11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

Congratulations to the Overton Bobcats -- Season district champions 11-AAA with a 12-2 district record, 24-6 overall.

Seeds and matchups should be out today for the district tournament starting Friday at Overton. Overton plays in the first game at 4pm.

Looks like Indy and maybe Ravenwood are hitting their stride. Overton needs to get their game in gear after a couple of close ones.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton will host one site while Indy host the other. The matchups will be Indy vs hill , ravenwood vs Brentwood. On overtons side it will be overton vs hill and franklin vs centennial. All I got to say is the eagles of Indy are running away with it. They have the best hitting and pitching in the district.

Overton will host one site while Indy host the other. The matchups will be Indy vs hill , ravenwood vs Brentwood. On overtons side it will be overton vs hill and franklin vs centennial. All I got to say is the eagles of Indy are running away with it. They have the best hitting and pitching in the district.

Don't totally agree with the comments about Indy having the best hitting and pitching. Interesting finish to the season in this district, but not totally unexpected with Overton and Indy on top. In my opinion, this season has been much more about the quality of coaching (or lack of it) than the talent level in the district. I've watched many games this year and have seen all the teams play at least once. Coach Morrison at Overton should be coaching above this level, always seems to get the best out of his teams even when the talent isn't always there. Coach Moore at Indy will be coaching at a higher level in the near future, young coach that has proven he knows baseball and how to work with and develop players. With the exception of Brentwood, Overton, and Indy (newer school) the other coaching staffs have had too much turnover and a current batch of coaches that don't really understand how to motivate and develop young players. Too many Billy Martin imposters and not enough Joe Torres (if you get my drift). Don't know where the school administrators find most of these "wanna be" coaches, but my guess is that baseball ranks very low on their list of priorities. Too bad Overton is leaving this district next year. It will leave Indy on top for a number of years, with everyone else fighting for 2nd place.

District 11-AAA

At Independence (bottom half)

Friday: Hillwood vs. Independence, 4:30 p.m.; Brentwood vs. Ravenwood, 7 p.m.

Saturday: Hillwood-Independence loser vs. Brentwood-Ravenwood loser; Hillwood-Independence winner vs. Brentwood-Ravenwood winner

Monday: Losers final; winners final

Tuesday: If necessary

At Overton (top half)

Friday: Hillsboro vs. Overton, 4:30 p.m.; Centennial vs. Franklin, 7 p.m.

Saturday: Hillsboro-Overton loser vs. Centennial-Franklin loser; Hillsboro-Overton winner vs. Centennial-Overton winner

Monday: Losers final; winners final

Tuesday: If necessary

Wednesday: Championship, 7 p.m

The middle of this district got flipped in the last week of the season. As usual, Ravenwood is making its late season push, Indy appears to be getting it together, and Overton is not playing its best ball at all (lots of injuries and key players in slumps).

The district will host the regional play, as well, but disagreements abound on who that host will be -- the tournament winner (if not Overton), or Overton as the #1 seed due to season championship.

Is the first round after region at a predetertimed location or at one of the participant fields?

Well its time for the Eagles to set off and fly. The Indy Eagles will be your 2009 District 11AAA Tourney Champs. I am calling it right here. If it does not happen I will retire from coacht forever. This is the best team in this district and if not for one slip up against Overton they would be the champs. Here is my educated and professional opinion on the teams.

Indy- Best Hitting, pitching in the district. Lee will show why he is going to Vandy and Rowe will dominate Ravenwood on Saturday.

Ravenwood- Scrappy team who has no clear number 1. Can't hit the ball, best thing they have is an underrated Coach in Chad Kirby.

Brentwood- Ray and Hillis are done. There bench is split and Vaughn thinks he has the job wrapped up next year. No one cares for the Bruins

Centennial- They will make a splash by beating Franklin then Overton and play Indy where they will lose in the championship.

Overton- Not playing very well and the youth is starting to show as the season gets longer.

Franklin- They are done, they have the worst coaching, worst senior leadership, they can't hit, can't pitch, and I don't think I need to go on anymore. They go 2 and down losing to one of the Hills Saturday.

Well its time for the Eagles to set off and fly. The Indy Eagles will be your 2009 District 11AAA Tourney Champs. I am calling it right here. If it does not happen I will retire from coacht forever. This is the best team in this district and if not for one slip up against Overton they would be the champs. Here is my educated and professional opinion on the teams.

Indy- Best Hitting, pitching in the district. Lee will show why he is going to Vandy and Rowe will dominate Ravenwood on Saturday.

Ravenwood- Scrappy team who has no clear number 1. Can't hit the ball, best thing they have is an underrated Coach in Chad Kirby.

Brentwood- Ray and Hillis are done. There bench is split and Vaughn thinks he has the job wrapped up next year. No one cares for the Bruins

Centennial- They will make a splash by beating Franklin then Overton and play Indy where they will lose in the championship.

Overton- Not playing very well and the youth is starting to show as the season gets longer.

Franklin- They are done, they have the worst coaching, worst senior leadership, they can't hit, can't pitch, and I don't think I need to go on anymore. They go 2 and down losing to one of the Hills Saturday.

Holy crap you are an idiot. I'm not going to predict anything on here because I really think the championship could go to anyone right now. I don't think that Overton will win it because they don't have much to play for, and they're not playing well right now, it's not that they don't have the ability, I just don't think it will happen. To me, it is probably going to come down to Indy, Franklin, and maybe Brentwood and Ravenwood. I think Franklin might have drawn a better seed by losing their last two and playing Centennial and Overton instead of Indy, Brentwood, and Ravenwood. Should be a great week of baseball.

It looks fine. As long as this next band isn't torrential we should be ok. The shop vacs will be out in full force.

I expect Indy or Ravenwood to win it. Franklin and Centennial could make a move if their pitching holds up (big if for both). Overton will probably not win it due to them not having alot to play for plus they seem to be struggling some now.

Brentwood is toast. They look like they want the season over with, both players and coaches. If Brentwood were smart, they'd clean house and get a completely new coach in there. JMO.