WEEK 8 MATCHES

akula21

I'm glad this is your first post.

You have no right to slam a team so disrespectfully. It's arrogant, it's rude, and it's not something we'll put up with on the boards.

These boards are about good discussion and decent banter. Not about abhorrent, impertinent, insolent and revolting comments that are uncivil in manner.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

It's not that hard to make an intelligent post here; I'd suggest you start now.

As of MJHUB's week 7 rankings, here are some notables from Cleveland's schedule

Oak Ridge - #6

Baylor - #9

Independence - #10

Dalton - traditional Georgia powerhouse

Christian Brothers - #3

Bearden - #7

It's not like they haven't played anybody either.

My little boy is all grown up! Sigh!

Well said.

To all that complain about the official clock on the scoreboard... All of the state chamionship games have time officially kept on the scoreboard. It is an acceptable standard. I prefer it kept there, actually. Instead of having to guess when the game is over, it is right there for you to see. We played a LONG time over in some of our other games, and it is frustrating.

Cleveland should be proud of their season, but need to remember that next week is when everything starts to truly matter. The team that ends their season with a win will be crowned the champion.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad this is your first post.

You have no right to slam a team so disrespectfully. It's arrogant, it's rude, and it's not something we'll put up with on the boards.

These boards are about good discussion and decent banter. Not about abhorrent, impertinent, insolent and revolting comments that are uncivil in manner.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

It's not that hard to make an intelligent post here; I'd suggest you start now.

As of MJHUB's week 7 rankings, here are some notables from Cleveland's schedule

Oak Ridge - #6

Baylor - #9

Independence - #10

Dalton - traditional Georgia powerhouse

Christian Brothers - #3

Bearden - #7

It's not like they haven't played anybody either.

First off, did you use the dictionary for your post? All those words made my head hurt.

Second,

You tell me..............

Farragut's opponents W-L record is 106-58.

Bearden's opponents W-L record is 125-75.

Maryville's is 127-84.

NOW....CLEVELAND's opponents W-L record is 87-80. And somehow they are ranked ahead of everyone.

But like you said, it's not like they haven't played anybody either.

(do some homework, not from the dictionary...big words dont make you cool)

My comments were not rude, or arrogant. I did not bash cleveland's program. BOTTOM line is they will not survive once they start to face competition.

Best of luck to all teams during tournament time!

First off, did you use the dictionary for your post? All those words made my head hurt.

Second,

Maryville's is 127-84.

NOW....CLEVELAND's opponents W-L record is 87-80. And somehow they are ranked ahead of everyone.

My comments were not rude, or arrogant. I did not bash cleveland's program. BOTTOM line is they will not survive once they start to face competition.

Cleveland lost yet???????? sounds like they have survived to me...... and not every game in the post season will be as difficult as christian brothers, bearden, and oak ridge (i'm telling you guys that this team is speacil, could turn alot of heads)........ don't bash on cleveland.

but like everyone else has said next week is when it counts but trust me you can not count out a team that has accomplished this much this season (anything is possible).....

Second,

Maryville's is 127-84.

First off, our district is not the strongest and we cant help that. Farragut and Bearden both play in the toughest district in the state. We scheduled as many tough opponents out of our district as we could. We also tried to add Alcoa to our schedule late as well to play us senior night but it didnt work out. But posts like that don't influence how we think. We know we are a good team and weve proven that. Am i saying were gonna walk through state? not by any means. But we wont be trampled on either. All your doing is motivating us more.

Having seen all of the strong Knoxville area teams as well as Cleveland, I think that Cleveland is a very solid team and they can definitely compete with the Knoxville area teams with possibly the exception of Farragut. That is no disrespect to Cleveland or any other the other East Tennessee teams, but Farragut seems to be in a league of their own this year. I was really impressed with how easily they dominated the Bearden game. I have also seen Oak Ridge play several times this year and they seem to be peaking at the right time. But, as another poster said, the playoffs start next week and the games will be played on the field. By the way, I would not count out Maryville either. All of these teams have exceptional talent and anything can happen in one game. One thing is for sure, the games will be fun to watch!