attention of the ref as the final buzzer sounded. and the Ref decided to give them a pk with 1 second remaining. Not much you can do aboout that unfortunately.