Fall 2009 Season - Who are the Pre-Season Favorites

dman

East Division II: Baylor, of course

Central Division II: A host of schools including FRA now that they've moved.

Does anyone know how the Div II AA East/Middle will work this year? Webb is no longer in Div II AA East, leaving only Baylor and GPS. It could hardly have been considered a subregion last year with three teams, and now it's only two. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GreenEville has only 2 seniors on their team - neither started as juniors. The core of the team is the incoming Junior class of about 11 girls most of whom started as Sophmores and all play together on the Galaxy club team. With the move to AA, I'd agree with MVM that Greeneville is a pre-season fav for a state run both this year and next.

GHS actually has 3 seniors but their strength is definitely in the junior class, most of these girls have been playing together since elementary school. They just recently were runners up in the u16 d2 state championship and the year before they won the u15 d3 championship.

:thumb: I was one of the refs on that game. :D

Trust me...this isn't D3 or D2 soccer.

True it's not D2 or D3 soccer it's High School soccer. While I don't think anyone is saying that Greenville will win state this year, I think everyone is saying they will have a good chance getting to Chattanooga this year.

Since my dog has left the hunt, let's post : ST. AGNES may show up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did this in 2006 and and everyone beat me and beat me and, lets see 134 goals-vs 2, 23-0, # 3 in the nation and more wins that #2 and tied # 1, but noooooo, I was wrong. Since I am on the "retired list" I feel that I want to toss up some thoughts to get the "spirits" rolling. Go STARS!!! :lol::lol::thumb::lol::?

Soccermom: you're up ... or..... we can wait until Katie H.

OK...I'll get in here!

Waterdog....I am going to miss seeing you on the soccer field! I do agree that St Agnes has some very young talent...but I don't think that this will be their year to win state. However, Briarcrest should have a good year with a very strong team and another good run at state! We also have picked up about 13 to 15 Freshmen this year.....some of which are extremely talented for future growth of the program. Last year, I indicated early on that Briarcrest had a great chance....and we were only one goal away from being state champs for 2008....here's to hoping for the state champ ring this year!

Canes.....we may have a small division....but it is a talented one. In comparing the teams that D2 have to get past to the ones that Collierville and Houston have to get past to go to state there is no comparison. AAA out of the west is very lopsided in talent with many teams in the bracket who don't stand a chance giving Collierville and Houston easy walks. At D2, it could be anyone's game based on the talent pool at the respective schools in the division....much tougher road to make it to state.

Sorry Mom, we don't get to choose the teams we are required to play to "get" to state, we play the cards that are dealt to us, not make up new divisions so that everyone can be a state champion. I would imagine this year we will crown, what.... six or seven?

Have a great season....

Water Dog.....when is your field duty day?